PDA

View Full Version : Ahhhh, Nostalgia

Rase
03-11-2005, 02:41 AM
What games are you currently playing that are fairly old, or that you haven't played in a while (2-3 years min.)?

For me, I've been busting out the Worms Armegeddon for the PC and once again finding out how fun it still is.

mike without a hat
03-11-2005, 03:00 AM
everyonce in a while i but out the old sega genesis games

My name is...something..?
03-11-2005, 04:08 AM
I popped my old Mega Man X games in the other day(1-3)and I remembered how annoying games could get if you didn't write passwords down fast enough. Just shows the importance of memory cards nowadays.

Shlup
03-11-2005, 04:20 AM
I play my GameBoy Color Tetris in class.

Camanche
03-11-2005, 04:42 AM
I've always loved the Ecco the Dolphin games on the Sega Genesis. Those were kind of my first games where the story actually interested me/affected me/made me think. They're always fun to break out every once in a while just for nostalgia's sake.

FallenAngel411
03-11-2005, 05:00 AM
Zelda: Ocarina of Time. It was my first game ever. ^__^

Lord Chainsaw
03-11-2005, 06:13 AM
Mega Man X, X2, X3 (I never really appreciated how easy Sigma was in these games. Seems those days are over.)
Actraiser I and II
Demon's Crest
DragonView (Awesome SNES game I recommend everyone try)
Punch Out!! (The Contender got me in the mood)
Castlevania Bloodlines
Contra III: The Alien Wars
Illusion of Gaia
Karnov
Dragon Warrior IV
Skyblazer

I don't actually play all the way through these games unless they're short, but I do find myself craving a good portion of them.

Kawaii Ryűkishi
03-11-2005, 06:37 AM
In the last year or so I've gotten into a habit of buying old PlayStation games that had me mildly interested back when they were new but never enough for me to actually play or buy them then. So, I guess it's only semi-nostalgia since I've never actually played them before, but since I've seen people show and tell about them for years on the Internet, it's not like they're entirely new to me, either.
I play my GameBoy Color Tetris in class.Vintage 1998. I hear ya.

The Captain
03-11-2005, 07:29 AM
I recently fixed my SNES, so I've been playing quite a few of the games for that.

Take care all.

Rainecloud
03-11-2005, 07:36 AM
I play Atari ST, Megadrive (that's the Genesis), NES, SNES, Game Boy, Master System and Amiga games quite regularly. Oh, and I own every single one of the original cartridges/tapes/diskettes, so don't worry. Honest. ;)

Newer games don't really interest me that much these days. =/

DJZen
03-11-2005, 07:49 AM
Old school zelda, 2nd quest, sucka!

Nothing beats mario for nostalgia though.

Zell's Fists of Fury
03-11-2005, 07:52 AM
Mortal Kombat

Lionx
03-11-2005, 08:59 AM
Starcraft ^^;

Xander
03-11-2005, 11:47 AM
Sonic games, I just got my sonic mega collection. Oh and I'm currently playing Ocarina of Time which is kinda old, but I'd never played it back then. Never had an N64, boo. I play other Megadrive/Genesis stuff on my megadrive when I feel like it.

Actually I very rarely play brand new games, I play most things about two or more years later than when they are released. xD

Cless
03-15-2005, 02:33 AM
Nothing beats mario for nostalgia though.
I second that! *hums Mario tune*

I find that SNES games seem to hold the most nostalgic value for me. Super Mario World, Zelda: A Link to the Past and Super Mario Kart are the ones that make me feel the most warm and fuzzy inside. Every now and then I play them on my emulator, seeing as I had to donate my SNES to charity when I got an N64. :(