PDA

View Full Version : Paladin job?

vireblaze
03-10-2005, 10:02 PM
I was wondering...Do I need to be a Warrior to unlock Paladin?

Vaprice
03-11-2005, 01:04 AM
You can be anything you want to. Just have to be level 30.

Wyllius
03-11-2005, 01:38 AM
I can answer your question quite simply, if you do not sub Warrior as a Paladin, you will NEVER get any exp from a pt, I'm hopeful that not even Valkurm dunes noobs will invite you. PLD/WAR is ABSOLUTELY NON CHANGEABLE FOR EXP, WITHOUT WAR SUB YOU ARE USELESS.

To your actual question, it would be wise to play warrior to 30 as you can then level PLD to lvl 60 and have a fully leveled subjob, however you can use any job to get it as long as it's 30.

DO NOT EVEN THINK ABOUT NOT BEING A PLD WITHOUT WAR SUB.

The rant isn't directed at you, but I've noticed a hell of a lot more War/whms slipping through the dunes into Qufim/Kazham without being stopped and forced to change sub or delevel to 1. The only way to stop it is to do as I do with my whm, refuse to pt with them, one guy today was a freakin' Galka War/Whm the "It's only until I get 30 and XXX job" doesn't work with me. War/Whm = No Exp.

lordblazer
03-11-2005, 02:11 AM
I can answer your question quite simply, if you do not sub Warrior as a Paladin, you will NEVER get any exp from a pt, I'm hopeful that not even Valkurm dunes noobs will invite you. PLD/WAR is ABSOLUTELY NON CHANGEABLE FOR EXP, WITHOUT WAR SUB YOU ARE USELESS.

To your actual question, it would be wise to play warrior to 30 as you can then level PLD to lvl 60 and have a fully leveled subjob, however you can use any job to get it as long as it's 30.

DO NOT EVEN THINK ABOUT NOT BEING A PLD WITHOUT WAR SUB.

The rant isn't directed at you, but I've noticed a hell of a lot more War/whms slipping through the dunes into Qufim/Kazham without being stopped and forced to change sub or delevel to 1. The only way to stop it is to do as I do with my whm, refuse to pt with them, one guy today was a freakin' Galka War/Whm the "It's only until I get 30 and XXX job" doesn't work with me. War/Whm = No Exp.
okay.... he can always solo it with two BST.lol.I did that with my WAR and my Bard.

vireblaze
03-11-2005, 05:11 PM
I don't want Warrior sub, I want Black Mage sub when I'm a Paladin. I'm like a...Magic/Fighting person. So I like to attack, but also to use magic to either use black magic to damage enemies, or white magic to help allies. *sigh* The truth is...I don't have FFXI. I want to get it, but the internet where I live is to slow... *sob* I want to play it SOOOOO bad!

Misfit
03-11-2005, 06:05 PM
I don't want Warrior sub, I want Black Mage sub when I'm a Paladin. I'm like a...Magic/Fighting person.
That is so stupid. A Paladin is a tank, in order for your Paladin to tank properly you'll need a Warrior subjob so you can use Provoke. Damnit.

Go RDM if you wanna be a magic/fighting person.

*reads the rest of your post*
Oh, okay. Nevermind.

vireblaze
03-11-2005, 07:00 PM
Paladin is basically a Holy Knight class, and that's why I like it so much.

Misfit
03-11-2005, 07:13 PM
*patpat*

vireblaze
03-11-2005, 08:10 PM
Never in my life have I played on online video game. I so want to try this one out, because I love Final Fantasy.

Citizen Bleys
03-11-2005, 09:20 PM
Nevertheless, if I ever saw a pld/blm with an invite flag up, unless they had a comment that clearly proved that it was a joke, I would blacklist them immediately.

Lionx
03-12-2005, 01:59 AM
Jobs in the MMO world need to be balanced and have a role they excel in. Otherwise, it would be a RDM before they get Refresh and Dispel in their spell list that other mages dont have. Uninvited because why do we need a RDM when a WHM and BLM can do all your jobs better? Because you can do em all? Bah just invite a real WHM and BLM and get better results.

A PLD is a tank that can hold hate the best, hence they will need a WAR sub because WAR is the only job that has the ability of Provoke. Without it, you cant hold hate well enough. PLD/BLM is good for solo only when you need to Warp.

Your support job, is to support your main job. Hence a PLD/BLM does not work in a party situation.

