PDA

View Full Version : What is Yorda saying??

FallenAngel411
03-06-2005, 04:05 AM
Love ICO to death....but does anyone have any idea as to what Yorda might be saying??? I heard that in the Japanese version of the game, if you beat it three times the gibberish subtitles that appear whenever Yorda speaks actually get translated, and you can read what she's really saying. Anybody know if that's true or not?

I have a theory about one thing she says.....when she collapses, just after opening the main gate, and Ico kneels next to her, she says something (before the shot of the bridge extending and everything) ..............and if you listen closely.....REALLY CLOSELY....I swear to God it sounds like she says, "Oh no, this sucks." I laughed so hard when I heard that the first time..there's just something hilarious about Yorda saying that.

Yes, I am psychotic :D

Also, there is a courtyard at one point during the game (the waterfall puzzle) where if you hit a tree with your sword, a ball drops out of it. You can pick it up and carry it around. It seems pretty random, and I was wondering if anyone else has found this and knows what it is. I heard something about alternate secret weapons that you can find for Ico (lightsaber and mace), and I was thinking that the ball might be part of the mace or something. I dunno. Maybe the weapons are also just in the Japanese version. Damn <Japanese people> get all the cool stuff!!! :mad2:

O yeah....and just heard about the sequel too....called "Wanda and the Collosus". I heard they're wondering whether or not to bring it to the US, since ICO didn't sell very well when it was released. So all us fans have to rally and make sure they bring it over here! I shall die if I don't get to play it!!! THE <JAPANESE PEOPLE> GET EVERYTHING!!!!!

Sigh...must visit Tokyo someday.

Edit by Kishi: Kindly don't use racial slurs.

Sepho
03-06-2005, 03:22 PM
I do believe that the option to have Yorda's dialogue translated opens up after playing through the game once. The same feature was planned for the English release, but, I don't know, it didn't happen. They probably ran out of time.

Also, there is a courtyard at one point during the game (the waterfall puzzle) where if you hit a tree with your sword, a ball drops out of it. You can pick it up and carry it around. It seems pretty random, and I was wondering if anyone else has found this and knows what it is. I heard something about alternate secret weapons that you can find for Ico (lightsaber and mace), and I was thinking that the ball might be part of the mace or something.

Yeah, you're pretty much right. You have to do something with the ball to get a secret weapon - check out GameFaqs for a walkthrough.

O yeah....and just heard about the sequel too....called "Wanda and the Collosus". I heard they're wondering whether or not to bring it to the US, since ICO didn't sell very well when it was released. So all us fans have to rally and make sure they bring it over here! I shall die if I don't get to play it!!!

It's not a sequel, but I'm still really looking forward to it, and I hope it sees an English release.

Kawaii Ryűkishi
03-07-2005, 08:06 AM
The mace is in the American version and the lightsaber is in the Japanese and European versions. The subtitles option is really useless, though; it's not like they say anything deep or anything you couldn't already guess they were saying given their circumstances.

RSL
03-07-2005, 12:47 PM
I've always meant to pick up and play this game, yet I still haven't.

Del Murder
03-08-2005, 03:10 AM
Aw, I was hoping the title was a typo of 'Yoda'.