PDA

View Full Version : I wanna fight Ozma!!!

Azotar
03-06-2005, 07:28 AM
When the heck do i fight Ozma? I've got and found all the treasures except Ocean (but i got it, i just havent found it, if u can tell me were to find it , please tell me). I went to the sky garden and found all the treasures. And mene told me to find new locations with dead pepers. So what now?

Del Murder
03-06-2005, 07:45 AM
Ozma is in the Sky Garden, at the northern part of it. The Moogle will say something like 'this place is scary' when you approach it.

Azotar
03-06-2005, 07:49 AM
What sky garden? I already went to the sky garden

Del Murder
03-06-2005, 08:14 AM
That one. He's there, trust me. Wander freely without actually doing the chocobo hot/cold game.

Azotar
03-06-2005, 12:50 PM
What do u mean? I went there the first time and Mene said what a strange place , a island floating on clouds ect... and Zidane tells him "You are a strange one Mene". and then ? I play Hot or cold. But nothing happened

Post #2: ohh ok

Post #3: Hey i found it. But damn he/she is really strong. It wiped me in less than a min
Ofcourse i didnt prepare myself

Loony BoB
03-06-2005, 01:15 PM
Please don't post more than one reply in a row. :) You can add stuff to your earlier post by clicking the 'edit/delete' button found at the bottom right of each of your posts. Just click that and add in what you want. Thanks! :D Have a nice day.

Azotar
03-06-2005, 01:20 PM
ohh sorry, i thought that i was allowed since there wasnt exp gainning system.

I Don't Need A Name
03-06-2005, 02:35 PM
yea ozma is VERY hard!! i had beaten Necron in a couple of minutes so i thought "oh ozma wont be too hard".......as soon as i got into the battle he used meteor and wiped me out!

Azotar
03-06-2005, 02:35 PM
Who is Necron and were do i find it?

I Don't Need A Name
03-06-2005, 02:36 PM
he's the final boss

Azotar
03-06-2005, 02:37 PM
yea but were do i find it?

I Don't Need A Name
03-06-2005, 05:02 PM
after you defeat Trance Kuja,in Memoria, and he destroys the world you get sent to a place where you have to beat him.

Knights of Odin
03-06-2005, 05:15 PM
To fight Ozma (with physical attacks) you must find and give all of the friendly monsters what they want

Ultima Shadow
03-06-2005, 06:24 PM
To fight Ozma (with physical attacks) you must find and give all of the friendly monsters what they want
But that's really not necessary since magic and special skills are alot more powerfull.

Ironman0723
03-06-2005, 07:07 PM
its so rewarding once you beat Ozma, the same feeling you get when you beat Emerald Weapon.

Ultimate99997
03-06-2005, 07:28 PM
quote by Ultima Shadow:

But that's really not necessary since magic and special skills are alot more powerfull.
Very true, although do special attacks such as Theivery count as physical attacks which can't hit? I never really tried to beat him before so didn't experiment. But alas - I will defeat him with my level 1 party playthrough this time round.

Azotar
03-09-2005, 07:15 PM
correction

Physical attacks are more powerful than magic

Ultima Shadow
03-09-2005, 07:38 PM
Very true, although do special attacks such as Theivery count as physical attacks which can't hit? I never really tried to beat him before so didn't experiment. But alas - I will defeat him with my level 1 party playthrough this time round.
Nope. Only the normal "attack" command counts. All other attacks can hit Ozma. :cool:

correction

Physical attacks are more powerful than magic
Frogdrop= Magic. Powered up Frog Drop> Zidane with the Ultima Weapon sword. Also... the attack Doomsday is extremely powerfull if your characters have shadow absorbing equipment. Double cast Flare and Holy is capable of doing as much as a tottal of 19,998 dammage. there's alot of special skills that can do 9999 dammage at low levels, while phsycical attacks require a Steiner with Ragnarok in trance or a Zidane with Ultima Weapon at high levels that gets a critical hit to do that much dammage to anything you'll encounter. Also, phsycical attacks MAY miss.

Azotar
03-09-2005, 07:46 PM
Sorry .... Were do u fiind Ultima Weapon?

ScottNUMBERS
03-09-2005, 07:55 PM
er..you can double cast on FFIX?? :confused: ...and theres me thinking i have every ability :rolleyes2 ...so how do you get it then?

Azotar
03-09-2005, 08:08 PM
U can?? no i dont think he meant double cast ability.
I think he meant Vivi's trance

ScottNUMBERS
03-09-2005, 08:09 PM
oh yea i feel stupid now :rolleyes2

To find ultima weapon you have to go to place where the shimmering island was on your golden chocobo :cool: (make sure you have quite a few dead peppers handy) open up the map up and where shimmering island is on the map there is a dot, make sure you are pin-pointed on the dot then use a dead pepper, if this doesnt work move a little bit (still remaining on the dot) and use an other dead pepper keep trying until a chest apears from the water. This may take a while but it worth it in the end :cool: hope this helps

Crossblades
03-09-2005, 11:31 PM
In order to beat Ozma, use characters that can do 9999 points of damage

Steiner - Shock
Freya - Dragon's Crest
Amarant - Power Throw and strongest disk
Zidane - Thievery(power it up by stealing a lot)

Follow my advice and you'll beat Ozma in 2 or 3 turns. I guarantee it

Craig
03-10-2005, 12:40 AM
It took me 3 attempts to beat Ozma, as on the third attempt it neglected to use it's little status ailment attack.

