PDA

View Full Version : should there be difficulty levels for FF?

Yuffie514
03-08-2005, 05:27 PM
i'm so tired of all the pushover bosses and monsters :mad2: . they're not powerful enough for me :shame: . sometimes i wish i can set difficulty levels :jap: , which means the bosses are stronger/smarter :jap: and that includes riddles :jap: . what's yer opinions :-/ ?

Zante
03-08-2005, 07:23 PM
I wouldn't mind a difficulty level for battles, although it wouldn't make that a big difference, as you would only have to level up more to beat the harder ones. A difficulty level for riddles wouldn't be a good idea though, I think.

Dark Warrior
03-08-2005, 08:32 PM
hmmm, I really don't know, sometimes some games need to be easier or harder, hmmmm. ok, I'll like keep without difficulty levels.

Undecided
03-08-2005, 11:22 PM
A hord mode when you have beaten the game would be a good idea.

rubah
03-09-2005, 12:02 AM
yes. a beginner's mode for the puzzles, so people can figure out how to figure them out without consulting a million FAQs (I would benefit from this:D) and harder modes as well, for those people that want to be stuck on a game for months.

Ichimonji
03-09-2005, 12:28 AM
I'm content. The idea of a hard mode after you complete the game would be nice though, if it'll get people to stop complaining.

~red.foxx~
03-09-2005, 12:30 AM
yeah levels would be good the bosses are too easy sometimes and dare i say it, it can get boring

ShunNakamura
03-09-2005, 05:13 AM
My only problem with having a hard mode after you play through once is that I generally only get one playthrough unless I REALLY like the game. so therefor dispite the fact that I wish FF's were tougher I would never get to play the harder version... I would much prefer the ability to select the lvl before hand so that I can take the hard challenge right away... no point in wasting time.

luinemenel
03-09-2005, 02:02 PM
I say NO. but you know you can alwas make it harder for yourself by leaving some parts out, for example in FF VII, try beat it whitout summons or magic materia... or whatever... maybe...... :)

Ultima Shadow
03-09-2005, 04:10 PM
i'm so tired of all the pushover bosses and monsters :mad2: . they're not powerful enough for me :shame: . sometimes i wish i can set difficulty levels :jap: , which means the bosses are stronger/smarter :jap: and that includes riddles :jap: . what's yer opinions :-/ ?
YEEESSSSSSSS!!! :love: :love: :love: I agree completely. :thumb:

I wouldn't mind a difficulty level for battles, although it wouldn't make that a big difference, as you would only have to level up more to beat the harder ones.
No, no, no... it would be a BIG difference. Just leveling up a bit wouldn't help you. And the super bosses + final boss would be harder at max level in hard mode than they would be at level 50 in normal mode. :cool:

For all those who think "no"... well... why not? There's no reason to not have difficulty levels! :smash:
Well, I think you should be able to chose between Easy, Normal, Hard and Very Hard/Impossible. That would rock! :cool:

DJZen
03-09-2005, 09:08 PM
Here's an idea. Play Final Fantasy II on hard mode (Origins version, beat it once and a new difficulty setting will be unlocked).

Del Murder
03-12-2005, 09:31 PM
Yeah, I think it would be cool to have a hard mode. Adds to replay value. I liked the inclusion of a KH hard mode (though I found them the same).

Martyr
03-15-2005, 10:14 PM
No! Good God!

Just start it off as hard and be done with it.

Or, ya know what? Maybe it could be like Zelda. Afte rthe game is beaten, a ridiculously more difficult version may become available for play. That's cool.

But easy levels are crap. If a gamer can't hold his own in a hard level, then he should just quit. Games are unhealthy anyway. And easy levels are solely for training platyers to be weak, which is a completely screwball thing to do.

Whenever I start a game with difficulty levels, I play it at the hardest level straight up. WHY THE HELL SHOULD I WASTE MY TIME ON THE PSEUDO-GAME???
Only a superhard level, which is available after a player has beaten a game and acquired the necessary skills, is necessary. Easiness is futile.

ShunNakamura
03-16-2005, 04:53 AM
Martyr that is why I vote YES... it is obvious for most money that they will keep the main game easy... because quite frankly some people just can't handle difficult games....

I have had freinds try to play some harder games... and they try and try... but they just don't get it some times.... makes me exasperated.... but then again some of my friends are the type that study and study and still flunk what they were studying for :(