PDA

View Full Version : Magic Getting Way

SnoopyG
03-09-2005, 04:04 AM
There is so many ways to get magic in the FF series. I dunno if this topic was posted already since I'm new and yeah. But all the different ways of getting magic is really troublesome. I'm a simple guy so I like doing simple things.

Really I like Final fantasy X-2 way of learning Magic. It was simple, easy and I like it. If there's any other way then please share.

Cybele
03-09-2005, 04:25 AM
In FFIV, they learned by level. Which was the easiest and nicest, so that's my favorite way. Once Rydia gets to level 60, she learns the best black magic spell, Meteo, in most of the other FFs (of the ones I've played), you'd have to have something rare in order to learn the best spells and such.

Yuffie514
03-09-2005, 04:43 AM
FF8's way is the best :jap: . yeah, it's easy :eek: , but some rather have it that way (like me :p )! it's absolutely no pain to go through unless you're lazy :jap: . FF10 is easy too, but you gotta bribe for black-magic spheres and it's quite costly :bgl: .

ShunNakamura
03-09-2005, 05:08 AM
I have always liked the espers... Dunno why but I do, I just wish you wouldn't go so long without magic in that game.. I like magic :(

Kawaii Ryűkishi
03-09-2005, 05:14 AM
I like FFT's system, where you accumulate Job Points and then freely choose which abilities to spend them on. FFIV's system is also great if only for the simplicity of it all, but nothing beats learning a new spell or technique due to plot progression--Tella remembering his spells, being able to summon a monster after having beaten it in battle, that kind of thing.

Snap Jumper
03-09-2005, 05:22 PM
Six's system is the best. You could use the Espers to make any characters you want have magic, but it can also be used like 4's system where certain characters learn spells at a given level. The option of using Espers is a plus.

Sepho
03-09-2005, 05:50 PM
I like to be able to permanantly learn my magic (which is the weak point of both the Materia and Junction systems), and out of all the FF games I've played, I favor the Esper system from FF6.

However, Kishi's explanation of Tactic's system has me thinking it'd probably get my vote if I had played more than a few hours of it. I really need to get my hands on another copy.

The Sphere Grid deserves mentioning. Spending hours trying to complete the grid is the only reason I played FFX so much.

Chris
03-09-2005, 06:56 PM
I like the materia system the most, boring, but that's what I liked the most.

Ultima Shadow
03-09-2005, 07:29 PM
I actually liked the way you get them in FFIX the most. By equipment. :cool:
Ofcourse... the absolutely most genious way is the way you learn them with Blue Mages... :greenie:

DJZen
03-09-2005, 09:10 PM
I liked finding new spells in KH, it makes my heart flutter to get Fira or Gravira by stumbling upon it.

rubah
03-09-2005, 11:59 PM
I hate levelling to learn magic. It's just so stupid and makes me NOT want to level.

Buying them (ff5) was an awesome thing, but learning them works too. (6, X).

Um, and drawing was fun too:D </sarcasm> (although having a stock that actually *does* something was cool. usually my mp just sits there.)

learning them from weapons was probably the next worst though, imo-_-

DarkLadyNyara
03-10-2005, 03:15 PM
I prefer buying the spells. It's conveniant, and since I tend to end up with alot of spare cash for some reason, money isn't usually a problem.

Xander
03-10-2005, 04:19 PM
I really liked learning spells and abilities from weapons in FFIX =)

Zante
03-10-2005, 06:17 PM
I liked magic from materia the most, it was the best in my opinion.

Ichimonji
03-10-2005, 07:55 PM
I thought the Sphere Grid was a fun and interesting concept. I really enjoyed it, actually.

I Don't Need A Name
03-10-2005, 08:42 PM
i liked getting it from equpment as it makes it easyer to use relly good spells when you need them without doing rapid levelling up

Del Murder
03-12-2005, 09:35 PM
I really liked learning spells and abilities from weapons in FFIX =)

PearlRose
03-13-2005, 05:39 AM
From all the methods I've tried, materia and just plain old buying the spells are my favorite ways.

I'm one of those people who hate leveling up with a passion, so learning spells that way is my least favorite way. In my first play with IV, I didn't get much past level 40, so I didn't see *any* of those late-level, super-powerful spells. ^^;

RedCydranth
03-13-2005, 05:39 PM
To me it didn't matter how you got the spells. I liked the games that allowed you to "level up" the spell or make it more powerful. Like in FFX's sphere grid unlocking all the magic spheres made Firaga way more potent. Or equipping an esper to a person not only allowed them to learn the magic but for every level up they recieved while it is equipped the character gained a permanent stat boost. Using that properly made Relm and Sabin magical gods. Yes.. Sabin is best with increased Magic Power, not Vigor.

FFIX was cool, but the only ones who used "magic" was Vivi, Garnet and Eiko. FFVIII sucked, because with patience you could be casting Firaga before the Ifreet cave.

If I were to create a new FF game, I'd most definitely go back to buying spells. I liked that a lot.

chionos
03-13-2005, 06:16 PM
Equipping Espers was a fun way to learn spells. Materia was also fun. "Draw"ing while dynamic is just too silly to be any fun; it degrades into something other than magic when you draw the spell like stealing an item, though it was fun to draw Avatars(GF's). Each method for learning spells is interesting in its own way. Buying your spells is exciting b/c each town you come to might have a new spell. >joy<. And learning spells as you gain levels is exciting b/c you never know when you're going to get your next spell. Very exciting actually, if you can be patient. It's really hard to pick any one over the other, but if I had my choice, I'd be like Ryukishi (http://www.eyesonff.com/forums/member.php?u=284) and accumulate points so that I could pick which spells to learn at my leasure.