PDA

View Full Version : About Auron.... [definitely spoilers]

Kamrusepas
03-05-2005, 08:45 PM
Yunalesca killed him, right?

Then, how did he get the scar over his eye? Yunalesca hits him with some magic bolt and he flies but I doubt that produces a scar.

And, how has he gotten so much older if he died ten years ago? Even if he's an unsent, shouldn't he remain as he were when he died?

Chopseuy
03-05-2005, 09:10 PM
Yeah, Yunalesca killed him. But, he never was sent to the Farplane, so he remained Unsent. Get the concept heh.

abrojtm
03-05-2005, 09:13 PM
He aged because he chose to do so. Just as Seymour used the pyreflies that kept him "alive" to transmorph into Flux and Omnis and whatnot.

Chopseuy
03-05-2005, 09:15 PM
Yeah. And also, remember: Auron gets sent by Yuna in the end of the game after you kill Yu Yevon.

Kamrusepas
03-05-2005, 09:27 PM
I didn't know he was able to choose whether to age or not, thank you :)

FF freak
03-05-2005, 09:28 PM
Well then how come he didn't use his pyreflies to transform himself into some kind of uber Auron?

Skyblade
03-05-2005, 11:11 PM
Well then how come he didn't use his pyreflies to transform himself into some kind of uber Auron?

How would that be any different from his normal form? :D

Kamrusepas
03-05-2005, 11:28 PM
In no way, exactly :)

rubah
03-05-2005, 11:36 PM
How do we know whether or not people age if they're unsent?

The only other sure examples we have are the yevon maesters-- mika, seymour, and we don't see mika when he's young, and seymour's only newly dead.

lulusgirl
03-06-2005, 12:59 AM
Yunalesca killed him, right?

Then, how did he get the scar over his eye? Yunalesca hits him with some magic bolt and he flies but I doubt that produces a scar.

And, how has he gotten so much older if he died ten years ago? Even if he's an unsent, shouldn't he remain as he were when he died?
the bolt would've hit him in the head and when he hit the grount,he could've landed on something sharp.

master-kupo
03-06-2005, 09:48 AM
ehh a long time since i played it, but wouldt there be a chance of that he got the scar before the fight? >.<

silent_ultima
03-06-2005, 10:12 AM
ehh a long time since i played it, but wouldt there be a chance of that he got the scar before the fight? >.<
nope.. coz when the cut-scenes shows the confrontation between him and Yunalesca, there was no scar whatsoever on his face.

Kamrusepas
03-06-2005, 10:18 AM
And the landing couldn't have produced the scar, he lands on the back of his neck.

silent_ultima
03-06-2005, 10:29 AM
IMHO...
he said that he barely manages to climb down Mount Gagazet, maybe he got that scar when he fought his way down, using his last strength to fight the fiends there, and finally died at the foot of Mount Gagazet, where Kimahri found him and took his last will:bring Yuna to Besaid.

Sad story, though. He kept his promise to his best friends even in his death.

Kamrusepas
03-06-2005, 06:00 PM
That's Auron, faithful till the end...

Ultimate99997
03-06-2005, 07:12 PM
I suppose that even unsents can get injured and scarred even after their death because Auron is always battling with you and gets injured from fiends as much as any normal living character. You can also hurt seymour after his transformations which shows that just because they weren't scarred before death they can still be scarred afterwards.

Kamrusepas
03-06-2005, 07:43 PM
But wouldn't it kinda spoil the game if Auron was invincible?

Heartless Shadow
03-06-2005, 08:51 PM
yh it would of messed everything up

Ezme
03-08-2005, 07:18 PM
Auron just rocks. I so want a model of him.....but they don't make one....only a stupid anime badge.....oh well....mabey one day....i still haev my oddly slutty lulu...

