PDA

View Full Version : CSS Annoyance

Mindflare
03-09-2005, 09:08 PM
I'm having severe trouble with CSS. I want to apply a style to my tables that makes them look a certain way. After much research, I have come to the conclusion that what I want can't be done. For something so simple (seeming), this frightens me. If there is indeed a way, I want to know. I simply want my tables to look something like this:

http://www.angelfire.com/pa4/mindflare/temp/table.pn_

A 1 pixel border on all sides for all cells (the image I used as the example screwed up, I want a normal bottom border, same as all other borders). The code looks like this right now:

table{
border-width: 1px;
border-style: solid;
bordercolor: #000000;}
This almost works, except that the "solid" style seems to kill all inside borders. Thanks for any help in advance.

crono_logical
03-09-2005, 10:19 PM
Try some sort of cell spacing of 1 pixel? *guessing* :p

Mindflare
03-09-2005, 10:39 PM
No luck. But thankya. XD

Samuraid
03-10-2005, 12:25 AM
Border types can be none, dotted, dashed, solid, double, groove, ridge, inset, and outset. You should try all of those for border types on your table and see if any of them give you the desired results.

Mindflare
03-10-2005, 10:42 PM
I tried all of those types, they all didn't work. When I put 1px solid borders onto TD, I got broken inside borders, which is close to what I want, but I don't want the spacing between them. I can't figure any way to get rid of that space. I'm about to just give up on it and start using generic tables, as ugly as they are.