PDA

View Full Version : Ah, weather!

Rye
03-08-2005, 10:10 PM
When I was coming home early from school today, I got attacked by lots of hail. I don't remember seeing hail falling, or at least being hit by it, ever in my life, so it was really weird.

What's the weirdest weather you've experienced?

Another really weird time was when I was about 8. We were looking through the town I now live in, looking for houses to move to. I lived in Queens at the time and my parents decided to move. Anyway, there was so much rain outside that it looks like a pond. We actually passed by a pond, and it was overflowing so much that the benches were half-way submursed. That was pretty unusual.

YunaGirl05
03-08-2005, 10:12 PM
It raining on one side of the road and not the other. and a lake overflooded and like cover a park and a baseball feild and every thing in that general area was covered but the roofs. and driving through a small tornado

ffrinoa8
03-08-2005, 10:14 PM
the ice storm in georgia a few years past. very odd....

Tasura
03-08-2005, 10:29 PM
once it rained for 12 or so hours and it flooded everything, and it washed away bridges, then there was the ice storm a coupla years ago, it caused a power outage that lasted a week

Squall04
03-08-2005, 10:34 PM
This place constantly defies all logic of weather patterns. As I was going to class it was partly cloudy and somewhere around 60 degrees Fahrenheit, and all around a good day. When I got out of my class 50 minutes later, it was an all out blizzard and visibility was down to a couple hundred yards. Now there's not a cloud in the sky and it's all warm and everything again.

Tasura
03-08-2005, 10:38 PM
This place constantly defies all logic of weather patterns. As I was going to class it was partly cloudy and somewhere around 60 degrees Fahrenheit, and all around a good day. When I got out of my class 50 minutes later, it was an all out blizzard and visibility was down to a couple hundred yards. Now there's not a cloud in the sky and it's all warm and everything again.

sounds like Canadian weather(i know it says Colorado in your location)

SeeDRankLou
03-08-2005, 10:40 PM
Tropical Storm Allison

I live in Houston, which was flooded by Allison. First of all, all the meteorologists were saying it was going to come up and around us. But Allison came straight to the Houston, and then just stopped. It just sits over us for a while. Then it starts to move east. As it is just about to leave Houston, Allison decided it missed Houston so it started to move west and came back, and it stayed for another while. The first time it saturated the ground entirely, the second time it flooded the hell out of Houston.

And it snowed this Christmas Eve in Houston, it NEVER snows in Houston, especially not in December.

Dr.K
03-08-2005, 10:55 PM
Once I was walking to the train station on my way home from school and got soaked to the loins by a pretty hardcore rain shower. When I was on the train, as the journey progressed (very short - 3 stops, 6 minutes) the weather gradually changed from gloomy, to beautifully fresh and sunny. I got off at the stop of my town, and everything was dry as anything, with the sun shining brightly, with evidently no rain! I must've looked pretty strange walking home, squelching away, while everyone else was dry as anything

Peegee
03-08-2005, 11:02 PM
This thread has the potential for hilarity :p

During my tenure at high school, I was waiting for the bus one day, and I guess the nice friendly raincloud (rainecloud?) was flying down the street towards me, because I looked down the street and people went 'ahhh!' in a stream towards me, all cowering. Then suddenly I was bombarded with a torrent of rain, just like that. No transition.

Weee!

boris no no
03-08-2005, 11:33 PM
i was in a hurricane when i was younger. in the UK theres never really hurricanes. so to be in one on the UK is pretty weird!

once it was raining so hard yet the sky was this beautiful blue coulor. it was so pretty. pity i was soaked to the bone! :D

Jojee
03-08-2005, 11:44 PM
I love rainstorms. As long as I'm safe and warm inside ^_^ I love just watching them... it's just so <i>awesome</i>, y'know?

muchacho
03-08-2005, 11:46 PM
well i live in florida, so i see some weird stuff. one time it was raining heavly, yet it was a bright and sunny day. so we got our wake boards and got pulled on our wake boards by a lifted truck on the streets cause it was flooded...... that was pretty fun.

~red.foxx~
03-08-2005, 11:47 PM
yeah i love em too but i like to be in them under an umbrella or something looking out in to the rain :D

Galadrius
03-09-2005, 12:04 AM
There is no weird weather in San Diego, just sun. And occasionally some rain. *shrug*

Mindflare
03-09-2005, 12:27 AM
I'm sick of the winter weather. And living in Western Pennsylvania doesn't help.

Not the strangest, but it's still in my brain:

Yesterday, it was almost 70°F, today it was 10°F. They're screwing with me.

Rye
03-09-2005, 12:28 AM
I'm sick of the winter weather. And living in Western Pennsylvania doesn't help.

Not the strangest, but it's still in my brain:

Yesterday, it was almost 70°F, today it was 10°F. They're screwing with me.

Same thing here! It was so warm yesterday, now it's snowing and hailing!

Lucky Charms
03-09-2005, 12:31 AM
It hailed pellets of frozen raindrops in LA a couple weeks ago.

http://carmiechan.homestead.com/files/jayce.jpg
This is what it looked like.. my nephew's in the pic.

Del Murder
03-09-2005, 04:24 AM
It is beautiful in Northern California today. This is probably the best time of the year.

The weirdest weather I've experienced is the humidity in Korea. Nothing like our dry heat. Much much worse, in fact.

