PDA

View Full Version : Weapon of main Hero/Heroine

Gunblades
03-05-2005, 06:12 PM
classically it's the sword that the Main Hero weilds, but what would you like the Main character to weild.

Personally i dont think you can beat the sword, but i would like to see something inventive like a Giant Cicle.

Rase
03-05-2005, 07:22 PM
Sword, very basic.

Also, do you mean Sickle or something else? Just curious.

Martyr
03-06-2005, 12:41 AM
I think she meant something more like a hoola hoop.

RP MODE! *Uses the Elastic Hoola Hoop, and the enemies are mesmorized! Throws Hoola Hoop! Head Shot! It bounces off enemies like a pinball, sending them all into the 4th dimension!*

That would be awesome.

But, other than a Hoola Hoop, I think that baseball bats are the best weapons for a real hero. If it's a sword, it's gotta be a Falchion.

That's my opinion. And I'm obviously outspoken because nobody's main weapon is a Falchion, and the only hero who uses a baseball bat in my memory (Though he was and is one of the greatest RPG hero's of all time) is Ness.

Yuffie514
03-06-2005, 01:40 AM
the sword is the symbol of the hero :) , but if i had to choose :mad: , i'd second that with a lance :p .

krissy
03-06-2005, 01:44 AM
nobody's main weapon is a Falchion

http://guidesarchive.ign.com/guides/12288/images/ashleyart.jpg

also read i read heroin

Dormos
03-06-2005, 03:53 AM
A kitten-powered knife gun.

Martyr
03-06-2005, 04:25 AM
also read i read heroin

Are you saying that I'm being sexist? pardon me. I just didn't want to do the whole "slash heroine" thing. I like simplicity, that's all.
Chill the heck out.

And who's that in the pic anyway? I've never seen it before.

Zante
03-06-2005, 07:26 AM
Any other weapon than the sword doesn't feel right to me. If it's something special, like the gunblade or Zidanes doubleswords, it's even better.

ShunNakamura
03-06-2005, 11:30 AM
swords are cool but I wish other weapons would be used more, or at least a different type of sword... Bigger isn't always better... I personally prefer the sleak swords... Katanas and Kodachis are examples.

A different weapon would be the Naginata... I believe it was traditionally weilded by women or at least many women weilded it. Anyway it is one amazining cool weapon I think.

Gunblades
03-06-2005, 06:16 PM
Dark_Paladin_Cecil - oops yep, a whopping great big one

Martyr, im a male, a very handsome one, but still male lol, and i agree about a Falchion rather than all that eastern crap.

thats something i dont like about the eastern influence, in the west women weilded any weapon they wanted, any type of sword they wanted, but eastern weaponry has become so inbred it's maddening.

rubah
03-06-2005, 10:43 PM
I thought zidane used knives? dang-_-

One of them should have a really long metal pipe. More than a weapon, you can jump over crevases with it! and play limbo! or just use it for a flagpole. . .

Hinky the Pickle
03-07-2005, 02:14 AM
I thought zidane used knives? dang-_-.
Actually he uses both daggers and swallows (those "double swords" GLR mentioned).

Personally I like the classic sword as the main character's weapon but otherwise I'd say guns are also pretty cool.

Kawaii Ryűkishi
03-07-2005, 02:53 AM
Are you saying that I'm being sexist? pardon me. I just didn't want to do the whole "slash heroine" thing. I like simplicity, that's all.
Chill the heck out.He was saying he read heroin (as in the drug) instead of heroine (as in a female hero). Way to be paranoid.
And who's that in the pic anyway? I've never seen it before.Ashley Riot, the protoganist in Vagrant Story.

Martyr
03-07-2005, 05:07 AM
He was saying he read heroin (as in the drug) instead of heroine (as in a female hero). Way to be paranoid.

Well, I'm a big fan of clarity. He wrote "also read i read heroin."
I can safely assume that his punctuation is total crap here, and should also be allowed to safley assume that the "e" at the end of heroine, to a writer of this caliber, shouldn't matter the slightest inkling.
If it was some form of joke that I responed poorly to, then I apologize. There, that's done.

Secondly, the repetition of the word "read," more strongly suggests that the statement is a suggestion that somebody is reading improperly.
Ie: Also, read. I read heroine."

If the original poster made a typo, then it probably isn't a result of not being learned in necessary literature. The problem is a spellcheck.

So, more likely, in my opinion, the comment was focused at me, saying that I should be reading and paying better attention.
To that remark, I have already made my retort.
This is my retort to yours, Kawaii. I do hope that you can understand the logic within my viewpoint, and not continue to attack me with such ludicrous absurdities as my paranoia.

Gunblades: I apologize. I merely assumed, that with all of your female avatars, you were suggesting that you were female. I'll be sure to keep your gender in mind.

strawberryman
03-07-2005, 06:00 AM
I'd have to say a giant pair of scissors. Nothing could beat that.
http://www.left-handed.com/acatalog/bargain-left-handed-scissors-small.jpg

Martyr
03-07-2005, 06:11 AM
Agreed. But how would you wield it?

strawberryman
03-07-2005, 06:36 AM
Agreed. But how would you wield it?
By the handle, of course. An example of an easy kill:
stick it in them with the scissors being closed, then open.

Gunblades
03-08-2005, 07:36 PM
Martyr - no offence taken. I have alot of female orientated siggys and avvies because i like girls lol. As to my spelling, i have a degree :), but regardless i dont pay much attention to my spellings on the net because i type fast and post quick so i am not online long. Whos cares if things are spelt wrong anyway, there much more terrible things happening in the world :)

so the scisors (scissors) lol would basically be a large sword that can split apart.

Del Murder
03-12-2005, 06:57 PM
You would give the enemy the scissors and force them to run around with it.