PDA

View Full Version : Do you think there should be a sequel?

The Sixth Dragon
03-07-2005, 09:32 PM
Could there be a follow on or would it ruin it maybeif Zidanes children were involved or Kuja comes back and helps Zidane on another adventure. :confused:

Getaway
03-07-2005, 09:43 PM
iF they made a new one it would be hard to know actually would happen . Maybe if they use Kuja like dragon said and Zidane is reunited with him. :mad:

=SA= GRIMREAPER
03-08-2005, 12:22 AM
I dont think there will ever be a sequel to this game. I really like this game. It is my favorite game of all time. But i just dont think its popular enough. I was surprised when i noticed there was going to be a sequel to FF7. But I think the only reason that FF7 will have a sequel is because its the most popular Final Fantasy.

udsuna
03-08-2005, 07:32 AM
Umm... why would we need Zidane's children to be involved. Zidane, like the others of his species (except Kuja) is capable of living forever. When Kuja found out he didn't possess the immortal nature, he went loco and tried to destroy all.

So, Zidane, like the others, will live forever. Garnet won't. That's gonna suck for the poor guy as she grows old and he never will. He'll probably end up cheating on her with that weird genome girl. Big fight, divorce, Buhamet called down on his ass, exile, war... you know what... that could be a fun sequal...

m4tt
03-08-2005, 03:11 PM
The game ended just fine. You don't need more.

Kawaii Ryűkishi
03-08-2005, 03:34 PM
I kinda want more, though.

Crossblades
03-08-2005, 04:12 PM
No, they'd screw it up

Yuffie514
03-08-2005, 04:40 PM
a sequel would be nice :) , but this game has a satisfying ending :cool: . i wouldn't want to go any further than than that :p .

BudSoda02
03-08-2005, 05:53 PM
I've started a story of my own. I have the thread up now. You can go look. The first part is a little rough though...
Thanks- BudSoda02 BudSoda02@yahoo.com

Ezme
03-08-2005, 07:05 PM
Beatrix's story! That would be cool. Mabey how she became so feared and how here knights are so much better than the knights of pluto. OR mabey a story of her and steiner and they're romance after zidane came back at the end, how cool would that be....no...just me......ok :cry:

Chris
03-08-2005, 07:46 PM
I would love to see a sequal... About Quina.

But that'll never happen,

:(

The Sixth Dragon
03-09-2005, 08:50 PM
I know it probaly will never happen. But it would be good to find out what happens to the characters. :confused: Plus the story could be focused on a different character

DJZen
03-09-2005, 08:57 PM
This game having a sequel would probably be fine. Necron IS eternal, after all. It doesn't exactly have a cliffhanger ending like FFVII, but you could easily do more with those characters. Plus, it'd be interesting to see who returned as a playable character. Having more time to play as Beatrix would be fun, and maybe even Lani would join up.

Ahh, who am I kidding? It'll never happen... And if it does they'll just mess it up....

The Sixth Dragon
03-09-2005, 09:04 PM
I suppose it would mess things up it went into characters who were not that close to the first one

Itachi
03-10-2005, 10:18 AM
i dont think square-enix is gonna make a sequel but i think there should be, if that ever happens then it's either gonna be aboot zidane being the bad guy and dagger get emotionally involved and blah blah blah, or it's all aboot necron. :shifty:

Alice
03-11-2005, 08:23 AM
rumors have it that they were recreating ff9 into a deluxe game for ps2 .. though i think that was JUST a rumor, the rumor had it that the story expanded more into the life of KUJA and that there was an alternate ending... I was hyped about it but eh... I think they might not do that now...

a sequel would actually be really cool.. but it really defeats the FINAL fantasy part... and i think this game really held onto the final thing.

Beatrix's story! That would be cool. Mabey how she became so feared and how here knights are so much better than the knights of pluto. OR mabey a story of her and steiner and they're romance after zidane came back at the end, how cool would that be....no...just me......ok Great Idea if you ask me.. maybe like something happens and shes sent to look for some crystal for a summon for dagger and blah di blah she comes across someone trying to revive the powers of the summoners/eidolons. And yah.. i could go on with ideas:P

Craig
03-11-2005, 03:52 PM
Basically, when it comes to making a sequel you NEED to have a very good storyline otherwise it's gonna stink. I really don't see what Squenix could do to make a storyline good enough to promote a sequel for IX. Also, with gameplay there's never much need for sequels. If the magic system, battle system etc were all groundbreaking enough that Squenix wanted to use them again, they could easily put it into another game.

