PDA

View Full Version : "Light My Fire"

Armisael
03-09-2005, 01:20 PM
Hey just wondering,how many of you here do you smoke?

I personally don't smoke regularly..3-4 cigarettes a week..What about you?^_^

Meat Puppet
03-09-2005, 01:22 PM
Weekly is regularly, isn't it?

I usually only smoke when I'm out on the town with my friends. Otherwise I tend to avoid it.

Resha
03-09-2005, 01:23 PM
I don't smoke (underage), but I luff the smell of tobacco and cigarette smoke, and my friend's all think I'm insane. Most people seem to hate the smell of cigarette smoke... :(

YunaGirl05
03-09-2005, 01:38 PM
I don't don't plan to either.

FallenAngel411
03-09-2005, 01:42 PM
I watched my grandfather and cousin die because of smoke related complications, and my mom is taking the fast road to lung cancer as well, so I'm not about to go anywhere NEAR a cigarrette.

Rye
03-09-2005, 01:48 PM
My grandma has lost most of her one of her lungs because she had lung cancer from smoking. I hate the smell of smoke and I don't plan on smoking anytime soon. If I do, I'd probably die at 30, since I take in so much smoke second hand anyways from my parents.

Armisael
03-09-2005, 01:49 PM
Weekly is regularly, isn't it?

Well consider that most smokers smoke at least 10-15 cigarettes a day..So 3 cigarettes a week cannot be called :regural smoking",i would better call it "rare smoking" ^_^
And i'm thinking to cut it btw because i participate on the school year races so i bet my trainer won't let me do it...

Sepho
03-09-2005, 01:53 PM
Both of my parents are smokers, and arguments always arise over boundaries when it comes to them smoking. Being exposed to the smoke (the smell of which I'm not a fan of) and watching the health of them and smoker friends deteriorate has ensured that I probably won't ever become a smoker.

Meat Puppet
03-09-2005, 01:58 PM
But you're still smoking on a regular basis. In reply to this threads author.

amratis
03-09-2005, 01:59 PM
No I dont thank god. UuUG I hate smoking it makes me feel physically sick if I smell it either. Thankfully neither of my parents do either. In fact there vehemently *against* smoking. They went nutso at my brother when he started....or when they found out he started as he managed to hide it for about a year.

Mindflare
03-09-2005, 02:00 PM
It provides no benefit to me, and makes things smell horrible. I don't like it, obviously.

mateoff8
03-09-2005, 02:09 PM
my frist cigarrette was when i was 10 years old and i have been smoking ever sence. when you get past all the haken up more than just loogys and throughing up and getting sick all of the time i enjoy it. it calms me down when i am mad and it gives you a hi that no drugs can give you basicly. most of it is all just your mind telling you that you need one. and five cigarrittes a week is not alot i smoke two packs a day so yeay.

Meat Puppet
03-09-2005, 02:30 PM
You'll probably find the reason it calms you down when you're mad; is because you're mad because you're not smoking.

Citizen Bleys
03-09-2005, 02:36 PM
I was in a very good mood quite recently at work. I had a few decent calls with members who had a sense of humour (not only laughed at my jokes, but cracked some of their own). At the outset, I was not angry at all. 3-4 bad calls later, I was furious. You can't tell me that I was mad at the time because I wasn't smoking--I was mad because the people on the phones were being utter dickheads. I went on break, sucked back a cigarette, and I was fine again.

I smoke a little under a half a pack a day.

crono_logical
03-09-2005, 02:37 PM
Um, cigarettes are drugs (well, contains).

Meat Puppet
03-09-2005, 02:44 PM
Alot of the time when people are addicted to something, that something they are addicted to will calm them properly. I'm no expert on the subject, so I have no idea. I can only assume when you haven't got nicotine in your system, you can get mad easier. Or something.

I don't know.

Citizen Bleys
03-09-2005, 02:49 PM
I had nicotine in my system. It was one of those BS sections where I only had like an hour and a half between breaks so that I could go 4 hours in one stretch at the end of my shift.

Erdrick Holmes
03-09-2005, 02:58 PM
I was tempted to start smoking a long time ago because they say it can help eliminate stress. But I'd rater not start because of it's addictive properties, I have enough health problems as it is already.

fire_of_avalon
03-09-2005, 03:06 PM
Nope.

Citizen Bleys
03-09-2005, 03:35 PM
I was tempted to start smoking a long time ago because they say it can help eliminate stress. But I'd rater not start because of it's addictive properties, I have enough health problems as it is already.

It does relieve stress, but it also kills you. Good thing I can't wait to die anyways.

I'll probably quit if I get a job that I don't hate.

