PDA

View Full Version : Auron's past

Kamrusepas
03-09-2005, 11:07 AM
In the Jecht sphere that shows how Jecht joined Braska and Auron, Braska says "the fallen(?) monk, who refused the hand of the (high?) priest's daughter."

What is this thing?

The Chocobo Warrior
03-09-2005, 11:31 AM
Hmmm...Well, i assume this means that before Auron had to protect Braska on his way to defeat Sin, that Auron was probably Yuna's baby sitter. I mean, By that time, Yuna would have to be at least 7 years old. Auron in love with Yuna? (vomits) I don't think so.

wuglendei
03-09-2005, 11:47 AM
Hmmmm im guessing that ment....wait....auron would have been...20? right? or older? Hmmmmmm well i guess yuna would be 7...them...getting married??? HeHe i guess thats what braska ment...

alexholker
03-09-2005, 12:56 PM
"Let's show them they're wrong."
"A fallen summoner, a man from Zanarkand..."
"and a warrior monk, doomed to obscurity for refusing the hand of the priest's daughter."
"What delightful irony it would be if we defeated Sin!"

The priest in question would just be some random no-name NPC, I think.

Kamrusepas
03-09-2005, 01:06 PM
Yeah, but why is there nothing more told?

alexholker
03-09-2005, 01:57 PM
Er, because it was just back-story, nothing of real importance?

Halenite
03-09-2005, 02:40 PM
Hmmmm im guessing that ment....wait....auron would have been...20? right? or older? Hmmmmmm well i guess yuna would be 7...them...getting married??? HeHe i guess thats what braska ment...

One slight problem with this theory, Braska was never a high priest.

Kamrusepas
03-09-2005, 03:09 PM
Hey hey hey, drop the Yuna theory! :)

And to alexholker:
Then why did they mention it in the first place? It wouldn't have been so hard to add just a little info to it somewhere in the game...

SeeDRankLou
03-09-2005, 05:55 PM
Then why did they mention it in the first place? It wouldn't have been so hard to add just a little info to it somewhere in the game...
I can imagine they mentioned it for the irony of the situation. We know that Braska is a Yevonite who married an Al Bhed woman, that's a big no-no. We know that Jecht, like Tidus, is a man who claims he's a star Blitzball player from Zanarkand, and that's just crazy and sacreligous. So it would only make sense that the third member of this trio be sacreligous is some manner as well. So they say that about Auron. Imagine what would have happened to Yuna had Seymour proposed marriage to her in public and she denounced him. They aren't just two people, they are important figures in society, and they have their roles to play, just as Seymour says. Auron, a warrior monk, was offered the hand of the priest's daughter. The priest isn't just going to offer his daughter to anyone, he chose Auron. It was suppose to be a joyous occassion, give people a bit of happiness, but he refused, which likely did the opposite and cast him out of the people's eye. So it's just to add to the irony of the situation, three people that probably should have been excommunicated from the Yevon faith defeated Sin.

It's funny that when Auron became the guardian of a high summoner that everyone seemed to forget the little details of his obscurity. Same goes for Braska, he became the High Summoner and everyone just seemed to forget that he had married an Al Bhed woman. For that matter, no one seemed to know that Yuna was half Al Bhed herself, or if they did, they didn't mention it since she obviously chose her Yevonite side to follow.

Kamrusepas
03-09-2005, 06:02 PM
Still bothers me, this little detail that seems kinda.... loose.
Come on, why didn't they just give Auron a few lines to explain it? They all saw it in the sphere, why didn't no one ask anything?

Squall of SeeD
03-09-2005, 06:14 PM
Still bothers me, this little detail that seems kinda.... loose.
Come on, why didn't they just give Auron a few lines to explain it? They all saw it in the sphere, why didn't no one ask anything?

Perhaps they felt that the player could infer a reason behind why Auron refused to marry the woman. One possible inference is that had he accepted the hand of the priest's daughter, he would have no longer been allowed to serve as Braska's Guardian. As has been said, this was all about one's role in society. Auron's new status would have required new responsibilities. Another of the Spheres shows that Auron would have become Captain of the Guard had he married the priest's daughter, a position that was given to Kinoc instead:

Auron
"Thanks for everything, Kinoc."

Kinoc
"I know I don't need to tell you this, but guard Lord Braska well."

Auron
"That, I will."
"And you'll be busy, too."
"I heard they made you second-in-command."

[Kinoc sighs and hangs his head]

Kinoc
"You know that promotion was meant for you."
"You were always the better one, even until the end."

He likely wouldn't have been allowed to leave Bevelle on a Pilgrimage had he accepted that responsibility. Perhaps Auron was unwilling to allow his friend to face the Pilgrimage without him.

(Note: We can be certain the position being discussed is Captain of the Guard, as we see Kinoc in charge of Bevelle's forces when the Airship approaches Bevelle to rescue Yuna, and because Shelinda states that she was given that position later in the game when she is shown to be in charge of Bevelle's forces.)

rubah
03-09-2005, 11:45 PM
They didn't give anything more so the B/A/J slashers could have material.

and that's just one scary ship there.

Kamrusepas
03-10-2005, 09:11 AM
Heyyy, what's wrong with slash? ;)

Azure Chrysanthemum
03-10-2005, 05:09 PM
Everyone knows the "badass" character doesn't get a backstory.

Shoden
03-12-2005, 04:37 PM
take Seifer from FF8 and Vincent from FF7 as big examples they should make a sequel with Auron as the main char that revolves around his past

silent_ultima
03-13-2005, 08:36 AM
Everyone knows the "badass" character doesn't get a backstory.
yeah!! if u remember that in FFVIII, they gave Squall all the past stories.. and the plot jumble up.. maybe they don't wanna repeat the same mistakes...

and what's with it? Maybe he was rejecting it because he didn't love her and everyone rejected him except Braska. Who knows? It's now important, ya?