Ezme
03-11-2005, 06:25 PM
Wow! Someone likes my idea! I feel so loved.......

Old Manus
03-11-2005, 06:39 PM
No way. Square should have learned their lesson with FFX-2.

Alice
03-11-2005, 06:55 PM

OMG FFX2 rocked! I loved it, the fighting system was amazing and blah.. dont diss on it. :P And actually ffx2 made squaresoft quite a bit of money soo.. if there was a lesson to learn is that it was a good idea!

Itsunari 2000
03-11-2005, 07:46 PM
I don't think there's anything left to go on for a second FFIX after the sheer awesomeness of the original. Making a sequel would really just be wasting it.

Ultimate99997
03-11-2005, 09:10 PM
I don't think that there should be a sequel for many of the various opinions already mentioned above. I also think that the idea of making sequels to final fantasy games and then making the excuse that this happens to give the story of another is something that should never be repeated again. 'Tidus' story' was good but then adding 'Yuna's story' was verging on the border of storyline desperation.
What will it be next - 'quina's story', 'steiner's story' perhaps even 'ozma's story'
We should leave each final fantasy world behind and look forward to the next without clinging on to the past games forever.

Quina
03-13-2005, 07:10 PM
I would love to see a sequal... About Quina.

But that'll never happen,

:(
Yes! Maybe show Quina's quest to be the best cook in all of Gaia!

Hinky the Pickle
03-14-2005, 10:21 PM
I really don't think the end was open-ended enough for a sequel unlike FF7's and FF10's and like many have said they would probably just ruin a classic. FF9 is my favourite FF of all time and not even I want a sequel to it.

Cybele
03-14-2005, 10:49 PM
I love FFIX, but I doubt that there will be a sequel. If they do make a sequel, it should be about exploring more into Zidane being a genome. Like perhaps infinite life? Kuja thought that his life was infinite, but once Zidane got stronger, he was to die. Well, there is no one to take the place of Zidane other than possibly Mikoto, but that was never told much about in the game and they never said Zidane would die once Mikoto got strong enough. Wouldn't he just live forever and out live all of his friends? I think that'd make for one interesting sequel.

SnoopyG
03-15-2005, 05:18 AM
how bout Quina's cooking game

Resha
03-15-2005, 02:27 PM
Not really, happily ever after is where it ends for me. :) But heck, if they made a damn good one then yeah, it;d be great.

The Sixth Dragon
03-15-2005, 09:28 PM
It could ruin the whole thing a sequel like ffx-2 which i was dissapointed about. It does have good graphics though. But ff9 could be carried on with aeon like system were you control them. Moving on maybe if they put all the good things out of all the final fantasy games together it could be stunning.
1.eidlons controlled
2.a theme park like in ff7
3. airship systems to loads of countries
4. a good story like ff9
5. Overdrives
6. online :confused:

Getaway
03-15-2005, 09:50 PM
FFX-2 is the result after a sequel :cry: terrible
I like your idea but i have got to add something to this Dream World.
Weapons....crosswords, gunblades, staffs, every decent weapon designed on final fantasy. I suppose this going off track talking about designing an ultimate dream world....
I agree with alot of people that a sequel could kill ff9 or relive ff9. But just think if you could do another story again not nowing what was around the corner. :D

J.D
03-16-2005, 03:08 AM
IMO They Made X 2 Thinkin Moire Bout Money And Stuff
Dirige Of Cerberus Seems A Nice Sequel For FF VII By Now
But The Problem Is That FF IX If You Ask Me Is Fine JUST The Way It Is
I Wouldnt Like To Havge Another FF X-2 Like Problem

^_^

boris no no
03-16-2005, 12:01 PM
i'd be a really nice idea to make a sequal but i don't think it'd work.
maybe a different type of game would be good, like what they're doing with FFVII and ceberus thingy.
maybe, as quina said, a cooking game with quina! or a mog game! :love: :love: :love:
X-2 wasn't very good as a playing game, i got bored quickly because there wern't enough characters to get emotionally attached to.
i would love to see zidane and garnet have kids. is it possible? :p
FFIX was perfect the way it is!
a remastered one would be interesting but i will always stick to the original! :love: :love:

DarkLadyNyara
04-18-2005, 07:11 PM
I wouldn't mind a sequel.

