PDA

View Full Version : Black Elements

tehSlippy
03-05-2005, 05:53 PM
Okay, I have 5+ of every monster (in the Monster Arena) except for Black Elements; I am missing one. However, I'm in the Omega Ruins, and I have been for about 20 minutes, and I haven't even fought one yet. I came into the Ruins with ~100000 gil, and now I have 3130510 gil. Where the hell are these things?

-*-Rikku-*-
03-05-2005, 06:05 PM
I'm not there, i'm now in Zanarkand, but i had the same problem with catching the ogre in the calm lands i didn't found one in an hour i really get stressed up, but think ya have to keep lookin dnno whatya can do

redxiiii
03-05-2005, 06:13 PM
Very true thats all you can do just keep walkin round lookin for them!

Skyblade
03-05-2005, 06:32 PM
Save and exit the game, then go in and try again. Supposedly, this resets the encounter ratios. I'm not sure if that is accurate, but it shouldn't hurt to try.

rubah
03-05-2005, 07:43 PM
The thing about resetting, you might have been *just* about to run into one.

Just stay out of Omega's basement and you should run into them from time to time. They do like to cast statuses on you though, I think it's mostly beserk.

I know how it is, though. I had the hardest time finding puroburoses, and they friggin' come in *threes*.

You can capture a maximum of ten for each monster though, so just keep working on that and occaisionally resetting and you should come across them.

Skyblade
03-05-2005, 11:20 PM
The thing about resetting, you might have been *just* about to run into one.

Just stay out of Omega's basement and you should run into them from time to time. They do like to cast statuses on you though, I think it's mostly beserk.

I know how it is, though. I had the hardest time finding puroburoses, and they friggin' come in *threes*.

You can capture a maximum of ten for each monster though, so just keep working on that and occaisionally resetting and you should come across them.

I agree totally on the Puroburoses. They were a real pain.

One thing that seems to work well for me though, is to not move after I fight an enemy I want to fight again. Just press back and forth really quickly while staying in almost the exact same place. I've gotten five of the same enemy in a row that way. I'm not sure how it works, or even if it's just dumb luck, but you might want to try that too.

rubah
03-05-2005, 11:38 PM
it probably is dumb luck, but I've done it myself, especially with tonberries and behemoth kings ;)

Del Murder
03-06-2005, 07:30 AM
The reset trick works for me. If you don't find one within 10-15 battles, then save, reset, and try again. When you do get some then don't reset because there is a better chance you'll get more.

Cuchulainn
03-08-2005, 05:54 PM
On the Calm Lands I noticed the monsters seem to be, but not exclusively so, around the same areas.
I Often encounter Malboro's MOST often in the upper left, the weaker monsters along the bottom, Anaconduars & this Leopards seem to be around central right most often & Ogres appeared most for me around the Trading Post...I'm not sure if this is rule of thumb but those general points worked for me.

Ultimate99997
03-08-2005, 09:17 PM
I think that it simply takes sheer deterination - I had to wait around the same amount just to find those annoying machea's in omega ruins. All I needed was 1 more to complete my entire collection - I ran to omega ruins an thought that they should logically turn up in at least half an hour - but nooooooooooooooo - 3 - 4 hours later I finally find two near the save point area. I haven't tried the reset trick althouogh I probably will in the fufture to test it's reliabilty. As for finding the black elementals - I found them to be one of the rarer fiends to appear along with halma's and varunas - just stick to it and think positively (you are getting a lot of gil)!

ffrinoa8
03-08-2005, 09:27 PM
Okay, I have 5+ of every monster (in the Monster Arena) except for Black Elements; I am missing one. However, I'm in the Omega Ruins, and I have been for about 20 minutes, and I haven't even fought one yet. I came into the Ruins with ~100000 gil, and now I have 3130510 gil. Where the hell are these things?
be patient they're there once you see them they'll pop again and again and again just be patient! :tongue:

-*-Rikku-*-
03-09-2005, 11:36 AM
I had the same prob on catchin al monsters in the cave of mt gagazet, i had to catch dark flan but after a while he didn't showed up anymore, then i did the sphere grid with everyone and began walking and then he came back, weird but true.

bigbri2k5
03-29-2005, 10:38 AM
with me it took me forever to find black elements which were my last creature. then i fought three more groups on my way to the savesphere

blumoon1216
03-31-2005, 01:44 AM
I had the same prob on catchin al monsters in the cave of mt gagazet, i had to catch dark flan but after a while he didn't showed up anymore, then i did the sphere grid with everyone and began walking and then he came back, weird but true.

I also had trouble with finding a Dark Flan. That is really weird how it worked out though, I wonder if Square perposely did that or something. Maybe if you move along on the Sphere Grid the monsters are refreshed, that must also mean that monsters aren't random so maybe that's not the case.