PDA

View Full Version : Rise 'n' Shine.

Rainecloud
03-09-2005, 07:33 AM
Do you find waking up to be difficult?

For me, it's becoming more and more difficult to get out of bed in the mornings. I seem a lot more worn out in general, and opening my eyes can be damn near impossible sometimes.

Do you have the same problem in the mornings, or do you spring out of bed as soon as your alarm clock goes off?

Blackmageboi
03-09-2005, 07:36 AM
i spring out of bed i have been up fot twenty minuites and im wide awake:hyper:

Galadrius
03-09-2005, 07:41 AM
Since I moved to San Diego 2 weeks ago I've been getting up 7:30 with no problem at all, but when I lived in Washington it was a struggle to get up before 10 am.

Samuraid
03-09-2005, 07:42 AM
It depends on if I have been up all night or not. If I've had any decent amount of sleep, it's not too hard to get up.

Meat Puppet
03-09-2005, 07:48 AM
It all depends on who I'm waking up to.

DK
03-09-2005, 09:14 AM
"Rise and shine! It's butt whipping time!"

Five points to anyone who can tell me where that's from.

Anyway, yes, I hate waking up.

Polaris
03-09-2005, 09:22 AM
Today my dad had to threat me saying 'I'm gonna bring a glass of water to put in you'... Jesus I hate that!

Boosk
03-09-2005, 09:57 AM
I got up at 6:00am today! But thats only because im pooing myself about a uni interview in a couple of hours!!!!!eeeeeeeeeeeeeeepppp!
but I usually get up at 7am ish cos I gota go to college.
Kagga :love:

Sepho
03-09-2005, 11:19 AM
I wake up really early (it's quarter after 6 in my timezone right now and I've already taken a shower and am messin' around on the forums), because I get up easier when I have gotten less sleep.

After I'm awake, I usually count to a certain number o' Mississippi (usually 15-25) in my head, and at the end of the count I force myself out of bed (or couch, rather).

Rostum
03-09-2005, 11:29 AM
My classes don't start til 2pm, so I can sleep in... have to leave at around 12pm though. When I was in highschool I'd have to get up at 7am.

Tasura
03-09-2005, 11:39 AM
im sick, so i havent slept in the last 4 days but im wide awake, for school i wake up at 6 in the morning, i get out of bed at 6:45.

RSL
03-09-2005, 12:24 PM
It's hard for me to get up, but I usually manage.

Rye
03-09-2005, 12:31 PM
I can barely get out of bed in the morning. :/

Loony BoB
03-09-2005, 12:36 PM
I quite often wake up before my alarm clock goes off so there's no major troubles with that side of things, but getting out of bed proves to be a huge task. The main reason is that my PC is right next to my bed, and I just stay in (or on) my bed instead of using a chair. That means I wake up, check EoFF, LJ, email etc. and then the time just flies - and before I know it, I'm late for work!

Resha
03-09-2005, 12:42 PM
I wake up at 6:15 on school days, and it's horrible. This morning I heard weird noises in the dark as I went to switch off my alarm, and I threw my handphone across the room in panic thinking it was a cockroach. Eeeyuck. It wasn't, though. :)

Oh, and I now have a phobia of a certain Nokia ringtone I used as an alarm for years. I cannot hear it without screaming "TURN THAT THING OFF!!!". Bad memories. :(

YunaGirl05
03-09-2005, 01:43 PM
depends on how much sleep i got it is cold outside my bed and if i'm hungary or have to use the bathroom.

Mindflare
03-09-2005, 02:05 PM
I tend to go to sleep during the early afternoon, and wake up around midnight. Gives me a few hours to wake up. That's how much I hate waking up.

Citizen Bleys
03-09-2005, 02:37 PM
Since I moved to San Diego 2 weeks ago I've been getting up 7:30 with no problem at all, but when I lived in Washington it was a struggle to get up before 10 am.

But isn't 10AM Washington time the same as 6AM San Diego time? Or did you mean Washington state?

I always found it easy to get up early when I went out to Alberta to visit...because for me, it wasn't early at all. I was just operating on Nova Scotia time.

fire_of_avalon
03-09-2005, 03:11 PM
Some days I have to drag myself out of bed, and somedays I just pop right up. Normally, I wake myself up at sometime between 9 and 10AM.