Destai
04-18-2005, 07:46 PM
I hate these talk of sequels. When everything ends perfectly theres never a need for a sequel. You can happily assume Zidane and Dagger went on to make plenty of spirited monkey tailed, rhino horned babies, vivi continued to produce carbon copies of himself even after he died if hes not already dead. Steiner and Beatrix protected the queen and each other. Freya and Fratley got cozy rebuilding there home town. Eiko had a happy family, Amarant shrugged off with Lani not far behind and Quina....

TurkSlayer
04-18-2005, 11:08 PM
Sure, it would be cool to see a sequel. It would be incredibely hard to make and could possibly suck, but it would cool to see. Of course, Vivi fans would be very upset because if Vivi wasn't dead by the end of the game (And I personally believe he was) he definately would be by the time a sequel came out. Of course, you could always play one of his copies. Playable characters I would like to see would be like Zidane or one of his children, Quina, Marcus, Beatrix, Kuja, and Mikoto.

*~Nirvana~*
04-20-2005, 12:24 AM
No. I really dont think its gonna be a good idea for square to make a sequel for FF9. Its guaranteed to be an even bigger flop than FFX-2(although i thought FFX-2 was an awesome game, it wasnt really up to standard). FF9 concluded with a satisfactory ending - it didnt leave you hanging in mid air and theres definitely no need to mess around with the story again. Besides, even if there was a FFIX-2, i doubt many people would buy it - i wouldnt.

Black Waltz #3
04-22-2005, 04:20 AM
I'm suprised I'm the first one to come up with this wonderfull idea of mine.

Instead of a sequel, make it a prequel! Instead you take on the role of a young Kuja where you gain various magics as you atempt to destroy Gaia. Then about half way through the game you find out about Zidane, and what Zidane's real Genome name is. You have to do a daring kidnapp attempt to take Zidane away. Then later you get to steal the Hilda Garde 1 from Hilda. Then in place of the chocobo's you get Kuja's silver dragon.

Through this story, you will be able to better understand the history of the events that shaped 9. Then like for the ending it shows Kuja walking through Alexandria Castle just a day before the events of FF9, while the ending credits roll. You'd be able to find out more about how the Black Mages were made. More on Zorn and Thorn. And last but not least more of the subtle treacheries that slowly formed the foundation of 9.

Oh brain storm! Garnet's father died because Kuja poisens him or something! That would be interesting... Kuja kills King to get at Queen to get at Princess. Oh well...

Now for party members there could be Zorn and Thorn. Just because they were modderatly interesting and I would like to know more about them. Then maybe have Garland as a temporary ally early on kind of like Cinna, since you only got to play as him at the very start.

So what do you all think?

Drift
04-22-2005, 07:44 AM
no sequal!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Old Manus
04-22-2005, 04:04 PM

Delta
04-22-2005, 05:26 PM
I think they shoud make another game,it would be so awsome{ff ix RULES along with viii!}

DMKA
04-22-2005, 08:28 PM
I would of rather them make a sequel to this and left FFX alone personally.

Yugo
04-23-2005, 09:37 PM
It wouldn't be very interesting. It would probably be another FFX-2 (With less girly action). It's really tough to make sequals to Final Fantasies. I say just leave it alone. It had a kick-ass ending and that is all that matters!

Buccura
04-25-2005, 02:52 AM
Funny cause a while ago I made this out of boredom...

I can dream cant I? (http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v226/WrathChild/FFIX-2.jpg)

strawberryman
04-25-2005, 06:41 AM
I would of rather them make a sequel to this and left FFX alone personally.
How true.

nik0tine
04-25-2005, 07:33 AM
This is a good idea if you want to ruin a great game.

