PDA

View Full Version : General FFTA

Mittopotahis
03-05-2005, 11:44 PM
Hi i've made this topic for anyone who just wants to know something and other people answer it...It will be everything you need in one thread...I decided this when the Stupid Flans...thread went too off topic (if you want some good info go there) anyway...ummm...i forgot what i was going to start of with but it will come to me!

Mittopotahis
03-05-2005, 11:48 PM
oh yeah i remember now...

i finished a mission and got a new item, but my inventory was full..so i checked for something i had multiple of and the first i came across was the magic medal...so i threw is out...then i immdediatly went to the pub and the first dispatch mission i was looking at needed 2 magic medals....im kinda angry at myself now....is there anyway to get another one?

I would like to thank everyone who is in this thread, helping others! You've done a wonderful job!

EDIT: ok i've got more...
What happens if you use a status altering abiliting (poison stop petrify etc.) when Status is forbidden and healing is forbidden (making status also recommeded? Do you get a card and a JP or do they cancel each other out or what?

EDIT2: I cant seem to find the Helje Key anywhere!!! i've been looking for it for nearly a month! Its annoying me now cause the only mission availiable (thats not dispatch or a free [insert place name here]! or one where you get the blue clan walking around)

Hehehe...Im about to do the Free Baguba Mission...
"Redwings calling themselves the "Magus Sisters have turned up in Baguba. Help us fight this new menace to our people! - Baguba Town Watch...Oh no...Magus Sisters...this cant be good..
For anyone whos not gonna read the spoiler its nothing important...i just put it in spoiler tags because some people may of not wanted to know but thats not likely...

YukiKiro
03-06-2005, 01:12 AM
when there are two laws forbidding something but the recomended of the one is the outlaw of the other, and vice versa, they're both outlawed.

Yuffie514
03-06-2005, 01:35 AM
EDIT2: I cant seem to find the Helje Key anywhere!!! i've been looking for it for nearly a month! Its annoying me now cause the only mission availiable (thats not dispatch or a free [insert place name here]! or one where you get the blue clan walking around

you can take a mission (not dispatched) called "Prison Break" when it shows up at the pub :cool: . it's always located in the Bangaa city, Sprohm. the reward item is a Helje Key :) . i forgot how to unlock it though :mad: . i always thought certain missions come up randomly :D .

Mittopotahis
03-06-2005, 02:52 AM
you can take a mission (not dispatched) called "Prison Break" when it shows up at the pub
oh yeah i know the one....i cant beleive i never looked at that one! ive seen it there about 5 times! thanks!

i always thought certain missions come up randomly .
they're not random now?

when there are two laws forbidding something but the recomended of the one is the outlaw of the other, and vice versa, they're both outlawed.

ummmm....thats confusing...so they cancel each other out?

Del Murder
03-06-2005, 07:46 PM
Having everything in one thread will just be confusing. Better for each question to get its own thread. This thread can be about the questions you had in your second post, though. Please don't double post in the future.

Mittopotahis
03-07-2005, 06:27 AM
sorry

Skyblade
03-07-2005, 10:02 PM
Oh, goody. Time for me to unleash a barrage of FFTA info!

First, the Helje Key. The Prison Break mission is made available approximately the same time as the tourney missions (Battle Tourney, Mage Tourney, Swimming Meet, and the Clan League). It is a battle mission in which you face two templars, and two defenders. Not that hard, but still, don't get cocky. Even after you beat this mission you can play it over and over again, getting tons of Helje Keys if you so desire (I don't see why you'd want that many. You need one to unlock Jagd Helje, and it just boosts the power of fire). Look for it in Sprohm when the month of Kingmoon starts up. This mission plays my favorite music in the game (and is the only mission available at the point I'm at that has that music, so I really enjoy this mission).

