PDA

View Full Version : Outlook Express accounts into folders

Xander
03-09-2005, 07:09 PM
I want to know if it's possible for emails sent to different accounts set up in outlook to go into different folders. So, not all going into the Inbox. Just cos we get loads of mail and I'd like all of them to my own address to go into one folder. Is that possible?

Endless
03-09-2005, 07:41 PM
Make the folder, then tools > message rules > mail > check "where the message is from specified account", then check "move to specified folder" then in the text box, click on specify to choose the account, then to choose the folder. Finally, name the rule. Click ok, then either "apply now" or ok.

Xander
03-14-2005, 11:39 AM
Cool, thanks a lot. =)

Citizen Bleys
03-14-2005, 12:40 PM
If you have multiple email accounts in Outlook Express, it's highly reccomended that you set up a separate identity for each--that way, if you ever get any error messages for any reason (i.e., you use Norton Antivirus, it'll happen sooner or later), you know exactly which account is having the problem--plus you'll be able to easily sort out your email based on which address it was sent to, since each identity has its own separate inbox, contact list, etc.

Go to File->Identities->Create new identity to create a new identity, and File->Switch Identity to use it.

If you need to copy the contacts list, it's stored as a file on your computer...most likely contacts.dbx. Just do a search for it.

Xander
03-14-2005, 01:14 PM
That sounds good, I'll try it when I'm home.