PDA

View Full Version : Marche's Job Class

Mittopotahis
03-07-2005, 10:53 PM
What Job Class is he for you? Mine's A fighter because they have the best Abilities (in my opinion) and they are powerful. He also has soldier abilities.

Yuffie514
03-08-2005, 12:08 AM
well, Marche appears to have the highest Atk as a soldier :D , but i also had him learn certain Paladin abilities (Holy Blade :p ) 'cuz they're really powerful ;) .

Azure Chrysanthemum
03-08-2005, 01:24 AM
Paladin with Fighter abilities equipped, the Two-Swords ability, and two darn powerful swords.

My name is...something..?
03-08-2005, 01:47 AM
Mine's a fighter, with different combat abilities depending on the fight I'm in(holy sword for heavy close combat fights, item for long fights,etc)
I also have two swords, with the hero gaol's red and blue blades, most enemies go down in no time.

Skyblade
03-08-2005, 02:03 AM
well, Marche appears to have the highest Atk as a soldier :D , but i also had him learn certain Paladin abilities (Holy Blade :p ) 'cuz they're really powerful ;) .

That is most definitely not correct. The Knightswords that Paladins can equip are much more powerful than the swords and greatswords that a Soldier can equip. Maybe you should level him as a Soldier, but the final class is Paladin, hands down. I level him as a Hunter, so that he gets great attack and speed, and decent stats all the way around, including MP (Ultima Shot, Lv? S-Flare, etc... MP is very important, but the all physical job classes get almost none).

ViVincent
03-08-2005, 04:41 AM
Marche is my Ninja, I like the skills and just got Ultima Masher and Oblivion Tonite!

Double sword is easily one of the best skill in the game

Skyblade
03-08-2005, 02:36 PM
Marche is my Ninja, I like the skills and just got Ultima Masher and Oblivion Tonite!

Double sword is easily one of the best skill in the game

Ultima Masher is an Assassin ability, not a Ninja ability. The human Ultima move is Ultima Shot, a Hunter A-Ability that you can get from the Seventh Heaven.

Double Sword is nice, but it has it's limits. Attacks such as Sonic Boom, Ultima Shot, Air Render, etc... that use your weapon to determine damage ignore the second weapon (with the exception of combos). If you have mastered all of the Hunt abilities, you can use Sidewinder to deal the same amount of damage as Double Sword (unless you get a normal attack to 999 damage... And if you can do that, abilities don't really matter that much) to monsters. Ultima Shot does three times the damage of a single sword hit, which is 1.5 times the damage done by having two weapons. Don't get me wrong, I love Double Sword. It's awesome as hell, just because it is so cool to get to carry around two swords and unleash total devestation on your enemies. But Double Sword is not one of the game's "most useful" abilities, IMNSHO. My vote for most useful ability would probably be... Concentrate, actually. It drastically improves the accuracy of almost all attacks, including magic and Assassin abilities such as Last Breath.

Crossblades
03-08-2005, 04:15 PM
Mine is a Paladin/Fighter

Yuffie514
03-08-2005, 04:52 PM
That is most definitely not correct. The Knightswords that Paladins can equip are much more powerful than the swords and greatswords that a Soldier can equip. Maybe you should level him as a Soldier, but the final class is Paladin, hands down. I level him as a Hunter, so that he gets great attack and speed, and decent stats all the way around, including MP (Ultima Shot, Lv? S-Flare, etc... MP is very important, but the all physical job classes get almost none).

that i already know :meditate: , but the most powerful sword in my inventory now is the Chirijiraden :p , which is a greatsword, i think :mad: . plus, i gave him a power sash/gauntlets to boost the Atk :D . i'm thinking of teaching him the ninja's Doublesword sword ability to up his Atk :jap: .

omnitarian
03-08-2005, 05:57 PM
I always make Marshe a fighter, and once he gets all the best fighter abilities, he becomes a Paladin.

tailz
03-08-2005, 06:08 PM
mine a paladin/fighter i first wanted to make a fighter but i notest that thx to probably a bug i had 2 of the most powerfull swords in the game yes two exalibur 2s now that great to give him al large move i gave him ninja tabi mi adamatine armor (i think it is the most powerfull cause i cant make the petrayel stronger cause im the only one in my nieghberhoed with the game and an angel ring of witch i got uhm 30 from could be i got them fair but could also be a bug but i dont mind :D

ljkkjlcm9
03-08-2005, 06:23 PM
Mine is a Paladin/Hunter...
let's take a look at his stats...
Level 50
HP 386
MP 99
Move 5
Jump 3
Evade 45
ATK 671
DEF 536
Mag Pow 414
Res 449
Speed 181

EQUIPPED
Excalibur 2
Nagrarok
Fairy Shoes
Peytral
Angel Ring

ABILITIES
A1) Chivalry: knows... Nurse, Defense, Cover, Subdue, Parley, Saint cross, Holy Blade, Drop Weapon, Reflex, Weapon Def+, Knight Combo
A2) Hunt: knows... Sonic Boom, Advice, Aim: Vitals, Hunting, Addle, Ultima Shot, Sidewinder, Capture, Auto-regen, Weapon ATK+
R) Strikeback
S) Double Sword
C) Knight Combo

All I know, is with this combo of stuff, I can teleport behind someone easily, and hit them with ultima, and even if I can't use ultima, his two swords are actually more powerful and I just use ultima cause it looks awesome...

