PDA

View Full Version : I might have an AC release date.....

zimmunky
03-10-2005, 02:37 AM
http://1up.shopping.com/xFS?KW=Advent+Children

this says may 1, but then again it says psp, so i have no idea. especially considering that the same site says march 14 and may 1 but whatever. tell me what you think.

CloudStrife48
03-10-2005, 05:10 AM
mmmmmmm I won't say anything, speculation is speculation.... it would be nice if i came out on May 1st tho... it would be like a birthday present to me since my Bday is May 3rd

amratis
03-10-2005, 12:35 PM
Yah, I'm going to say anything either, I really dont think its coming out in Japan on March 14th, I mean, there still hasnt been any offical word and surely there would have been by now? I'm just gonna wait and see, as much as that is annoying to say. I'll only work myself up about it if I do otherwise.......god I cant wait to see it though :love: :D

Shoden
03-11-2005, 10:52 PM
May 1st would probably be release date for the jap PSP

approx end of may for USA release by my estimations.

the PSP does seem good but the NDS completely pwns it but i'm saving this all for another forum

wuglendei
03-14-2005, 12:05 AM
FF:AC is commin out MARCH 14~!~ Gahhhh~ Wait...or is that the japanese release date? Curse them people for geettin everything before us!! HeHe

BackRoomKid
03-14-2005, 05:47 AM
march 14th is this monday (tomorrow), that release date is outta here....may seems reasonable...near summer time...please, let it be may

deejay
03-14-2005, 01:29 PM
Lolz...
Its already 14th March..still no news about FFAC
Well..i guess it should be realeased on the 1 of May then...kinda long time to wait >.<

amratis
03-14-2005, 01:46 PM
Hey its supposed to come out today!! .....NOT. Oh well, guess we're all left in the lurch for alittle bit longer guys. I wish they'd give us some kind of concrete date. So far theres just the info about the PSP, coming out on...April 14th was it? and AC being one of the subsequent monthly release's on it

Cloud72789
03-14-2005, 06:13 PM
This whole thing is really making Square-Enix lose my respect.. I always thought they were very well, put together, people.. But now they can't even make up their minds on one single release date! They're just losing it.. becoming disorganised.. So sad.

TheAbominatrix
03-15-2005, 02:44 AM
This whole thing is really making Square-Enix lose my respect.. I always thought they were very well, put together, people.. But now they can't even make up their minds on one single release date! They're just losing it.. becoming disorganised.. So sad.

Uh... just because people have been spitting out fake release dates left and right doesnt mean Square has been.

Squall of SeeD
03-15-2005, 04:07 AM
Uh... just because people have been spitting out fake release dates left and right doesnt mean Square has been.

Perhaps they're referring to the fact that it was originally slated for release last Summer, then in the Fall, then "maybe in the Winter," and now "probably in the Spring" -- each time according to Square-Enix. I wouldn't call it a case of them being disorganized, however, so much as them wanting to ensure that it's as of as good quality as they're capable of putting forth. One of those delays was also a result of Tetsuya Nomura being of ill health.

amratis
03-16-2005, 12:26 AM
I wouldn't call it a case of them being disorganized, however, so much as them wanting to ensure that it's as of as good quality as they're capable of putting forth.

This is what I thought too, they dont want to release it until they've gotten everything as right as they possibly can. Theres so much hype about the movie, and it will never live up to some ppl's expectations but I dont think theres much wrong with them simply wanting to make it something that the fans can watch and think afterwards "Hey, that was really good, they really put some effort into that" Instead of thinking, "well, you can see they rushed that out before it was ready". Because that would only lead to dissapointment.

Cloud72789
03-16-2005, 02:39 AM
You know, for some reason I've been wondering if they're going to release it in Japan, USA, and UK at the same time... I wish. :P

TheAbominatrix
03-16-2005, 02:51 AM
I'd doubt it, but that would most certainly be interesting.

claw
03-19-2005, 06:19 AM
i read its comin out this summer on june 22.