Halan
03-10-2005, 03:50 AM
In order to beat Ozma, use characters that can do 9999 points of damage
Follow my advice and you'll beat Ozma in 2 or 3 turns. I guarantee it

First, Ozma has 55,000+ HP. Second, just because you can hit that hard doesn't mean that you are actually going to get more than 1-2 hits in before your stats go out of control or you get your butt fried.

I'm sorry, but that advice is only good if Ozma is taking a nap, which isn't a possiblity.

qwerto
03-10-2005, 12:08 PM
Lets take a little look at what you are fighting....

-----------------
Name: Ozma
HP: 55,535
MP: 9,999
LV: 99
Weaknesses: Wind, Holy
Items obtained with steal command: Elixir, Robe of lords, Dark matter, Pumice piece.
Learned by Quina using eat command: -
Items dropped after battle: Pumice, Dark matter
Card dropped after battle: Ozma

After defeaten things gained:
EXP: 65,535
AP: 100
GIL: 18,312

Remarks: This is your strongest opponent during the entire adventure.
-----------------

If Ozma beat you in less then 1 minute you better train up bad...

Rumor that I have heard: Before fighting Ozma equip Steiner and Freya with everything Mythril.

e.g:

Steiner
Weapon: Mythril sword
Helmet: Mythril helm
Gauntlets: Mythril gloves
Armour: Mythril armour
etc.

Try to equip everyone with mythril things.
This somehow gives you a Huge advantage over Ozma.
Its a Rumour so it might not work.

Also:
visit www.playonline.com and type E-OZTACT as a password.
It should give you tactics of how to defeat it.

edit: playonline doesn't hold ff9 info anymore... :(

Crossblades
03-10-2005, 03:57 PM
First, Ozma has 55,000+ HP. Second, just because you can hit that hard doesn't mean that you are actually going to get more than 1-2 hits in before your stats go out of control or you get your butt fried.

I'm sorry, but that advice is only good if Ozma is taking a nap, which isn't a possiblity.

If it worked for me, it could work for anybody

Halan
03-11-2005, 05:13 AM
If it worked for me, it could work for anybody

Ah, but you forgot the randomness of the game. Your game is not the same as everyone else's game, nor is it the same the 2nd time you play it. I've gone in against Ozma before and not been able to get a single hit in due to being hit with his status ailment bit every other turn.

One strategy doesn't work for every situation, since there are a vast number of variables in these games.

qwerto
03-11-2005, 11:19 AM
YAYYY, I found it....

http://www.square-enix-europe.com/ff9/

enter and click on top secrets and type E-OZTACT as the password!
Its pretty helpful...

SoftReset
03-11-2005, 01:53 PM
- Steiner - Use "Shock" or simply attack but with strengthened powers using support ablities. "Magic Break" is useful to weaken the power of Ozma's Meteor and Curaga, but the accuracy is not very good.

Steiner is one of the worst characters to bring against Ozma. If he gets Mini'd his Shock attack will do next to nothing, same with his physical attacks.

My fave party for that fight is Quina, Freya, Zidane, and Eiko, the party I used against him at Lv.1

qwerto
03-11-2005, 01:58 PM
Steiner is one of the worst characters to bring against Ozma. If he gets Mini'd his Shock attack will do next to nothing, same with his physical attacks.

My fave party for that fight is Quina, Freya, Zidane, and Eiko, the party I used against him at Lv.1

Couldn't you cure the mini with a remedy or something?
And did you manage to beat him at lv.1 because if you did you must be the best final fantasy player ever...

Itachi
03-11-2005, 05:06 PM
just equip anything that protects u against shadow attacks, make sure all ur characters are over lv.65 and putting eiko in the party is a good idea so good luck.oh and aboot that ocean treasure thing, just do what i do: walk around every single square inch and just keep digging reapetedly, iknow itll take a wighl but just be patient. :cool:

SoftReset
03-12-2005, 02:32 AM
And did you manage to beat him at lv.1 because if you did you must be the best final fantasy player ever...

It's possible, it's been done by many people, there are FAQs about it, if you have any questions ask away, blah blah blah. And yes, I am a very good Final Fantasy player.

Anyway, as far as Ozma goes I don't like healing, at all. It's a waste of time. Unless you're only fighting him for the AP, Exp, or for stealing there's no point in trying to keep everyone alive and in good status.

Ultima Shadow
03-12-2005, 10:30 PM
It's really not that hard. I've done it myself as well. The way to Ozma is much harder than Ozma itself. I actually defeated Ozma on my 3th or 4th try with a level1 party and 1 of the times, I got hit by the Meteor-Curse combo.
The whole level1 Ozma challange was MUCH easier than Ruby Weapon without materia and no-leveling FF6 challange.

Fighting Ozma with a normal party and a level 1 party makes less difference than you may think at first. You're still able to survive most of Ozmas attacks, Ozma doesn't follow the ATB rules so the speed doesn't make too much difference and you're still able to do 9999 dammage in 1 hit. :cool: