PDA

View Full Version : pointers?

Excelsior
03-09-2005, 04:01 AM
im probably gonna start replaying this game and actually beat it pretty soon, and i just wanted to see if anyone can give me any useful tips. the first (and only) time i played it, i got to N-Zone, but my characters were just to bad to proceed. im not sure exactly what was wrong, but i was abuot level 40, and i think i had only mastered maybe 2 jobs at the most per person. do i need to master more jobs beforehand, or just level up more?

ShivaBlizzard8
03-09-2005, 10:03 PM
I was only about level 45 when I entered the N-Zone, and had no problems beating the game, so I wouldn't worry about leveling up so much.

However, mastering jobs is really key to beating the game. When you master a job, you transfer important abilities to your bare character which can come in very helpful as the game proceeds. Also, the higher level abilities you learn from mastering jobs, like Dance! and $Toss! and the level 6 magic spells are invaluable. My advice would be to make sure all of your characters have at least mastered a handful of jobs; preferably, every job should be mastered by at least one character.

Also, although you should be able to beat the game in the 40-level range, just remember that you can no longer gain experience points once you enter the N-Zone, so the level you are when you get there is the level you will remain at. You can still gain AP, however, so mastering jobs is still possible. Good luck. :)

Braindead_Paul
03-09-2005, 10:26 PM
Also, although you should be able to beat the game in the 40-level range, just remember that you can no longer gain experience points once you enter the N-Zone, so the level you are when you get there is the level you will remain at.

Why not? You can get loads of exp. there. I gained about 15 levels leveling up inside the N-Zone (mainly at the castle stairs with the Iron Giant and the three Claws).

Chris
03-09-2005, 10:31 PM
Levels don't matter in this game; mastered jobs is the key to success in this Final Fantasy.

ShivaBlizzard8
03-10-2005, 03:19 AM
Why not? You can get loads of exp. there. I gained about 15 levels leveling up inside the N-Zone (mainly at the castle stairs with the Iron Giant and the three Claws).

My bad - I meant that in the last section - the dungeon leading up to Ex-Death - battles give you no exp.

udsuna
03-13-2005, 12:53 PM
Yeah, but they give INSANE job growth. Some of those later encounters can take you up a couple job levels at a time.