PDA

View Full Version : Excalibur 2! :eek:

vireblaze
03-08-2005, 06:27 PM
I can't believe it! There's an Excalibur 2?! How do I get it? :confused:

Skyblade
03-08-2005, 06:39 PM
...I'm not really sure if I should answer this... You shouldn't have kept posting over and over again. It takes a while for questions to get answered sometimes. Have patience.

Ah, what the hell. You get the Excalibur 2, an 87 attack Knightsword that also gives +3 to magic power, +4 to speed, and +5 to Evade, when you complete the mission "The Hero Blade". It's a battle mission that is available after you complete the game.

vireblaze
03-08-2005, 08:23 PM
When after you complete the game? 'Cause I've completed the game, and theres no mission.

Skyblade
03-09-2005, 03:29 AM
How the hell should I know?! Do you think I memorize these things?! :shifty:

...Fine. "The Hero Blade" becomes available in Baguba Port if you have completed the game, and have completed the mission "Carrot!". You need a Rusty Sword and Mysidia Alloy to take the mission. Happy?! Next time don't bug me until you have completed every available mission... :mad:

If you don't have the required mission items, then you haven't done enough missions, and you should get off of your lazy butt and get to work!

vireblaze
03-09-2005, 05:18 PM
Hey! I have 63 Mission items for your info! One of them is Mewt's Bear! I have Mysidia Alloy, and a Rusty Sword! I used to have two of them!....How do you get Cat's Tears?

Skyblade
03-09-2005, 07:22 PM
Ha! Here's my mission item list:

Magic Trophy, Fight Trophy, Sport Trophy, Ogma's Seal, Gold Vessel, Ancient Medal, Coast Medal, Guard Medal, Master Brave, Badge, Esteroth, Ahriman Eye, Wyrmstone, Topaz Armring, Zodiac Ore, Silvril, Materite, Leestone, Adamantite, Spiritstone, Amber, White Thread, Chocobo Skin, Magic Cloth, Magic Cotton, Panther Hide, Tiger Hide, Jerky, Chocobo Egg, Eldagusto, Cyril Ice, Choco Bread, Gedegg Soup, Ancient Text, Magic Vellum, Justice Badge, Friend Badge, The Hero Gaol, Edaroya Tome, Encyclopedia, Sketchbook, Stuffed Bear, Rabbit Tail, Danbukwood, Moonwood, Fountain Pen, Earplugs, Crystal, Trichord, Mind Ceffyl, Body Ceffyl, Insignia, Ally Finder2, Loaded Dice, Snake Shield, Love Potion, Sprinkler, Telaq Flower, White Flowers, Magic Fruit, Power Fruit, Vermillion, Ancient Coins, and Helje Key.

Don't try to compete with me. You'll lose.

I had thought that if you hadn't found the mission "The Hero Blade" yet, you might not have had the needed items either.

I beleive you get Cat's Tears for completeing the mission "Broken Tunes"...

vireblaze
03-09-2005, 11:08 PM
Who says I'm competing?

Skyblade
03-10-2005, 02:51 AM
Who says I'm competing?

Me, who did you think? :p

vireblaze
03-10-2005, 05:03 PM
How would you know? You're not inside my mind.

tailz
03-10-2005, 05:13 PM
oh pls dont be so pathetic and why would i lose i probably have the same stuff from my long talk with you in would you want to go home in eitch your killing me a little i gues you already have done every mision exept the last mission for cid but i think i would come out of it pretty well if whe compared our lists and pls dont "omg theres an exalibur2" and you want it and only done 63 missions youl have to wait a while i think

just one question is it alowd to have such a big picture in your ava not that i complain but in most forums im on there a restriction on it so just asking :)

Yamaneko
03-10-2005, 05:13 PM
vireblaze, please don't bump topics. Eventually someone will get to your thread and answer your question. If you need to add something to your original post, use the edit/delete button located below your post.

vireblaze
03-10-2005, 05:30 PM
I wasn't in the 'would you want to go home' board. I don't need to add anything, thank you very much! I don't need any more help anyway! I have 99 missions to go. So I'm outta here. I have all those mission items Skyblade.

tailz
03-10-2005, 05:48 PM
i whas talking bout skyblade btw

Skyblade
03-10-2005, 06:34 PM
I wasn't in the 'would you want to go home' board. I don't need to add anything, thank you very much! I don't need any more help anyway! I have 99 missions to go. So I'm outta here. I have all those mission items Skyblade.