Anyway, back to the post. He probibly did get the scar climbing down Mt Gagazet when he was still alive....just. It sooooo cool aurons story, just his complete loyalty, its amazing and what he must have went through (am i getitng too involved with this...). I think auron is probiblly the youngest because in the spheres hes all rash and impatient and vocal about not likeing Jecht. I know hes a fallen warrior monk but do you ever find out anything else about his pasts...past? before he was braskas guardian.

i think i've answered two threads inone go...oh well.

Squall of SeeD
03-09-2005, 06:33 PM
There is, of course, the possibility that Auron received a scar over his eye while descending Mt. Gagazet before his death, or he may simply have decided to have the Pyreflies of which his Unsent form was composed make him appear to have a scar, just as he had them make him appear to be older. I prefer the possibility that he received the scar while descending Mt. Gagazet, myself, and simply decided to keep it on his Unsent form.

As for why he would make himself appear older, this was obviously so that no one would know he was dead. Only Kimahri knew before the game began, and Seymour sensed it in Guadosalam long before the others knew ("We Guado are keen to the scent of the Farplane"), but no one else knew until Auron revealed it to Tidus in Zanarkand.

By the way, WelshWonder, they did make a toy of Auron. A twelve inch tall vinyl figure:

Scroll down close to the bottom of this webpage (http://halonoir0.tripod.com/) or just go to this one (http://actionfiguresbygofigure.com/product2452.html).

Pouring Rain
03-09-2005, 08:53 PM
he dies right? where do all the pyreflies go? they are in zanarkand, right? so is it possible that yunalesca spared him, so he is dead but still alive? so his memories stay in zanarkand but he is still alive. that could explain why he doesn't have pyreflies. he could have got scar from a fiend, right? he can't do everything by himself. Seymour can have damage because he made himself unto a big, gigantic fiend. Just like sin. so Auron is dead in the mind, but alive in the body. That's easy to understand, right?

Ezme
03-09-2005, 10:39 PM
Damn, too rich for my blood. I got some of the final fantasy Trading arts models off e-bay which were kinda cool even if lulu looks slutty. I wish more ff stuff got through to europe/UK.

Auron rocks, the end.

Squall of SeeD
03-10-2005, 05:15 AM
he dies right? where do all the pyreflies go? they are in zanarkand, right? so is it possible that yunalesca spared him, so he is dead but still alive? so his memories stay in zanarkand but he is still alive. that could explain why he doesn't have pyreflies. he could have got scar from a fiend, right? he can't do everything by himself. Seymour can have damage because he made himself unto a big, gigantic fiend. Just like sin. so Auron is dead in the mind, but alive in the body. That's easy to understand, right?

No, Auron's body is very much dead. He even says that he died:

Auron
"When Braska and Jecht died defeating Sin..."
"I just couldn't accept it."
"I came back here... tried to avenge them."
"But she struck me down."
"Somehow I made my way, crawling, down Mount Gagazet."
"But my strength left me just outside Bevelle. That's where Kimahri found me."
"I told him about Yuna... just before I died."
"I've been wandering ever since, never going to the Farplane."

His form seen throughout all of the game but flashbacks is composed of Pyreflies. It even disperses into Pyreflies during the ending.

Dante WolfWood
03-10-2005, 07:17 PM
well, this is what I think:

The scar came from while he was climbing down the mount. thats easy, ok , about the age thing, theres 3 theories:

1. He forced himself to age so noone would know.

ok, the two theories I believe (their relativley the same)

2. Auron lived in the dream world for 10 years, maybe the worlds have a reverse effect. ya know, since he was real but dead and didnt age in the real world, he DID age in the dream world, Zanarkand. (maybe a alive real person wouldnt age in Zanarkand? :rolleyes2 )

3. While he was in the dream world , the fayths knew of what he was doing and forced his pyrflies to age while in the dream world (they have controll over everything in the dream world)

ok, about his body not transforming, well, think about it, hes a warrior monk, very high up on self-concept and honor, maybe he HAD the ability to transform if he wanted into a fiend (like seymour and all other unsent dead people), he had such a strong emotion to keep original his body (his honor) he was able to keep the original form.