Chibi Youkai
03-09-2005, 04:33 AM

Happened earlier today.

Kirobaito
03-09-2005, 04:37 AM
Texas weather is weird. :/ I've been close to a few tornadoes in my lifetime (See: March 28th, 2000), and plenty of hailstorms and the like. Only seen real snow one time in my life. Lots of heat. A few good droughts, too. We also get a lot of rain, though. It does what it wants. Nobody can predict Texas weather.

SoulSeek139
03-09-2005, 04:38 AM
I swam in my front yard once because everything got flooded. And there was that storm with gumball-sized hail.

Yuffie514
03-09-2005, 04:52 AM
well, i've experienced snow before but never a hailstorm :jap: :eek: . i also never been in the middle of a fog until this one day in high school. kind of cool since it's like the mist in FF9 :D .

Halan
03-09-2005, 05:22 AM
I've been through a great number of hurricanes, having lived on the east coast of Florida for most of my life. I went through the eye of a hurricane twice, the sky is all pink. Rather soothing.

Dingo Jellybean
03-09-2005, 07:19 AM
I remember when I was driving, it was all sunny out. But a few minutes later it was raining so hard that not even my windshield wipers could move fast enough to displace the rain. It felt like small elves were pounding their fists on my car.

Another day I was driving, HUGE chunks of hail the size of golfballs started hitting my car. I was surprised my windshield withstood the hits without a scratch...I mean these things were HUGE. But eh...just another life in the day of Dingo Jellybean.

Rainecloud
03-09-2005, 07:25 AM
Over here in England, we call the weather "weird" when the sun begins to shine.

We're used to massive amounts of rain, snow, hail, thunder, etc.

Resha
03-09-2005, 01:04 PM
In Malaysia, we have two seasons. The really really really hot one, and the rainy one where everyone gets the 'flu. Right now, we're in the really really hot one. :( And it's...hot.

Meat Puppet
03-09-2005, 01:10 PM
One day, when I was a stupid kid we were having fine weather. Everyday I would make stupid prank calls off a phone box. One time I thought I'd be really "bad ass" and prank call emergency services and told them I was stuck at sea. The next day the town had seen the worst weather it had ever seen, the waves were flying over the barrier right across the road.
One even hit me off my bike an I hurt me bones.

I sure learnt my lesson.

YunaGirl05
03-09-2005, 01:42 PM
Its snowing right now! vut school isn't canceled yet *looks at tv screen hopfully.* come on.

Aurey
03-09-2005, 01:46 PM
It was warm yesterday and very windy, then it rained all night.

Now it's still windy and it stopped raining but it's now snowing. Which is good, because I love snow. :]

Armisael
03-09-2005, 01:54 PM
In Malaysia, we have two seasons. The really really really hot one, and the rainy one where everyone gets the 'flu. Right now, we're in the really really hot one. :( And it's...hot.
Yeah pretty much alike with Greece..But now we are at the rainy and cold one season.. *sniff*

fire_of_avalon
03-09-2005, 03:20 PM
I guess the weirdest weather related thing that ever happened to me was being indirectly struck by lightening. We used to live in a trailer, built way back in the eighties, when they were ALL METAL. So my dad, sister and me were coming home one evening in the middle of this huge thunderstorm. Dad had just put his key in the front door, and I was holding on to our "storm door" (HAHAHAHAHAHA) so it didn't slam anybody in the back. Then there was this buzzing sound, and next thing I know my hand is glued to the door and I can feel electricity moving up and down my back and legs. Turns out, lightening had struck the roof of the trailer in the far corner. There was even a tiny little hole burned into it. It was weird. :D

Citizen Bleys
03-09-2005, 03:34 PM
"weird" pretty much sums up all weather in the Maritimes. If you don't like the weather, wait 5 minutes and it'll change.

Yesterday, we had snow, then the sun came out and melted it all, and then we got rain, and then hail, and then it snowed again. All in the course of 24 hours.

Tasura
03-09-2005, 04:34 PM
yes good old maritime weather, last night it rained from 10:30pm until about 3:00am, and it was very windy.

Misfit
03-09-2005, 04:51 PM
Yesterday, we had snow, then the sun came out and melted it all, and then we got rain, and then hail, and then it snowed again. All in the course of 24 hours.
What he said. It was sooooo nice out when the sun was shining. NOW IT'S FREEZING COLD AGAIN GOD I HATE WINTER. http://e.deviantart.com/emoticons/s/shakefist.gif

SoulSeek139
03-09-2005, 05:33 PM
I was pretty lucky when lightning struck the ground 30 feet from my cousin and me, if it was any closer one of us would have been the target.

Strider
03-09-2005, 06:41 PM
It's 80 degrees outside right now. :D

Anyway, weirdest weather... gotta be the deathly cold I experienced last summer. I had to go out and buy pants because I didn't have any with me.

boris no no
03-09-2005, 07:30 PM
well. its stoped snowing here (apparently....) so now we're going to have weeks of rain. not heavy rain. the annoying type that soaks you to the bone but looks like its not really raining at all. :(

mike without a hat
03-09-2005, 08:28 PM
Yesterday it went from in the 50's to hailing and snowing within the hour.
i've been driving along and have just suddenly come out of the rain like there was a wall blocking it or something.
i've also been looking out my window and have seen the rain travel down my street.