PDA

View Full Version : Have you ever met anyone famous?

Galadrius
03-09-2005, 12:49 AM
I met Kenny G at Seattle Gameworks one time. Lame, I know.

You?

~red.foxx~
03-09-2005, 12:51 AM
um i met one of the princesses of england and the queen mother (they came to my school)

YukiKiro
03-09-2005, 12:55 AM
i came face to face with Chris Chelios of the Detroit Red Wings before. also Mrs. Bush, the first lady, came to our school.

Zell's Fists of Fury
03-09-2005, 01:15 AM
Brett Favre. He sang to me.

crashNUMBERS
03-09-2005, 01:18 AM
Well my brother got the signiture of willy wonka :|...

amratis
03-09-2005, 01:27 AM
Absolutly pathetic but no not really. I've *seen* some kinda famous ppl. Ok they're not even famous but you'll either have heard of them or maybe know who they are if I explained.
Quite a few years ago saw Sally Gunnell (english athlete (gold medal I think)) in a posh restaurant.
Also saw..well, anyone here seen The Mummy? the remake I mean with Brendan Fraiser .etc? well you know the little bald fat dude who goes with them? And gets killed by a beetle going into his brain? Its really bad but I cant remember his name, he's actually a pretty good stand-up comedian. He had a minor part in Gladiator aswell. Anywho I stood next to him for about 5 mins at the Edinburgh festival once, it was while we (my family and I) were waiting to go and see another stand-up comedian (one of the ones from Whose Line is it Anyway). I kept poking my brother and saying 'Hey its the dude from The Mummy!' :D

Lone Wolf Leonhart
03-09-2005, 01:30 AM
Tara Strong! The voice of Rikku

~red.foxx~
03-09-2005, 01:51 AM
wow really what was she like or did you not talk to her she is so cool
:whoa:

Shlup
03-09-2005, 01:53 AM
I used to spend my vacations at my grandparents house in Beverly Hills, so, yes, several.

Miriel
03-09-2005, 02:06 AM
Why yes, I have.

Lone Wolf Leonhart
03-09-2005, 02:13 AM
wow really what was she like or did you not talk to her she is so cool
:whoa:she's very nice, you should visit her homepage, the official tara strong

StarlightAngel
03-09-2005, 02:16 AM
No. :(

muchacho
03-09-2005, 03:01 AM
i met Al Gore when i was skeeing in utah......... i took a picture, but later threw it out.

mike without a hat
03-09-2005, 03:09 AM
When i was really little the old pres bush shook my hand

Luc
03-09-2005, 03:13 AM
I used to spend my vacations at my grandparents house in Beverly Hills, so, yes, several.

Yeah, same here, except I lived there for a short while. ;)

Anyway, I've meet um..

Geoff Rowley(sp?), Brandy, and I've seen Antonio Banderas. =P

Kirobaito
03-09-2005, 03:21 AM
I've met Josh Howard and Erick Dampier. I win.

Doc Sark
03-09-2005, 03:28 AM
I have met (by met, I mean have served or possibly directed to the nearest crapper) the cream of the British celebrity crop...in no particular order...(most of them were members at an exclusive club I worked for other than Princess Diana who visited my school when I was 8.)

Jade Goody (pre-op), John Inverdale, Paddy from Emmerdale, Ronan Keating, Damon Albarn, Johnathan Ross, Edwin Van Der Sar, Kit Symons, Neil Sullivan, Helen Chamberlain, Richard Awford, Phillipa Forrester...meh.

I realise that these won't mean anything unless you're British and even if you are may still mean absolutely nothing, some of them are THAT famous!!! :rolleyes2

I once saw Louise Nurding when I worked at Chessington World of Adventures, I'm pretty sure she smiled at me, in my mind she did, she is the most gorgeous woman on the planet.

Carnage
03-09-2005, 03:38 AM
I met hulk hulgan and i saw harrison ford in an airport but he was a huge asshole.

Faris
03-09-2005, 03:46 AM
Bobby Hall, and a few other retired hockey players, and some minor league baseball players.

ViVincent
03-09-2005, 03:55 AM
i have "met" some goalie from Britain's soccer team, i had no idea who he was til some people next to us started to freak out and asked him for his autograph. Whateva

Mr. Graves
03-09-2005, 03:57 AM
I saw Morrissey in person for a split second. Never met him though. And he's not really a celeb. Eh..

SoulSeek139
03-09-2005, 04:19 AM
My dad's job got me a private training session with a few other kids and the Cubs team... too bad they're mediocre. And they didn't have Sosa.

o_O
03-09-2005, 04:29 AM
Yeah, I met Donovan Bailey back when he was the fastest man in the world. I've met quite a few international rugby players from the All Blacks, England and the Springboks, most notably Jonah Lomu and Jeff Wilson. :D Don't really know if they qualify as famous though. :p
I've met a few New Zealand bands too, and Joe Satriani and Opeth. <3

Chibi Youkai
03-09-2005, 04:29 AM
If i've ever met anyone, either didn't know it was them, or had no idea who they were.

Halan
03-09-2005, 05:16 AM
I met myself. I'm rather famous, you know.

Also, Jeb Bush (gov of Florida, Dubya's bro) and John Walsh.

Quina
03-09-2005, 05:19 AM
I once saw Phil Donahue waiting for the elevator.

eestlinc
03-09-2005, 05:45 AM
JACK NICHOLSON

Rase
03-09-2005, 05:49 AM
I meet George Lucas at this Laser Tag Arena thing called Q-Zar. He was there for his nephews birthday, I believe.

Dingo Jellybean
03-09-2005, 05:55 AM
I got to shake Bill Clinton's hands when he was at my high school back in 1998(Springbrook).

I also met Michael Jordan at a Wizards game.

Rainecloud
03-09-2005, 07:27 AM
As I always get to say in this type of thread, I've met WWE Superstars Kane, Rico, Rey Mysterio, Kurt Angle, Rob Van Dam, Theodore Long and The Hurricane. You can see some of the pictures in the EoFF Album (if you're bothered).

Rostum
03-09-2005, 11:33 AM
Just some infamous musical artists.

Sepho
03-09-2005, 11:40 AM
<a href="http://www.imdb.com/name/nm0642368/">Terry O'Quinn</a> - currently playing a role in the TV show, <i>Lost</i>.

He was born and raised in my (very small) hometown of Newberry (back before the "O'" was added to his name). My English IV teacher says he remembers having him in class. He used to come in and meet all of the first grade classes, and I remember when I first saw him back then.

I live in his old house.

Jack
03-10-2005, 12:32 AM
Frank Bruno
Pokemon World Champion 2000

Craig
03-10-2005, 12:34 AM
Tommy Walsh (I think his name is) from the gardening show Ground Force, he was outside a store called Wickes signing autographs.

FallenAngel411
03-10-2005, 01:43 AM
Met Johnny Depp a couple of years back :love: I got his autograph. :thumb:

SoulSeek139
03-10-2005, 01:44 AM
I shook Michael Jackson's hand. I hate to think about it now.

Ouch!
03-10-2005, 01:57 AM
None that readily come to mind. My old neighbor was a hockey commentator for ESPN, but that's not really famous.

bennator
03-10-2005, 01:58 AM
I've seen both Jerry Springer and George Bush (eck) at my school over the past few years.

FallenAngel411
03-10-2005, 02:05 AM
I shook Michael Jackson's hand. I hate to think about it now.

o.O scary.....

Tasura
03-10-2005, 02:10 AM
Rainecloud might know them by name(i think) there old wrestlers The Bushwackers i believe they were called, there were 2 of them, they were both "crazy" and wore funky "armour", my father knew/knows them and i think i met them when i was younger.....i may even be related to them, but i severly doubt it.

ShivaBlizzard8
03-10-2005, 03:59 AM
I've met a few famous people in my time. I guess the most notable are:

Janet Reno
Who came to speak at my school when she was still attroney general. I got to get her autograph and shake her hand - and opposed to popular belief, she is actually a really cool, funny lady in person. :p

Mel Gibson
Yeah, his son Will went to undergrad with me. We were both in Medieval Lit together, and Mel helped him move in every semester and went to some school functions. Given that the campus was the size of a postage stamp, we'd run into each other occasionally.

Steven Tyler
I'm from southern MA, and the Aerosmith boys live there, so it wasn't uncommon to see Tyler or other band members at our mall and stuff. A lot of my friends who worked at the movie theater saw him all the time - its generally not considered a big deal where we live. I didn't get to meet him though, until his band looked into buying my old house - they liked the studio in the garage. That was pretty cool. They didn't buy it, though. *d'oh*

Joshua Bell
As a violinist and a music geek, this excites me. He's like, the best violinist in the world, and he's HOT! I was afraid I'd break his finger or somthing when I shook his hand though, just because those fingers are worth millions. . . :love:

Alvin Ailey Company
Okay, I'm a dancer, and I got to dance with them. They're famous to me, and it ROCKED.

Whoopi Goldberg
I met her tending bar in northern MA. SHE was tending bar, and served me my drink. No lie. Apparently the guy who owns the restaurant did the music for Sister Act, and she lost a bet they made, and had to tend bar for the weekend. Yes, it really was her. :)

Thats' about it, I guess.

eestlinc
03-10-2005, 04:39 AM
Joshua Bell is awesome!

I've met a couple of "famous" composers if they count. I drove Michael Torke to and from the Cincinnati Airport and I had drinks on a couple occasions with Frederick Rzewski. I'm sure everyone has heard of both of them...

Fate Fatale
03-10-2005, 09:19 PM
I met gov'na Frank O'bannon before. We chatted in the hall of the State house. (Indiana)

frunk
03-10-2005, 09:55 PM
my roomate claims to have partied with robin williams when he was in winnipeg shooting a movie.
but knowing dave...i dont know.
he is pretty consistant when he tells the story though.