PDA

View Full Version : Arc Edge

Excelsior
03-08-2005, 04:06 AM
i just thought id ask a few questions about the weapon that marche and the judge are holding in more then a few picture.

1. why is it so cool?

2.where can i get it?

3.why does it seem like i cant get it?

4.did square just put it in for us to go crazy trying to find it and then laugh as we slowly figure out it doesnt exist?

thank you for your time

Skyblade
03-08-2005, 04:18 AM
Ah, yes. The Judge Sword. It is mostly symbolic, but you can use it in the game. Two abilities cause the sword to appear. The first is the Bishop ability "Judge" (Bishop is a Bangaa class unlocked by mastering two White Monk A-Abilities). Judge is a 300 AP ability that you get from the "Cheer Staff". It is a spell that steals JP from your enemy. The Judge Sword appears above them, then cuts downward. This animation is also used for Cid's (and someone else's, but I won't spoil it by saying who's ;) ) "Judge Sword" attack, which does full attack damage and steals JP from the enemy.

Excelsior
03-08-2005, 07:00 AM
thanks. thats pretty useful, but i was hoping that like if i fulfilled some sort of ridicoulous challenge i could have marche equip it and kill like everyone on the screen in one hit or something.

Skyblade
03-09-2005, 05:11 AM
thanks. thats pretty useful, but i was hoping that like if i fulfilled some sort of ridicoulous challenge i could have marche equip it and kill like everyone on the screen in one hit or something.

No, no, no! That move is the human Totema, called "Mateus". :D (Ok, so it doesn't always kill everyone in one hit, but it's close enough...)

Mittopotahis
03-09-2005, 07:52 AM
No, no, no! That move is the human Totema, called "Mateus". (Ok, so it doesn't always kill everyone in one hit, but it's close enough...)

It does for me!(usually)..My Marche must be strong!

Skyblade
03-09-2005, 02:23 PM
It does for me!(usually)..My Marche must be strong!

You've never used it on enemies with Damage>MP, have you?

vireblaze
03-10-2005, 05:38 PM
I hate Damage>MP! Only for enemies though. It's useful for me.

Skyblade
03-10-2005, 06:55 PM
The easiest ways around Damage>MP are Last Breath (it kills them, and MP doesn't matter), Double Sword/Shot/Cast, moves that bypass R-Abilities (like the Archer ability "Faster"), and status effects. If you disable someone, they can't use Damage>MP any more, and Damage>MP doesn't help if you poison them. Or, if you want to be really cruel, use physical hits to take down their MP and then cast Matra Magic on them. :D

vireblaze
03-10-2005, 07:13 PM
What about using a 'combo' ?

Skyblade
03-10-2005, 07:16 PM
Won't work. A combo move is an attack that always hits, and the damage is increased depending on how many people join in (and, if others join in, how much JP), but it only hits once (unless you are using Double Sword, in which case you get a single normal attack and then the combo), so while it might wipe out the enemies MP, it won't do any damage to them at all, even if you have 10JP and your whole team joins in.

vireblaze
03-10-2005, 07:24 PM
Hmm...Yeah. What would be your favorite action ability of non-special classes? Mine would be Holy Blade. ^_^

Skyblade
03-10-2005, 07:42 PM
Geez, that's a tough question. Last Breath, the Ultima attacks, Lv? S-Flare... There's just too many.

vireblaze
03-10-2005, 07:49 PM
I only like Holy Blade when I equip a Holy enhancing sword.

Skyblade
03-12-2005, 05:08 AM
Holy Blade is pretty much made obsolete by the time you get Ultima Shot, unless you don't want to use Hunt or don't have enough MP. Sure, it's more useful against the Undead, but you don't face them often, and there are more efficient ways of dealing with them anyway.

Del Murder
03-19-2005, 11:20 PM
Please stay on topic and take conversations to pms.

Fireblade13
03-28-2005, 04:00 PM
I know the seventh heaven but what other weopens land you ultima?
Giga flare to obliterate my foes.
On the D>M thing Double sword rocks and blue mages become useless as they can only attack and use potion and if sabers are restricted I just watch the fool run around. :D