Shoden
03-19-2005, 12:26 PM
they would have already made the english version with all this time delays it gets released in japan this month or next and USA about June/July making england October but i can get imported copies meh heh heh

Destai
03-19-2005, 01:21 PM
Oh for god sake, the reason its been so long is because the movies longer. It wasnt even going to be half an hour originally. Theyve made it just more than an hour and a half of pure CG and theyre doing everything in making the movie properly(voices, music etc.). Youd be bitching just as much if they released a 20 minute Dvd on the original release date.

meowwl
03-19-2005, 02:09 PM
I've noticed that a lot of theses bogus release dates are coming from 1up.com..well, lets all give 1up.com a big 1up theirs! :tongue:

Greiver205
03-19-2005, 03:01 PM
I would rather wait longer to buy it than to buy it sooner and get a short film thats only in Japanese or something.

Shoden
03-19-2005, 03:49 PM
yeah and its not as if its out in 2008 or something its released in english within may-December 2005 thats what we're almost certain about

Greiver205
03-19-2005, 04:04 PM
I'm pretty sure that it will be out before my summer vacation ends about September 8...so hopefully i can watch it when schools out :D

amratis
03-19-2005, 06:11 PM
i read its comin out this summer on june 22.

Ok, someone else said this too. Flying Mullet I think, WHERE did you read this? 1up.com?

Greiver205
03-20-2005, 02:20 PM
I dont follow that website its full of BS

amratis
03-21-2005, 12:11 AM
Yeah I know, thats my point.

Flying Mullet
03-21-2005, 02:05 PM
And honestly I pulled that date out of thin air. I figure it is just as valid as every other date that people have said.

amratis
03-21-2005, 02:52 PM
Thanks for clearing that up, I was beginning to wonder :D

*sigh* Its never coming out, its all a hoax

Camanche
03-21-2005, 03:46 PM
I vote we induct a rule that we can't talk about the release date until it has actually been released in Japan. ;)

cloud20747
03-22-2005, 01:33 AM
I vote we induct a rule that we can't talk about the release date until it has actually been released in Japan. ;)
I Second that!

Raven Nox
03-22-2005, 01:43 AM
I've noticed that a lot of theses bogus release dates are coming from 1up.com..well, lets all give 1up.com a big 1up theirs! :tongue:

This is how I feel

amratis
03-22-2005, 03:46 AM

I'd third this, as all these 'ooooh whens it gonna come out' posts/threads are getting annoying. But it wont work, the squi-ing fanboys will never give up asking til they actually have a copy in their hand.

Greiver205
03-24-2005, 12:20 AM
żżżż hey anyone know when its coming out ???? ...hahaha

meowwl
03-24-2005, 02:38 PM
I just wanna feed my Sephiroth obsession some more...btw..I don't EVER squeee about anything..I don't think I've squeeed about anything since I was 4 or 5 years old...it's a disgusting habit, and too undignified...of course, I'm probably the oldest fangirl on these forums at 30, so my dignity is probably more important to me.

TifaLockhart7
03-26-2005, 11:38 PM
Hey its supposed to come out today!! .....NOT. Oh well, guess we're all left in the lurch for alittle bit longer guys. I wish they'd give us some kind of concrete date. So far theres just the info about the PSP, coming out on...April 14th was it? and AC being one of the subsequent monthly release's on it
i heard, on the internet, that it was coming out in the u.s. for psp and dvd format on march 24th...

Shoden
03-26-2005, 11:42 PM
it hasnt even been released in Japan yet so why would it be in the US that early

i've managed to find October 16th for the US at latest on an interview with square enix in an article i found

TifaLockhart7
03-26-2005, 11:47 PM
it hasnt even been released in Japan yet so why would it be in the US that early

i've managed to find October 16th for the US at latest on an interview with square enix in an article i foundoh well then i guess the websites i found that were pointing to advent children being released on march 24th were all phonies as well as the web posts i found about it being released on March 14th hmph...i WISH they could find out the REAL answer and not just find one then right away believe its true...