Ultima Shadow
03-09-2005, 03:53 PM
I absolutely hate it when people smoke around me. I can't stand smokers and I feel sick by just feeling the smell of it.
Smoking sucks. :oscar: I don't smoke, have never done it and will never do it. It really seems pointless to smoke. :greenie:

DocFrance
03-09-2005, 04:18 PM
It does relieve stress, but it also kills you. Good thing I can't wait to die anyways.

I'll probably quit if I get a job that I don't hate.
You don't have to worry about stress when you're dead, right?

Leeza
03-09-2005, 04:19 PM
No. I do not smoke.

Blackmageboi
03-09-2005, 04:22 PM
the upside to smoking is er..stress releif?
the down side to it is death
you only have to smoke one a day tro become a regular smoker

Craig
03-09-2005, 04:24 PM
I hate everything about smoking, and I will never do it.

Old Manus
03-09-2005, 04:25 PM
No. We all know smoking is for losers and/or sex maniacs. Of which I am neither at the moment.

ravenzero2000
03-09-2005, 04:33 PM
I actually just clicked on this thread because it had the same title as my favorite Doors song. LONG LIVE JIM MORRISON!

m4tt
03-09-2005, 05:20 PM
I only smoke when I'm on fire. :cool:

Galadrius
03-09-2005, 05:23 PM
I smoke about a pack a day and my brand of choice used to be Marlboro but now it's Camel Filters.

SoulSeek139
03-09-2005, 05:29 PM
I hate the habit, but I know some cool people who smoke and I don't hold it against anyone.

T-MaN
03-09-2005, 05:31 PM
Except for relieveing stress, wanting to go to an early grave, and making bad *druggy* friends...are there any other upsides to smoking? Is it worth going through all that aggravation?

Galadrius
03-09-2005, 05:42 PM
Except for relieveing stress, wanting to go to an early grave, and making bad *druggy* friends...are there any other upsides to smoking? Is it worth going through all that aggravation?

Not all people who do drugs are inherently bad. That's kind of an archaic viewpoint. Me and my friends smoke weed and do shrooms on occasion, but we're still good people.

Rainecloud
03-09-2005, 05:54 PM
I don't smoke, and I don't like hanging around with people who do smoke.

Nothing personal, I just value my own health. It's a shame people are so addicted to cigarettes, and I do feel sorry for them. Steps are being taken in my country to completely eliminate smoking from all public areas. This will hopefully become a reality in the near future, as I'm sick of breathing in other people's death gas at the bus stop.

Rye
03-09-2005, 05:57 PM
I don't smoke, and I don't like hanging around with people who do smoke.

Nothing personal, I just value my own health. It's a shame people are so addicted to cigarettes, and I do feel sorry for them. Steps are being taken in my country to completely eliminate smoking from all public areas. This will hopefully become a reality in the near future, as I'm sick of breathing in other people's death gas at the bus stop.

Yeah, I think NY has banned people from smoking in any public buildings. I like that idea a lot. People can smoke and bring themselves to an early grave, but bringing other smoke free people with them is not good at all.

Zell's Fists of Fury
03-09-2005, 06:42 PM
My brother's uncle's roommate's father's dog trainer dies because he was somking when he got hit by a bus and I like to beathe clean air and I like to feel superior to all smokers and I especially like to tell every smoker I see how it's going to kill them eventually, y'know, in case they haven't heard that fact a thousand times before, and I value my health and other such crap and I won't even go within a ten foot radius of smokers, but I want to live thankyouverymuch and I realize I could have just said "No, I don't smoke" but I felt that a really long lecture to make you regret smoking/making this thread was more necessary because as a non-smoker it is my inherit duty to make everyone with a cigarette feel like a diseased rodent.

:)

Dr.K
03-09-2005, 06:45 PM
Nopey

Zeldy
03-09-2005, 06:50 PM
i dont smoke, im underage, but i see people my age smoking, and it disturbs me, This lad walked past me in class and he stank of smoke.. and there 12-13.
Im not going to smoke,ever. Ive watched my Grandma die from smoking, its pointless.

mateoff8
03-09-2005, 06:54 PM
camel filter are the best kind of cigarrette and to meat puppet what you seid is like me saying dont read in the dark because you will hert your eyes.

dont judge untill you try

Do not double post. Use the edit/delete button. ~ Leeza

SoulSeek139
03-09-2005, 07:04 PM
My brother's uncle's roommate's father's dog trainer dies because he was somking when he got hit by a bus and I like to beathe clean air and I like to feel superior to all smokers and I especially like to tell every smoker I see how it's going to kill them eventually, y'know, in case they haven't heard that fact a thousand times before, and I value my health and other such crap and I won't even go within a ten foot radius of smokers, but I want to live thankyouverymuch and I realize I could have just said "No, I don't smoke" but I felt that a really long lecture to make you regret smoking/making this thread was more necessary because as a non-smoker it is my inherit duty to make everyone with a cigarette feel like a diseased rodent.