Pouring Rain
03-10-2005, 08:26 PM
No, Auron's body is very much dead. He even says that he died:

His form seen throughout all of the game but flashbacks is composed of Pyreflies. It even disperses into Pyreflies during the ending.ok. i haven't beat the game yet so i wouldn't know

Fireblade13
04-14-2005, 09:31 PM
You know this makes me so badly want a prequal to X. I think that Auron took the scar because he failed in avenging braska and jecht. What loyalty... Auron aging? I say its because he went and was with tidus 1000 years into the past so probably time travel makes even the unsent age?

Old Manus
04-14-2005, 09:40 PM
Auron is the only true hero of Final Fantasy X. He never lied, was always on the good side, and never gave up, even in death. While Tidus many times just wanted to give up and go home. He is FFX's version of Solid Snake, the experienced, tactiturn hero.

Anyways, him not aging would look a little strange to others.

Squall of SeeD
04-15-2005, 02:52 AM
You know this makes me so badly want a prequal to X. I think that Auron took the scar because he failed in avenging braska and jecht. What loyalty... Auron aging? I say its because he went and was with tidus 1000 years into the past so probably time travel makes even the unsent age?

Auron didn't travel through time, only through dimensions. Tidus' Zanarkand is a dream world that exists on another plane of existance, but exists parallel in time with Spira. Note that 10 years passed in Zanarkand and 10 years had passed in Spira simultaneously. Dream Zanarkand was just created based on Zanarkand as the people who lived there remembered it. Time, however, moved forward beyond that point and those who would have originally been dreamt of would have perished.

Anyways, him not aging would look a little strange to others.

Exactly. Only Kimahri knew he was dead all along. The rest of the world would have found it a little suspicious that he didn't look a day past 25 when he should appear to be 35.

fire_of_avalon
04-15-2005, 04:48 AM
This might seem a little off topic, but this guy is so bad assed. I mean, check it. He challened Yunalesca, and yeah he got smacked down. But after that he crawled back THROUGH the Zanarkand Ruins, DOWN Mout Gagazet, THROUGH the Calm Lands and made it to just outside Bevelle.

What's my point, you ask? If he can do that on the brink of death, he can make himself look like anything he wants too. ;)

Ok, in all honesty, I think that he probably did not conciously choose to age, I just don't think there was any other way for him to adapt to the idea of being dead. Afterall, Seymour ages, as far as I know, because, if I'm right about this, Seymour died when he was on his way to defeat Sin, and that was when he was just a kid . However, I'm not 100% sure on anything that happened to Seymour, because I still haven't gone inside Sin or beaten the game , so don't ruin things for me :D?

And about the scar, Yunalesca seems to kinda uppercut him, so that's where it might've come from. Because you don't see the face of his past self again, after that point.

Man, I love Auron. *dances*

Squall of SeeD
04-15-2005, 04:51 PM
Ok, in all honesty, I think that he probably did not conciously choose to age, I just don't think there was any other way for him to adapt to the idea of being dead. Afterall, Seymour ages, as far as I know, because, if I'm right about this, Seymour died when he was on his way to defeat Sin, and that was when he was just a kid . However, I'm not 100% sure on anything that happened to Seymour, because I still haven't gone inside Sin or beaten the game , so don't ruin things for me :D?

Seeing as how you've already fought Seymour several times in all likelihood, you should know that Yuna and her Guardians kill him in the Temple of Macalania. He wasn't dead until then.

In the subsequent battles with him, his form changes through his own will, as it was composed of Pyreflies at that point and not a body of flesh and blood, the same as Auron's was composed of Pyreflies. For that matter, at one point Auron uses his own Pyreflies to show Tidus him making his promise to Jecht that he would look after Tidus, so Auron was fully capable of manipulating the Pyreflies of which his Unsent form was composed.

fire_of_avalon
04-15-2005, 11:23 PM
I understand o_o