If you want to do what you listed, be RDM or a DRK. A PLD has crappy attack anyway as Sword does not do alot of dmg, and in a PT they invite you to be a tank hence you will focus on Defensive gear and not Attack.

Quistis79
03-16-2005, 11:29 AM
Hi!
Just a question about Paladin weaponry. Since I've read that Paladin should equip sword+shield am I gonna be screwed since I'm using axe+shield and gaxe for my Warrior? Should I go for sword instead of axe even as a Warrior?

*EDIT* Just one little thing, how do I know when my skill is capped?

Citizen Bleys
03-16-2005, 12:24 PM
Not at all--Axe&shield / GAxe is the ideal combination for warriors.

Remember that you're going to be WAR30 before even unlocking PLD--it'll be easy to skill up your sword skill on Too Weak http://forums.eyesonff.com/images/smilies/rpg_009.gifhttp://forums.eyesonff.com/images/smilies/rpg_009.gifhttp://forums.eyesonff.com/images/smilies/rpg_009.gifhttp://forums.eyesonff.com/images/smilies/rpg_009.gif to the point where it'll be capped as pld all the way to the Dunes. Once you reach party levels, you'll have no trouble keeping it capped in-party as you'll be using only one weapon. (Really, for melee classes, you should be able to keep at least two weapons capped. I have no trouble keeping Great Katana and Archery capped as a samurai)

vireblaze
03-29-2005, 03:36 AM
I totally changed my mind. I wanna be a Samurai! Wohoo!

Fullmonty
03-29-2005, 05:15 AM
umm... PL/WAR IS interchangable with PLD/NIN if you have a THF for TA. i did static with PLD/NIN from 60-75 and it worked great, used all his ablilities and ninja tools to keep hate and rarely lost it

Citizen Bleys
03-29-2005, 09:49 AM
I totally changed my mind. I wanna be a Samurai! Wohoo!

Good call.

Usually you need WAR sub on a samurai, though. Post 20, RNG will do as well, and after 30, you can use THF, but you'll lose out a lot of invites if you don't have WAR subbed. RNG and THF are optional.

Fullmonty
03-30-2005, 12:09 AM
after 60, i wouldnt invite a SAM if he didnt have thf subbed, SATA tach:yakuzi is pwnage

Lionx
03-30-2005, 12:22 AM
THF sub is only applicable if the SAM loads up on STR for his WS, else its just not worth the price of Berserk and Double Attack which over time does more dmg than a SATA.

Unfortunetly PLD/NIN is not the norm and most people wont like the lost of provoke.

Fullmonty
03-30-2005, 12:51 AM
i dont like to have "normal" parties it gets old and boring, spice it up babay!

Lionx
03-30-2005, 01:01 AM
Which is why i said its not practical as not everyone has a static party with a THF.

vireblaze
04-01-2005, 04:16 AM
I like Samurais because of their katanas. I'm just so attracted to katanas, y'know? Samurais also look cool.

UltimateSpamGrover
04-01-2005, 06:31 PM
Just keep in mind you gotta do a lot of travelling to unlock the Samurai Job.

vireblaze
04-04-2005, 09:20 PM
Okay I have a problem. Here's a question: What should I be? A Paladin, Dark Knight, Ninja, or Samurai? I like all four, so that's the problem! Isn't a Paladin sorta like a Holy Knight? Dark Knight is strong, and I like attacking, but I also like helping team members. I am totally stuck between all four! Help me out!

Fullmonty
04-05-2005, 12:28 AM
Personally after i did BLM to 75, i took DRG to 75, people just dont appreciate the flexibility of a DRG, you can get hate and lose it as needed. For instance, if you see that a PLD is about to die you can buy time for him by voking, taking a few hits and then high jumping or super jumping depending on how much hate you have, if you sub WHM, you can use TP to get wyvern to do healing breath on anyone under 50% HP after lvl 60. If you want to do massive DMG and control hate better you can sub THF, and SATA your regular WS or jump to do massive DMG, DRG is really fun for melee job in my opinion because it never gets old since you can sub so many different things, but if you wanna try em all you will probably need a static that is comfortable with you like i had. Hope this post maybe helps ya

Lionx
04-05-2005, 02:19 AM
What do YOU wanna be?

A Paladin and Ninja are tanks, Ninja being the more expensive one and more harder to level up but negate dmg for the most part because of it.