Darth Cid
04-27-2005, 08:35 PM
Garnet: The best idea for a sequel is to just go on fan fics and let the fans create their own ideas for sequels to ff9.

ShuyinRules
05-02-2005, 01:39 AM
I'm suprised I'm the first one to come up with this wonderfull idea of mine.

Instead of a sequel, make it a prequel! Instead you take on the role of a young Kuja where you gain various magics as you atempt to destroy Gaia. Then about half way through the game you find out about Zidane, and what Zidane's real Genome name is. You have to do a daring kidnapp attempt to take Zidane away. Then later you get to steal the Hilda Garde 1 from Hilda. Then in place of the chocobo's you get Kuja's silver dragon.

Through this story, you will be able to better understand the history of the events that shaped 9. Then like for the ending it shows Kuja walking through Alexandria Castle just a day before the events of FF9, while the ending credits roll. You'd be able to find out more about how the Black Mages were made. More on Zorn and Thorn. And last but not least more of the subtle treacheries that slowly formed the foundation of 9.

Oh brain storm! Garnet's father died because Kuja poisens him or something! That would be interesting... Kuja kills King to get at Queen to get at Princess. Oh well...

Now for party members there could be Zorn and Thorn. Just because they were modderatly interesting and I would like to know more about them. Then maybe have Garland as a temporary ally early on kind of like Cinna, since you only got to play as him at the very start.

So what do you all think?

That could be quite cool!

Exept having Kuja as the main character would probably gross me out just a big bit. :barf:

Mercen-X
05-02-2005, 07:27 AM

OMG FFX2 rocked! I loved it, the fighting system was amazing and blah.. dont diss on it. :P And actually ffx2 made squaresoft quite a bit of money soo.. if there was a lesson to learn is that it was a good idea!
I wished they'd've used the FFX-2 fighting system in FF7.

Exept having Kuja as the main character would probably gross me out just a big bit. :barf:
Maybe it can be before he finds out he's not immortal. Maybe before he goes insane, he won't come off as such a huge transvestite.

ruby_91
05-02-2005, 02:23 PM
nah, i don't think there could be a sequel to this game....ffix is a kind of game where the end is the end, and that's that. i mean, what would the sequel's story be?

Old Manus
05-02-2005, 02:41 PM
The chances of a sequel to this game, good or not, are nil. It's too old, everything would have to be in text, and FF9, well, let's just say it wasn't the most popular in the series.

BlackMagicShrine
05-05-2005, 07:06 AM
I think there should be a sequel to Final Fantasy 9. They would have to come up with a good plot, different, but good. And I think that they should add in a few new characters if they were going to make a sequel. I thought that X-2 was ok. I see your point though. It could screw up Final Fantasy 9. I still think that there should be with all of the new improved graphics. That would be tight.

kawaiileena
05-05-2005, 04:19 PM
FF9 is fine just the way it is. I like it that way and it doesn't need a sequel. All is in peace now, Garland's gone, Kuja's gone, evil's gone! What could get wrong? Besides, I agree to some point of people it would ruin it. It's fine just the way it is! :D :D

But... it's okay if it has a sequel, depending on the situation, but I doubt it. It's not much popular like FFVII that already has a movie and a few sequels. So yeah...

So IF it does have a sequel with a seemingly good story, great and improved graphics like BlackMagicShrine said, since I totally agree with him, a twisted plot, that would be cool. :D :D

DMKA
05-06-2005, 05:47 PM
Having more time to play as Beatrix would be fun, and maybe even Lani would join up.
No, it'd be Garnet, Eiko, Freyia, and Beatrix, and they'd be your only characters for the entire game. ZOMFG!

Kuja-Omnix
05-08-2005, 11:01 PM
I highly doubt their will be, but fingers crossed their will be, cos i reeli do luv this game :)

vixen black
05-18-2005, 07:05 PM
Umm... why would we need Zidane's children to be involved. Zidane, like the others of his species (except Kuja) is capable of living forever. When Kuja found out he didn't possess the immortal nature, he went loco and tried to destroy all.