Camanche
03-27-2005, 02:02 AM
You're not allowed to talk/ask about the release date until has actually been released in Japan. It's, like, the unwritten rule man. ;)

amratis
03-27-2005, 02:59 AM
oh well then i guess the websites i found that were pointing to advent children being released on march 24th were all phonies as well as the web posts i found about it being released on March 14th hmph...i WISH they could find out the REAL answer and not just find one then right away believe its true...

Every release date so far has been completely phoney. They're all made up, apart from the one time they said it was going to be release Summer2004, and that was in the actual trailers. And then that got postponed. That was the only one that was real for any period of time.

Cloud_Strider
03-27-2005, 03:21 AM
With all the crap coming from 1up, I refuse to use them as a source anymore. Just by putting their name down is an embarrassement. I wouldn't say anything yet about any release dates. Once I hear something solid from Square itself, I'll post it. And about Camanche's rule, I'll go with that. But I will break it if I find the release date.
For the past few months, everything has been near-frozen concerning Advent Children news... and I highly doubt I'll report news from ffshrine or 1up... Damn... I thing I put 7up on my last news posting :eek:

Nova Briar
03-27-2005, 03:55 AM
For the past few months, everything has been near-frozen concerning Advent Children news... and I highly doubt I'll report news from ffshrine or 1up... Damn... I thing I put 7up on my last news posting :eek:
Mwahaha...I'll remember that and pick on you. :tongue: Seriously, though, I wouldn't be surprised if Squenix has cracked down on AC info leaks solely because there have been so many false rumors flying around. I think the only release date I'll trust from here on is the official one that comes straight from Squenix HQ.

FFShiva
03-27-2005, 02:40 PM
http://1up.shopping.com/xFS?KW=Advent+Children

this says may 1, but then again it says psp, so i have no idea. especially considering that the same site says march 14 and may 1 but whatever. tell me what you think.
Im not sure i heard ac was comming for jap in april but i hav no idea about us though.....I also heard it was gonna be for psp.

cloud20747
03-27-2005, 10:26 PM
*say really low* rumor has it, that Advent children releases on August 14, 2005. But I don't believe it, do you.....

amratis
03-27-2005, 10:52 PM
Definetly not. I dont believe anything anymore.

cloud20747
03-27-2005, 11:23 PM
yeah to believe anyone on a release date for this movie is stupid. I'm just praying that on April 1st, square-enix doesn't have a press conference saying APRIL FOOLS cause I think I'll go crazy!!!!

Nova Briar
03-28-2005, 01:03 AM
I'm just praying that on April 1st, square-enix doesn't have a press conference saying APRIL FOOLS cause I think I'll go crazy!!!!

Heh...that WOULD be funny, in a sadistic black-comedy sorta way. But if they did that, they'd make themselves look horribly unprofessional.

amratis
03-28-2005, 02:47 PM
Not to mention the fact that they would all get visciously murdered. By me. :shoot: :chop:

Cloud_Strider
03-28-2005, 05:27 PM
Time to start an anger management forum. Members: 1 Member: Amratis

cloud20747
03-28-2005, 06:43 PM
Member # 2 : Cloud20747
Yeah I'll kill em all! so if that does happen, I got your back

Nova Briar
03-28-2005, 07:50 PM
No, no, no! :eek: Kill everyone who works for Squenix and not only will AC never really get released, but on top of that, there'll be no more Final Fantasy games (or any of the other Squenix RPG games, some of which are also pretty good), EVER!

New plan: 1)Storm Squenix building; 2)eliminate security guards; 3)Take over Squenix in order to gain sneak peeks at new projects whenever we want; 4)Order out for pizza before settling down to watch one of the AC films which are doubtless lying around there somewhere. Whaddya think?

Cloud_Strider
03-28-2005, 08:40 PM
And we'll charge the pizzas to EA Games.

BackRoomKid
03-28-2005, 10:18 PM
^^^sinister plan