(he's mastered the following classes: Paladin, Soldier, Archer, Black Mage, and thief... he hasn't mastered the other because I got lazy, but I have at least one character who has mastered each class for each race...)

THE JACKEL

Skyblade
03-08-2005, 06:41 PM
that i already know :meditate: , but the most powerful sword in my inventory now is the Chirijiraden :p , which is a greatsword, i think :mad: . plus, i gave him a power sash/gauntlets to boost the Atk :D . i'm thinking of teaching him the ninja's Doublesword sword ability to up his Atk :jap: .

No, the Chirijiraden is a sword, not a greatsword. But just get the Excalibur 2, Nagrarok, or Sequence and make him a Paladin!

Zante
03-08-2005, 07:18 PM
Fighter/Paladin

Yuffie514
03-08-2005, 10:45 PM
thanks for the tip, but there's no need to be that powerful when i'm already ruling all of Ivalice.

vireblaze
03-08-2005, 10:58 PM
AHHHH!!!! OMG, OMG, OMG!!! You got Excalibur 2 and Nagrarok?! How? Tell me, HOW!!!!????

Excelsior
03-08-2005, 11:39 PM
nagrarock? mine is a paladin fighter with excalibur 2 and regular excalibur, but i have never heard of this nagrarock. where do u get it?

Skyblade
03-09-2005, 03:34 AM
*Sigh* I swear, you people should just try to complete as many missions as possible. That's where you get most of the ultra powerful unique items.

The Nagrarok is the quest reward for "Valuable Fake", a dispatch mission available once you have completed "Diamond Rain" and "Run for Fun". It requires one Rainbowite and one Bent Sword.

The Nagrarok has the following stats:
Attack: 75
Speed: 6
Move: 1

vireblaze
03-09-2005, 05:23 PM
Anyway, Marche is my Paladin. Ritz is an Assasin, Shara is a Sniper, and Montblanc is a Juggler. Babus is, of course, a Runeseeker.

Skyblade
03-09-2005, 07:36 PM
You forgot two...

Ezel is a Hermetic, and Cid is a Judgemaster.

vireblaze
03-09-2005, 11:11 PM
Well, I forgot Ezel, but I don't have Cid on my team yet.

Skyblade
03-10-2005, 03:08 AM
Hmm... Cid isn't on your team yet? Poor you... He has some awesome abilities.

Back on topic: Marche does well as any of the really good Human classes, though he does slightly better at the physical ones, due to his starting stats. Make him a Hunter, a Ninja, a Paladin, a Fighter, or a Blue Mage, and you probably won't be disappointed. Paladin is my favorite for him, because Knightswords ensure that he gets an attack capable of turning even the strongest foes into confetti in less time than it takes you to travel across Ivalice. Hunter has an excellent range advantage (although just give "Hunt" abilities to your Paladin, with Sonic Boom mastered, and he'll have a long range attack too...), Ninjas are fast and have good evasion. Theives have slightly better set stats, but knives suck, so don't bother using them by the end. Having Marche as a Blue Mage is awesome as long as you have him become one ASAP so that he can learn all of the abilities (although he only needs to know Learning to learn the abilities. You can switch him away from Blue Mage after he masters that, if you like). If you can get all of the Blue Magic abilities, you will be able to have an ability to get around every elemental law, and Blue Mages have decent attacks, and a wide arrange of weapons to choose from (though the Talwar is undoubtedly my favorite).

tailz
03-10-2005, 05:06 PM
*Sigh* I swear, you people should just try to complete as many missions as possible. That's where you get most of the ultra powerful unique items.

The Nagrarok is the quest reward for "Valuable Fake", a dispatch mission available once you have completed "Diamond Rain" and "Run for Fun". It requires one Rainbowite and one Bent Sword.