So, Zidane, like the others, will live forever. Garnet won't. That's gonna suck for the poor guy as she grows old and he never will. He'll probably end up cheating on her with that weird genome girl. Big fight, divorce, Buhamet called down on his ass, exile, war... you know what... that could be a fun sequal...

that weird genome girl is mikato and she is zidanes sister :barf: pluss no one ever said zidane was imortal :moogle: :frust:

rumors have it that they were recreating ff9 into a deluxe game for ps2 .. though i think that was JUST a rumor, the rumor had it that the story expanded more into the life of KUJA and that there was an alternate ending... I was hyped about it but eh... I think they might not do that now...

a sequel would actually be really cool.. but it really defeats the FINAL fantasy part... and i think this game really held onto the final thing.

Beatrix's story! That would be cool. Mabey how she became so feared and how here knights are so much better than the knights of pluto. OR mabey a story of her and steiner and they're romance after zidane came back at the end, how cool would that be....no...just me......ok Great Idea if you ask me.. maybe like something happens and shes sent to look for some crystal for a summon for dagger and blah di blah she comes across someone trying to revive the powers of the summoners/eidolons. And yah.. i could go on with ideas:P

there is soposed to be an alternate ending on ps1 version my friend sadie did it. your soposed to have the "hammer" from the stezelo lady for getting all thirteen stezalo

yes beatrix would be cool

EDIT: Please use the edit button instead of double posting. -Murder

Alexander
05-18-2005, 07:18 PM
FFIX Sequel? Oh god, no!

It would be something like... Zidane and Garnet love each other, but Zidane does not age and Garnet does, so she dies, Zidane gets crazy and becomes Ultimecia and possesses Edea and.... Whoops, I got excited =3

vixen black
05-18-2005, 07:31 PM
FF9 is fine just the way it is. I like it that way and it doesn't need a sequel. All is in peace now, Garland's gone, Kuja's gone, evil's gone! What could get wrong? Besides, I agree to some point of people it would ruin it. It's fine just the way it is! :D :D

But... it's okay if it has a sequel, depending on the situation, but I doubt it. It's not much popular like FFVII that already has a movie and a few sequels. So yeah...

So IF it does have a sequel with a seemingly good story, great and improved graphics like BlackMagicShrine said, since I totally agree with him, a twisted plot, that would be cool. :D :D

uhhhhh.....heeelllooooo!
even if kuja and that are gone there will still be evil

like kngdom hearts said "there is darkness in ever heart"

Buccura
05-18-2005, 11:59 PM
Having more time to play as Beatrix would be fun, and maybe even Lani would join up.
No, it'd be Garnet, Eiko, Freyia, and Beatrix, and they'd be your only characters for the entire game. ZOMFG!

I certainly wouldn't mind haveing Beatrix =D, and most defiantly would love to see Freya kicking ass in more battles with Dragon Crest <3 XD

Jess
05-22-2005, 05:26 PM
I loved IX, although it would be nice to see a sequel, there is no need for it. The game had a happy ending and its conclusion is fine as it is, it doesn't need to be dragged out.
There could be a sequel based on a member of IX that isn't very explored throughout the game, such as Beatrix as somebody earlier mentioned. Because this wouldn't ruin IX just like they ruined X with X-2. :(
Personally I'd be much happier with a remake of the game with PS3 Graphics. :rolleyes2

Kuja-Omnix
06-02-2005, 01:00 AM
I'm sure square are capable of producing a good storyline if there was gunna be another suquel, they've been good so far ;)

Godzilla3001
06-04-2005, 08:12 PM
Funny cause a while ago I made this out of boredom...

I can dream cant I? (http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v226/WrathChild/FFIX-2.jpg)

wo. thats cool cos i always thought that having a massive idea of dragon knights would be wicked. i loved freyas stuff and i would love it if you could play as sir fratley. im not saying there should be a sequel or a prequel (although that idea was good), but maybe a branch off with freya and sir fratley getting together and going out into the world to find a load of dragon knights. it would be a kinda star wars jedi thing. then all this dragon knight stuff could go around defeating...things.

sorry went on abit but that dragon knight idea was class.