A Dark Knight is a slow damaging hit, which doesnt shine as often until lvl 66, while SAM is a renkei master, you renkei as much as possible with other DDs until the heavy hitting Tachi's at the higher lvls. Per hit they arent as strong as a DRK for instance.

Take your pick.

vireblaze
04-06-2005, 04:28 AM
I choose...Ninja! :chop:

lordblazer
04-06-2005, 05:01 AM
Never in my life have I played on online video game. I so want to try this one out, because I love Final Fantasy.
You should check out other mmorpg's out of relaly a lot of the ones i've played FF11 feels more like a job than a game.Thus why i don't go on it as often lol.

Lionx
04-06-2005, 08:55 AM
This is a thread about his job @_@ he will find out sooner or later if he likes FFXI and will stick with it or not. Some of us find it fun, others dont, its not for everyone thats for sure.

Ninja is expensive because every cast of ninjutsu you need powders bought either from NPC or the AH. You will primarily use the powder Shihei which is used in casting Utsusemi. All at the same time you need to keep hate by subbing WAR and provoking and in addition use other Ninjutsu to enfeeble/debuff the mobe for hate. The true job of solo tanking comes at 36 when you learn Utsusemi Ni, the second shadow spell. Now if you did learn it, you need to learn how to juggle them, with cast time and stuff. Its a pretty tough and expensive job @_@ But one that does damage netigation the best.

vireblaze
04-06-2005, 05:11 PM
I am so gonna stick with my decision! I might be getting the game sooner than I think! Shearwater (where I live) might be getting high speed internet soon! (I've changed my mind back to Samurai by the way. I'm gonna stick with that even though there will be doubts in my mind. But first, I'll be a Warrior in the beginning.) My username will be Alec. Could you tell me your usernames for FFXI just in case we meet?

Lionx
04-07-2005, 01:08 AM
That would highly depend on your server now would it?

I am Lionx and Leonine on midgarsomr

vireblaze
04-07-2005, 03:51 AM
midgarsomr...? What's that? I'm still not sure about the server yet. When I find a place that seems appealing, I'll tell you.

Lionx
04-07-2005, 04:04 AM
The server names are all summons on past and present FFs, i am just on that one with the beta testers when we organized the massive move from Cactaur(beta server).

vireblaze
04-07-2005, 05:09 PM
Um...Let me think here... :Oo: Gah! You'll need to explain about this whole thing. Much of it I don't understand.

Lionx
04-07-2005, 06:59 PM
Ehh what i meant was i am on the server known as Midgarsomr, and its a server where most of the previous beta testers on the NA side migrated to after beta ended.

Ouch!
04-07-2005, 08:27 PM
Midgardsormr is a good server, if you ignore the inflated economy. But that works both ways. Sure, everything is more expensive now, but making money is easier because the stuff you farm sells higher than it used to.

vireblaze
04-07-2005, 09:53 PM
Ohhhh....Now I get it! Where do you think I should go when I start, being a Warrior?

Rostum
04-07-2005, 10:12 PM
Well, depending which race you want to be (I would say ANY race is good enough, even Tarutaru as a Paladin).

Tarutaru - Windurst
Mithra - Windurst
Galka - Bastok
Hume - Bastok
Elvaan - San d'Oria

I think.

vireblaze
04-08-2005, 05:03 PM
Well, I would be a Hume. So...Bastok, I guess? Could you give me some more tips? Just in case. 'Cause you never know what might happen.

Citizen Bleys
04-08-2005, 05:40 PM
Shearwater (where I live) might be getting high speed internet soon!

Shearwater doesn't have high speed? It's a flaming base!

You might want to start off with Eastlink--I don't think MPowered has any COs close to the base

/offtopic

Misfit
04-08-2005, 06:54 PM
Bleys help my computer is brokederz ^.^

/offtopic

Rostum
04-08-2005, 09:42 PM
Well, I would be a Hume. So...Bastok, I guess? Could you give me some more tips? Just in case. 'Cause you never know what might happen.

Well you can start anywhere as any race, it's just races have certain home towns where you get their special rings to start off with. (might be a good thing or bad thing)

vireblaze
04-11-2005, 03:23 AM
I'd want to be in Bastok to get the boost then?

Lionx
04-11-2005, 04:25 AM
Depends, if you start out as a non-melee, then the ring wont be of much use if you start in bastok anyway.

vireblaze
04-11-2005, 05:01 PM
I am totally about Melee attacks!