Second, mission items in general. You actually made a fairly smart decision to toss away the Magic Medal. True, you don't have enough for the quest (you are working on the quest "Who am I?", right?), but you can get the Magic Medal back. Any quest item that is needed for a quest can be recovered if you get rid of it. Eventually (the process for determining what quests are displayed is complicated, so I won't go into it now, but don't expect it to give you what you want when you want it), a mission to get the Magic Medal will come back up (the time you have to wait is about the same time as you would wait if you took the mission and failed it the first time), and you can regain your lost medal and go on. If, however, you had thrown away, the Sprinkler, for example, you can not recover it, since it is not needed for another mission. So the Magic Medal was a good choice.

Contradicting laws: No such luck. Whatever is forbidden takes precedence. If you use status effects while status is both forbidden and recommended, you will not get a JP, but you will get a card.

Good luck with the Magus Sister's quest. You get a quest item from them that is one of the items needed to get what I consider one of the best quest items in the game: The Insignia! It doubles the AP reward from any mission where you take it with you!

Mittopotahis
03-07-2005, 10:31 PM
Yeah thanks, Ive got the Helje Key and I unlocked Jagd Helje, now i just need to free Mudascet (however you spell it) to have all of the areas freed!

Yeah I am on "Who Am i?"...Youre good at these things hehehe
Thanks!

Skyblade
03-08-2005, 02:10 AM
Free Muscadet! is simple. It's just some Clan Borzoi leftovers. I like the mission Free Bervenia! a lot more. Gukko returns, and only your clan can save the day! Check the rumors once you free all areas. "The Liberators" is the new one that will be there, and it's fun.

Well, the Report option under the clan menu lets me read the info on the missions I have completed. While I can't see what items are required for what missions there, I can usually recall the mission after I read the info on it, if the name doesn't just jump right to mind.

Mittopotahis
03-21-2005, 05:00 AM
Ok, this thread is sort of dead, and I need to ask something so....

When you get Cid, is he on a chocobo?

Skyblade
03-21-2005, 05:03 AM
No. I wish he was. He's so cool on a chocobo. But, alas, it is simply his walking form. :cry:

Mittopotahis
03-21-2005, 05:20 AM
Awwww...thats unfair, he could move nearly anywhere on the whole map and jump about 10 up...kinda like my Ritz..she can jump up 7...it looks really funny..oh well

Skyblade
03-21-2005, 01:33 PM
Well, Cid's set stats are those of a Paladin, so his move (without any boosts) is only 3. Fortunately, you can give him the Nagrarok and/or the Ninja Tabi to let him actually get somewhere. The worst thing about Paladins is their terrible movement (and speed, but you can negate that by leveling up your humans as a different class, then switching to Paladin at level 50). For a melee class their movement is horrid.

Mittopotahis
03-21-2005, 08:29 PM
yes...well thats where the chocobo's come in handy... anyway everyone always has on a pair of those speed boots (i forget what they are called) on in my team, so thats 4...I just need to get rid of 1 person...
What's the Ninja Tabi?

omnitarian
03-21-2005, 10:10 PM
The Ninja Tabi are footwear that increases a unit's movement by 2 (compared to the dash boots +1). You get them by beating the "Shadow Clan" mission, which appears late in the game.

It's a shame you can only get one Ninja Tabi... if Steal: Accessory allowed you steal shoes, you could have as many of them as you want. Oh well. There's always the Sequence and Peytral for sluggish Paladins.

Skyblade
03-22-2005, 01:24 AM
Well, you can get multiples through trading. :D

The Nagrarok is also useful for Paladins. Marche has the Peytral, the Sequence, a Nagrarok, and the Ninja Tabi, for a movement total of 8. ;)

Fireblade13
03-28-2005, 04:16 PM
Another question if you break the law outside of the judges range will he still give you a card? hard to do I know just wanted to see whether sky's up to the challenge of answering!

Skyblade
03-28-2005, 09:11 PM
Yes, he will. His movement only affects where he goes during his turn. He will go all the way across the battlefield to issue a card.

Mittopotahis
04-01-2005, 11:48 PM
That Little Star that appears above the Classes heads with some people, does that mean they have mastered all the abilities possible?

tailz
04-02-2005, 03:44 PM
yes the star means that you masterd the job (all abilities and combo)