So you can't count? That's 64, not 63... :rolleyes2

And, tailz? I have completed the last mission for Cid. You just can't save it after that point. I have completed it and seen the second ending though.

vireblaze
03-10-2005, 07:10 PM
Yes, now I have 64.

Skyblade
03-10-2005, 07:14 PM
Which ones are your favorites?

vireblaze
03-10-2005, 07:20 PM
Fav? As in, Mission items? I'd say....Master Brave, and Esteroth.

Skyblade
03-10-2005, 07:22 PM
I agree, unless you still need to learn abilities, in which case it is definitely the Insignia.

vireblaze
03-10-2005, 07:26 PM
The Insignia. Yeah. FFTA is like a mix of FFT and FFIX.

tailz
03-10-2005, 07:28 PM
yeah i understand m8 but you just cant prove it neither can i but we just did that mision whe just know :P :D

vireblaze
03-10-2005, 07:33 PM
I like linking FFTA. What do you think about that? It's cool 'cause I get a bunch of trade items. Mwahahahahahaha!

Skyblade
03-10-2005, 07:37 PM
I like linking FFTA. What do you think about that? It's cool 'cause I get a bunch of trade items. Mwahahahahahaha!

Bwa ha ha ha ha! Trade items? Who needs them? I own two copies of the game and can have as many of any item as I want! Ha!

vireblaze
03-10-2005, 07:46 PM
Ohhh...Lucky. ^_^ I only have one version, but two GBA's.

Fireblade13
03-28-2005, 03:43 PM
Yeah you must either love the game or have no friends with the game sky.
I would like to know what on earth do the mission items do i have seen no difference in using them. Last mission to easy.

Skyblade
03-28-2005, 08:49 PM
Press "Select" while selecting a mission item to see what it does. Their effects are usually small, but they are there. And some have very powerful effects, such as the Insignia, which doubles the missions AP, and the Ally Finder 2, which makes new additions to your clan belong to more advanced jobs (and while they won't have any abilities mastered, it is still very useful, especially as you get to higher levels. A level 50 Fencer will have very different stats from a level 50 Assassin).

Oh, and I forgot to mention something earlier. There is another way to get the Excalibur 2. I won't say what it is just yet (since it is basically the same way you get the Nagrarok outside of the mission, and that is my current trivia question), but it is possible.

omnitarian
03-28-2005, 10:48 PM
Ooh, ooh, pick me!

Getting all the Excalibur2s you want involves using the 'Catch' R-ability against a level 40-44 enemy that has the Ninja's 'Throw' or the Juggler's 'Hurl'. They'll eventually toss an Excalibur2, and you can keep it for yourself. :D

vireblaze
04-04-2005, 09:32 PM
Woah! Sorry I was gone. I was on a 10 day trip.

Fireblade13
04-29-2005, 10:09 PM
What they actually will hurl items like that at you! WTF

Skyblade
04-30-2005, 12:44 AM
Indeed they will. You can get a lot of really powerful items from high level enemies with the Throw/Hurl abilities. The Dread Soul, Nagrarok, Excalibur 2, Calling Gun, and lots more.

Fireblade13
05-02-2005, 09:36 PM
Trouble is finding a party that uses ninja's and jugglers for the main purpose of throwing things at you

omnitarian
05-02-2005, 09:48 PM
Glancing at an FAQ; Bloodthirsters, Clan Katz, and Gertai Band have Jugglers and Clan Belmia, Gaja Band, Jagd Emissaries and Ramble Band have Ninjas. Just make sure you peek at their ability list to make sure they have Hurl or Throw. (And, of, course, make sure the bad guys are at levels 40-44).

Skyblade
05-02-2005, 11:07 PM
Trouble is finding a party that uses ninja's and jugglers for the main purpose of throwing things at you

You could try forcing them to watch a bad production of The Sound of Music. Of course, they usually wind up throwing more tomatoes than anything else... :D