PDA

View Full Version : The Temple Of The Ancients *Help*

Yuna1983
03-06-2005, 04:08 PM
I was wondering if someone can help me.. give me tips or something on how to beat that thing that comes out of the wall... demon gate.. I tried so many times. Thanks!

Luthien Rogue
03-06-2005, 04:20 PM
Yeah, you REALLY need to level up before going to the Temple of the Ancients, otherwise you're screwed. :D I had the same problem the first time I played. Demon's Gate is a pain in the butt. :( Hopefully this will help:

His HP is 10,000. Guides suggest using Big Guard to protect the team. Have Vinny or Barret with you, or use Long Range Materia. His attacks are strong so you want to stay in the back row, while using powerful, long range attacks. Try to go into battle with everyone's Limit Break Gauges full. Use physical attacks and Limit Breaks most. If you do use magic, then use Summons: Bahamut and Odin work best. If you HAVE to use spells, then just make sure you don't use Gravity or Poision, 'cause he is immune. Make sure you have a good healer on the team, and have them heal anyone whose health goes below 600 HP. When it gets to 600, if Demon's Gate targets one character, they'll likey die.

gismo
03-06-2005, 05:03 PM
u need ot be like lv 23+ to beat him, an u can still level up in the temple but the monsters in there a lot harder 2 beat

Yuna1983
03-06-2005, 11:28 PM
thank you both :)
i will try that..

oh yeah.. my characters right now are in their 30 something levels...

gismo
03-07-2005, 02:29 PM
well in tht case just use aeris to heal the group every turn, even if they ant got much damage as they will do in one attack from him most of the time of an try an have sum1 have emeny skill an learn trine (i thinks it himwho has it) as its an ace thing to learn

redxiiii
03-07-2005, 03:30 PM
well in tht case just use aeris to heal the group every turn, even if they ant got much damage as they will do in one attack from him most of the time of an try an have sum1 have emeny skill an learn trine (i thinks it himwho has it) as its an ace thing to learn

Actually Gismo it`s the materia keeper who has trine

Rednikcam
03-07-2005, 05:00 PM
Ifound that normal magic attakcs like Fire, Ice, Earth etc didn't work at all. I found that using as many summons worked best.

My tatics were to use the barrier as much as I could for all of the team, plus haste. Then just hit it over and over again with summons, limit breaks and normal attacks.

In fact it wasn't that hard...

CloudStrife48
03-07-2005, 09:19 PM
you should have bahamut, cast him... have all your limit breaks set before you enter the boss battle... then Odin, Titan, Shiva, Ifrit, Rumah, etc... then use your limits (I had omnislash on the first CD) but use meteorain if you have it. I use Aeris for this battle simply because I make sure to have her Great Gospel Limit Break (Level 4 Limit) and cast it when you need it. If you don't ever use Aeris or you dont have her final limit I suggest you use Vincent/Barret and just beat him out as fast as possible and use a 3rd character ONLY to heal. You should have level 2 magic by now so use magic alot. Cloud should be your physical attacker though, heal all the time. Cast Cure with Aeris/healer person (since she should have lots of MP)... have ethers to heal

tinkerbelle
03-11-2005, 07:31 PM
well i just use cait sith's death ( the slot thingy's)
they look like rabbits to me :confused:
anyway, just try that, get them all, voila :D

Del Murder
03-13-2005, 06:17 AM
I always have Great Gospel by then.

Yuna1983
03-16-2005, 04:27 AM
OMG! I finally beat Demon Gate!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

thank you all for the help!

Lenna
04-04-2005, 11:23 AM
Hah!! The funniest thing ever happened to me when I first played the demon gate. haha gawd it was a NIGHTMARE. For weeks I was sat trying to defeat it. Then I level up, and go back I FINALLY defeat it and suddenly THERES A POWER CUT!!! Talk about gutted or what!!!! But thank goodness. I managed to defeat it again straight after. I was literally cursing at the TV lmfao.