Ummm mission accomplished?

Destai
03-09-2005, 07:09 PM
I only hold it against people who take it up just to say they do. I dont plan on starting.

Mindflare
03-09-2005, 07:14 PM
dont judge untill you try

Have you ever jumped from a 36th story window? Easy to judge that as bad without trying it.

Having never done it, you still know it would harm you, and it's not something you want to do based on research done officially, and the generally declining health of those who smoke. There isn't any real reason for smoking in itself. People who start smoking gain a reason to do so, and therefore, they do. They like doing it. Just like people who have never don't feel the need to [insert enjoyable action]. Example: A good video game. Let's say, I've never played Everquest. There are those who never [i]stop playing it. Yet to those who don't play it, they think it is silly, and simply consumes your life. Same for smoking. People who haven't smoked look at it as an annoyance, and those who do smoke think there is nothing wrong.

In this case, I happen to be on the side of those who don't smoke. I can't say I've tried it, but I've always been exposed to it. Both my parents are chain smokers. I see no joy in it, and I see no benefit in it, therefore, I'm content with not doing it.

mateoff8
03-09-2005, 07:27 PM
you dont know if you will like untill you try it. for those 5 seconds that your in the air it might be really fun just that will kill you way faster than smoking.

i get into games so much that i have to have a smoke when i play Example: play silent hill 3 scared me. so i had to have a smoke and go take some zanex and the other part of my time i am working on music and thats really stresful but i love doing it when i go to a party and i get a little drity with the other girls i have to have smoke after because i just work so hard to do the best i can. (READ MY SIGNATURE).

Do Not Double Post. ~ Leeza

Ultima Shadow
03-09-2005, 07:44 PM
you dont know if you will like untill you try it.
Well... if you get sick by feeling the smell of smoke and can't stand being around smokers just because they smell like crapp all the time... then I think you're able to judge without trying it.

mateoff8
03-09-2005, 08:00 PM
good point and if you can stay away from smoking when you have smoked before than you have good self controll and more power to ya.

Ultima Shadow
03-09-2005, 08:03 PM
I'll never even try. It would just make me throw up all day. :barf:

The Captain
03-09-2005, 08:21 PM
I do not smoke, nor will I ever smoke. I have no need for them, nor do I see a need for them. There are billions of better ways to relieve stress than to smoke, in my opinion.

In the end, all smoking does is destroy your body, and there's no benefit in that.

Take care all.

Faris
03-09-2005, 08:42 PM
I don't smoke, and like most people here, I don't plan to. I despise the smell of some of my classmates who come in after a smoke :barf: It really does smell bad.
I don't have anything against people who do, I didn't even bother signing a pettion to get rid of cigaretts in my area. I was astonished that smokers did though :O_O:

muchacho
03-09-2005, 08:50 PM
I actually just clicked on this thread because it had the same title as my favorite Doors song. LONG LIVE JIM MORRISON!

HAHAHAHA ME TOO!

i hate ciggarette smoke, but i think ill end up trying it. i smoke cigars only on the weekends. and as for marijuana, ive never tried it, but i think i will at least once in my life.

Rye
03-09-2005, 09:01 PM
HAHAHAHA ME TOO!

i hate ciggarette smoke, but i think ill end up trying it. i smoke cigars only on the weekends. and as for marijuana, ive never tried it, but i think i will at least once in my life.

Mucha, just say NO!

Dragon Ash
03-09-2005, 09:04 PM
I think my friends smoke because they think it makes them look 'cool'.

Yeah... how 'cool' is it to have yellow fingers and teeth, filthy ashtrays all over your house, stinking clothes/hair/furniture/everything and to top it all off there's the whole hocking up unspeakable substances from your diseased lungs.

Yup...

Ouch!
03-09-2005, 09:04 PM
The smell of smoke makes me sick. I can't stand being anywhere near the smoking section in a resteraunt because I won't be able to eat my food.

So that's a firm no.

m4tt
03-09-2005, 09:17 PM
People around my office smoke outside the doors. It's so great to walk outside and get a big ol breathe of cancer stick smoke. I LOVE IT! :rolleyes2

Those people reek all day long, I can't stand being near them. They are inconsiderate in my mind. They figure since they are killing themselves, they might as well kill everyone around them too. Thanks a lot!

Tasura
03-09-2005, 09:30 PM
i have never smoked and i never will smoke.

T-MaN
03-09-2005, 09:34 PM
Not all people who do drugs are inherently bad. That's kind of an archaic viewpoint. Me and my friends smoke weed and do shrooms on occasion, but we're still good people.