The Nagrarok has the following stats:
Attack: 75
Speed: 6
Move: 1

you said it skyblade its not that hard to do all 300 misions and youl get rewarded if you do (heres a cookie for ya:P ) i think its more like omg thx to a fucking bug tailz has two exaliber 2s now thats omg if you dont have anyone in your neighberhood with this game (snik) but ok you should do all misions really

vireblaze
03-10-2005, 05:11 PM
Hey, Skyblade. I'm having troubles deciding between two sub-action skills. Blue Magic, and Item, which one should I choose?

tailz
03-10-2005, 05:18 PM
blue mage dont use item if you need healing spells you can use them with blue magic and if that doesnt satisfy you train him as white mage wich i wouldnt recomend cause of probably low magic power but you have other team members for that stuff atleast i hope you have use them for healing focus marche on pure power

just my advice skyblade would probably drill it in the ground with one of his many ideas but well i tried

Skyblade
03-10-2005, 06:51 PM
You are quite right tailz. :D

Actually, this does have one small problem. If you are using Item and Blue Magic as sub action abilities, then which one you use should actually depend on what Items you have, and what Blue Magics Marche knows. If you only know, say, Goblin Punch, you should probably go with Items.

But, if you are having trouble deciding, then I think it is safe to assume that you have a decent number of Blue Magics acquired, in which case you should definitely go with Blue Magic. It is one of the most versatile and powerful A-Ability sets in the game.

vireblaze
03-10-2005, 07:17 PM
Sweet! Thanks. By the way, there is another way to get Excalibur 2 (I think) You place three mountains next to each other, and go for a treasure hunt. Hopefully, they shake. The mountains of course.

Skyblade
03-10-2005, 07:36 PM
Actually, no. Treasure Hunts are determined by what areas border the area where the treasure will appear. Any area can be the one affected. To get the Excalibur, I believe the combination is two mountains and two deserts. You can't get the Excalibur 2 through Treasure Hunt, only through the mission, I believe.
__M
D X D
__M
Like that. X can be any type of area.

A Treasure Hunt occurs any time an area touches at least two other areas (and of course only when one of the areas in question is placed).

Xalioniaf
03-17-2005, 06:28 AM
I've only got him at level 12 right now, but I've changed him all over the place. He's learned alot of Aim A-abilities, as well as Counter and Maintinence from Thief. I don't like Soldier A-Abilities, so I had him learn three then switched him to a Paladin with Dash Boots for better movement.

Skyblade
03-19-2005, 06:04 AM
Go from Dash Boots to Ninja Tabi ASAP. Paladins have terrible movement for a melee class.

Soldier A-Abilities are really useful if the enemy is much higher level than you (and Mug is fun, even if you don't really need the money), since they work as equalizers, but otherwise they aren't worth the trouble.

Del Murder
03-19-2005, 11:23 PM
I make him a Fighter with Blue Magic.

Fireblade13
03-28-2005, 04:03 PM
Blue magic is to tedious to learn so I stick to normal classes like what my marche has mastered.Ninja, Thief, Fighter, Paladin. I wasted so much time learning moves to get BlueM

FieryxNightxSky
03-28-2005, 04:39 PM
I have mine as a Ninja with Archer abilities. He then Has double sword, counter and the ninja combo.

Skyblade
03-28-2005, 08:44 PM
Blue magic is to tedious to learn so I stick to normal classes like what my marche has mastered.Ninja, Thief, Fighter, Paladin. I wasted so much time learning moves to get BlueM

Blue Magic is worth it, though. It has some of the most useful spells in the game. Twister, Matra Magic, Lv? S-Flare, Angel Whisper, White Wind, Bad Breath...

Xalioniaf
03-28-2005, 11:41 PM
I only have Lv.? S.Flare. It's pretty fun to use, but is there any armor I can get that aborbs dark so I don't have to kill my Blu.M?

Skyblade
03-29-2005, 05:00 AM
Bone Plate. You can't buy it, but it isn't that uncommon. I mentioned the full uses of Bone Plate in conjunction with Lv? S-Flare in my Ultimate Endless Lv? S-Flare strategy. Read the other threads for details... :shifty:

Fireblade13
04-08-2005, 08:44 PM
I have 2 Bone plates. I say this about BM because I am very impatient and getting monsters to use special moves on me is hard. Can u learn BM from other BMs'?

Heath
04-09-2005, 11:29 AM
Paladin with Fighter abilities equipped, the Two-Swords ability, and two darn powerful swords.

Same here.

MoonZapdos
04-17-2005, 05:37 PM
Mine's a full-powered Paladin.

Skyblade
04-18-2005, 05:21 AM
I have 2 Bone plates. I say this about BM because I am very impatient and getting monsters to use special moves on me is hard. Can u learn BM from other BMs'?

Enemy BMs, yes. Not allied BMs though. Not Morphers either. Sucks, huh?

Fireblade13
04-29-2005, 10:12 PM
Darnit. I still think they are very difficult to get even though I hate every blast of LV?S Flare doing like 150 damage to all melee classes .

YukiKiro
05-05-2005, 02:25 AM
he's a Paladin/fighter, with the ninja 2 sword ability. so when you really think about it, he's kind of a fusion between 3 different classes. he's a master of both paladin and fighter, i only got the ninja part so he can attack twice at once. and that's devistating when you can move 9 spaces at a time.