PDA

View Full Version : What the hell is that ?! ( part 2 )

Itsunari 2000
03-05-2005, 10:09 PM
Any ideas about that strange mask Edea is seen wearing in the Rinoa VS Edea FMV ( disc 1 ) ???

My name is...something..?
03-05-2005, 10:18 PM
You mean that thing that kind of folds up into her ear things??
I've always wondered that too. There was really no reason for her to wear it.

Camanche
03-05-2005, 10:18 PM
For style. And perhaps because it could be considered intimidating. I don't think it has any real function other than to be part of her design. It's a Sorceress thing. ;)

TheAbominatrix
03-05-2005, 10:20 PM
Yeah, for fashion. There's no 'reason' to wear anything but enough to cover your privates and keep you warm, right?

Her mask, her dress, and that huge gold thing on her back... all for fashion.

One of the people in Deling city talks about sorceress fashion, I cant remember specifically what she said.

Camanche
03-06-2005, 02:13 AM
Me either. But I know it was something about how the Sorceress was 'sooooo fashionable'. Heh, go figure. (I know the comentator of Edea's fashion sense has got some whacked out apparel on, and is walking with another female who has similar taste in fashion. :))

TheAbominatrix
03-06-2005, 02:53 AM
Yeah, I think she said something about Edea bringing new style to the city. Somethin like that.

Destai
03-06-2005, 02:56 AM
Was it like a sleeping mask? She seemed to be asleep before Rinoa interrupted. Y'know those pads some people wear over there eyes while they sleep? Was that her hair that pulled into it as it dissapeared?

Camanche
03-06-2005, 03:02 AM
Was it like a sleeping mask? She seemed to be asleep before Rinoa interrupted. Y'know those pads some people wear over there eyes while they sleep? Was that her hair that pulled into it as it dissapeared?

It's a space age beauty mask! You know, all that weird cream, and eye cucumbers that you see. Well, actually, more like a space age beauty helmet. It takes care of her skin, diminishes wrinkles, does up her hair, andt it probably puts on her makeup too! And it's fashionable to wear!

*ahem*

Ok, I'm done. Got that all out of my system. Really. ...what? :eyebrow:

TheAbominatrix
03-06-2005, 05:24 AM
Sleeping masks are generally flat and soft to allow comfort, so I doubt it was that. And yes, that was her hair it seems.

Yuffie514
03-06-2005, 07:17 AM
it's some kind of visor :) . maybe she used it to hide her face like when she goes out :mad: .

Squall of SeeD
03-06-2005, 07:58 AM

She was also wearing it when she confronted Seifer in Timber, though. Its purpose was just to hide her face, obviously, though I imagine that was more for the player than the characters in the story.

Destai
03-06-2005, 03:41 PM
Oh so its a veil for her costume.

amratis
03-06-2005, 03:43 PM
Because it looks cool damnit. :D Also because it hides her face from view thus keeping up suspense levels and the whole 'air of mystery' thang

Origin
03-06-2005, 04:53 PM
i think she wore the mask to put edea in a coma when she wasnt there. you think she posessed edea 24/7? That'd probably be pretty boring.

Destai
03-06-2005, 10:19 PM
So would be sitting in her high chair inside her population:1 castle

rubah
03-07-2005, 12:36 AM
She goes and plays with her little monsters she has everywhere.

And plots time kompression.

Skyblade
03-07-2005, 09:40 PM
Because it looks cool damnit. :D

I agree. Any villain who doesn't have a cool looking outfit is just pitiful. Case in point: President Deling (he's just a stupid fat git. If he had some dress sense, he might have been a more impressive villain).

seiyuimore
03-07-2005, 10:01 PM
I agree. Any villain who doesn't have a cool looking outfit is just pitiful. Case in point: President Deling (he's just a stupid fat git. If he had some dress sense, he might have been a more impressive villain).

True. Which make Gerogero is a better President Deling though he is only a body double.

Angel Of Apocolypse
03-13-2005, 11:05 AM
I think the mask was just to hide her true identity until the parade, no one exactly KNEW she was the sorceress until then...