PDA

View Full Version : Sonic Mega Collection

Xander
03-07-2005, 04:39 PM
I was wondering who owns the Sonic Mega Collection, and also which console you have it for. I know the PS2 version is Plus and has some extra stuff, but I'm not too bothered about that, I mostly just want the main games. I know you can also save on the PS2 version, but hey. I just ordered the Player's Choice gamecube version because it was only 15 pounds online. And cos I like using my gamecube, I only just got it. ^^

But I was also just wondering things like which controller feels better to use it with, or the differences you know about or have noticed between PS2 and Gamecube versions. Or just how you like the version you have. =) Thanks.

Rainecloud
03-07-2005, 05:12 PM
I used to own the Gamecube version, and I loved it. Having said that, the controls were always a problem for me. The analog stick is quite useless for the games, and the D-Pad on the Gamecube is notoriously difficult to use, as you probably already know. However, it is possible to get used to the D-Pad in time, and once you do, you'll have no problem playing the games. You might just have an aching thumb, that's all.

There isn't much to say about the different versions of the games. All of them are perfectly emulated from the originals - bugs/slowdown included. I'm not sure whether that's a good thing or a bad thing, but I guess that's for you to find out.

Erdrick Holmes
03-07-2005, 05:36 PM
When does the US get it? I never knew when it was supposed to arrive.

Dreddz
03-07-2005, 05:59 PM
Got most of those games on my megadrive so im not to bothered to get it.But if you dont have the original games then I recommend it alot.Unless they have changed the games

Shoden
03-07-2005, 06:03 PM
same here im happy with the Megadrive games

Flamethrower
03-07-2005, 09:58 PM
I have the PS2 version. It's worth getting for Sonic 1, Sonic 2, Sonic 3, and Sonic & Knuckles. All the other games on it kinda suck.

Xander
03-08-2005, 01:41 AM
I have all the megadrive versions anyway, except Dr Robotnik's mean bean thingy game.. But I just want to play them on another console *shrug* I don't have my megadrive set up much. Plus I'm a big sonic fan so I just want it for my collection, and to see all the manuals, etc. I don't know when the US get it Joel..I assumed you had most things first.xD

Havoc
03-12-2005, 05:52 PM
I have the ps2 version, and I hate the fact that it isn't full-screen and lacks Sonic CD. Se-ga, Se-sucks!!

Dr.K
03-12-2005, 06:10 PM
My friend has it on their gamecube, but I think it doesn't really feel right if it's not played with a mega-drive controller. Was a bit disappointed with the lack of Sonic 3D on the cd though, I know that had some negative reviews but I thought it was pretty darn enjoyable, albeit not a patch on Sonic 2 or S&K.

Xander
03-13-2005, 02:40 AM
Raine was right about the aching thumb thing. >_<

Dr.K, Sonic 3D was the Flickie's Island one wasn't it? That was on there. None of them beat Sonic 2. Chemical Plant Zone especially <3 The Dr Robotnik's mean bean machine game is pretty fun.