That post that I had made was directed to those who smoke. I didn't really want to show a viewpoint. I just wanted to know whether or not there are any other upsides to it cuz' this is all I know 'bout smoking.

People on previous posts said that relieving stress and dying early was an upside to it. I have heard that you make new "friends" by smoking too. I was only wondering whether or not smokers think that there are any other good things 'bout smoking, and also if it is really worth it to them.

Zell's Fists of Fury
03-09-2005, 09:41 PM
Ummm mission accomplished?
It was sarcasm.

Galadrius
03-09-2005, 09:53 PM
People on previous posts said that relieving stress and dying early was an upside to it. I have heard that you make new "friends" by smoking too. I was only wondering whether or not smokers think that there are any other good things 'bout smoking, and also if it is really worth it to them.

Who would honestly start smoking just to make new friends? That's possibly the most ridiculous thing I've ever heard, not saying that you are, just the idea. There are no real 'good things' about smoking - let's face it, it's terribly bad for and it makes you and your clothes stink. It's just something I do because I have a lot of free time and it's also a social thing. When I'm out and about with my friends, it's just natural for me to smoke, and them aswell.

Citizen Bleys
03-10-2005, 01:52 PM

/salute

You, sir, are a gentleman and a scholar.

Armisael
03-10-2005, 02:42 PM
No. We all know smoking is for losers and/or sex maniacs. Of which I am neither at the moment.
So what,the 70% of population is like this? :rolleyes2

And to all these that judging smoking before try it,it's different how it smell and how it tastes...

mateoff8
03-10-2005, 04:56 PM
[QUOTE=dark_angel]So what,the 70% of population is like this?

yes i am one of those losers. i have been called worse.
All of you eoff members that are on the negitive side of smoking, you shouldn't judge somone on how he or she looks like, dresses like, or even smells like, you should be more positive. Because i am a feak. and i was that little kid on the bus getting picked on all the so all i am saying is, be a little nicer please.

T-MaN
03-10-2005, 05:04 PM
Who would honestly start smoking just to make new friends? That's possibly the most ridiculous thing I've ever heard, not saying that you are, just the idea.

There are some lonely ppl out there who make friends by starting to smoke. That's an actual fact.

mateoff8
03-10-2005, 05:13 PM
yes there really are. So i tell you what all those ppl that just want a friend messege me. because i use to be that lonley and its not fun. in stead of degrading you need to be more suportive.

DMKA
03-10-2005, 06:51 PM
Never smoked, never will. Everyone in my family but me does though. o_O

Leene
03-10-2005, 07:52 PM
You know that i do not smoke! :catsmile:
:save: But i do not have problem with those who smoke. :save:

Mr. Graves
03-10-2005, 08:59 PM
I'll never smoke. Don't see any benefits, and I don't see any reason to start.

I find that exercise is a great stress reliever, anyways.

Fate Fatale
03-10-2005, 09:16 PM
nope, but I do like the smell of gasoline at the gas station...

Nod
03-10-2005, 10:05 PM
i smoke occasionally- normally when im out on the lash. because smoking is cool. FACT.:p :roll: :p

boris no no
03-10-2005, 10:15 PM
gave up smoking last year....
sometime i get such cravings. especially when i'm having a bad or stressful day.
plus i either smoke menthol (sick, i know) or roll ups. the fact that i can't roll to save my life!
my ex was a heavy smoker so if i start again i'll never get him to quit.

Silmaril
03-11-2005, 08:42 AM
I'm against smoking.

Samuraid
03-11-2005, 09:13 AM
I don't smoke.

As for relieving stress, drinking works very well...as long as you are careful and don't drink too much. :D

in stead of degrading you need to be more suportive.

Actually, no one needs to support you. Anyone is free to disagree, but they should do so respectfully. :)

Polaris
03-11-2005, 09:29 AM
Well actually 3 ciggarets a week, is very little I have frineds who smoke 3 ciggaretts each break! I don't smoke but do what a frined of mine is doing to stop smoking, just smoke a bit of ur friends don't buy nothing....

Shlup
03-11-2005, 09:41 AM
I used to smoke socially, then habitually, then I quit, then I smoked at Cid's New Years party and my boyfriend got mad at me so I'm not allowed to ever smoke again. ;_;

eden knight
03-12-2005, 12:00 PM
I can't say that i smoke regurarly too,only when i hang out with my friend i smoke one cigarette or two(that means usually the weekends)

Fire_Emblem776
05-01-2005, 07:50 AM
uh no never tabaco. AT least Mj isnt as bad for your health is it?

Yamaneko
05-01-2005, 08:04 AM
I'm pretty sure it is. Anyway, please don't revive old threads.