Galadrius
03-09-2005, 05:22 PM
But isn't 10AM Washington time the same as 6AM San Diego time? Or did you mean Washington state?

I always found it easy to get up early when I went out to Alberta to visit...because for me, it wasn't early at all. I was just operating on Nova Scotia time.

I was talking about Seattle, Washington. :p

SeeDRankLou
03-09-2005, 05:34 PM
I am one to hit the Snooze button for at least an hour after my alarm goes off. So I try to set my alarm an hour early and sometimes my body can adjust to that and I'll end up hitting the Snooze button for two hours, but that doesn't always happen. I've even tried putting my alarm clock on the opposite side of the room so that I have to physically get out of bed and walk to the alarm clock to hit the Snooze button, but that doesn't seem to help anything. I have a horrible time getting out of bed, I'm just not a morning person. And it doesn't help if I'm hungry in the morning, because then I have trouble getting out of bed and my stomach hurts.

SoulSeek139
03-09-2005, 05:40 PM
I've gotten to the point where I can grab by clock, half asleep, and turn the alarm off instead of hitting the snooze button. This has become a reaction and I haven't found a clock complex enough that I have to be awake to turn it off. Even then I would probably yank it out of the wall before waking up for it.

Jojee
03-09-2005, 05:41 PM
Me too, Soulseek xD

Also,

It all depends on who I'm waking up to.

Rainecloud
03-09-2005, 05:57 PM
I've gotten to the point where I can grab by clock, half asleep, and turn the alarm off instead of hitting the snooze button. This has become a reaction and I haven't found a clock complex enough that I have to be awake to turn it off. Even then I would probably yank it out of the wall before waking up for it.

Just put the clock at the other end of the room, perhaps?

Sepho
03-09-2005, 06:04 PM
Then it may not be loud enough.

For me, I have to have the clock right next to me in order for it to wake me up.

Dr.K
03-09-2005, 06:47 PM
If the house is very cold when I wake up, I find it very hard to get up. In summer, where you don't get a cold blast as soon as you remove your covers (and it generally being bright for starters), I find it much easier to arise from bed.

Chris
03-09-2005, 06:48 PM
I sleep and wake up whenever I choose!

Mindflare
03-09-2005, 06:50 PM
Just put the clock at the other end of the room, perhaps?
When I was younger, I could get out of bed, walk across the room, turn my alarm off, and go back to bed like nothing ever happened and not remember doing so. That wasn't good.

SoulSeek139
03-09-2005, 07:00 PM
When I was younger, I could get out of bed, walk across the room, turn my alarm off, and go back to bed like nothing ever happened and not remember doing so. That wasn't good.
I used to do that. Now I live in a dorm the size of a closet.

boris no no
03-09-2005, 07:03 PM
i have to get up at 6:30 for uni. most mornings i'm ok but recently i've been really struggling.
i can't sleep at night now, sometimes its 1:30 before i get off. waking at 6:30 is not nice after only 5 hours sleep.
because i work earlies at the weekend i don't get a lie in then. i sleep in on a monday though! my only day i can. :(
i'm so sleepy now....its only 7pm..... :(

Lucky Charms
03-09-2005, 07:57 PM
I don't find it hard to wake up. As soon as the alarm rings off I'm up and ready to go. It's more of getting ready that takes me a while. I take an hour to get ready before I head out.

amratis
03-09-2005, 08:19 PM
I am so mind-numbingly http://forums.eyesonff.com/images/smilies/rpg_009.gifhttp://forums.eyesonff.com/images/smilies/rpg_009.gifhttp://forums.eyesonff.com/images/smilies/rpg_009.gifhttp://forums.eyesonff.com/images/smilies/rpg_009.gif at getting out of bed in the mornings. Honestly...its a complete travesty. I'm almost always late for things on mondays (Monday is my earliest start, lecture at 11am)
So yeah, basically to sum up I'm am useless at waking up in the mornings. I like to lie in for 3 hours :D I'm soooooo lazy sometimes