PDA

View Full Version : Please, please, please help me

tilleyswife
03-11-2005, 02:56 AM
Hi everyone. You all are my last hope. :mad2: I have the PC version of ff8 and played it more than once. Well, now I really want to play again, but I can't seem to make it work. It starts ok but when it asks to insert disk #1, I put it in but the game insists it is the wrong disk!!! I tried to go to the squaresoft web page but it takes forever to laod the pages, I have dial up. This is a new computer (the game worked on my old one) I'm running windows xp with a dvd drive and cd drive. Has anyone else had this problem? Does anyone know where to get patches for this problem? thanks in advance to everyone.

amratis
03-11-2005, 03:45 PM
Well, my version of VIII is also on the PC (every other FF I have is for the playstation) Actually I have a laptop, with windows XP DVD and CD drive and it works no problems, never had a problem like you're describing...but I guess it does sound like there seems to be a change because if it worked on your old computer fine and isnt working now.... Hmm, have alook at the specs of the game, what version of the game do you have? Maybe its not compatible with windows XP, otherwise, take this to the Help Forum, one of the mods might move this.

fainaru
03-12-2005, 11:44 PM
oh yea, i've kinda had this happen to me, although i forgot what happened... maybe you should try reinstalling ff8? i dont think ill be of any technical help but sometimes there could be something wrong with the installation perhaps?

Angel Of Apocolypse
03-13-2005, 08:09 AM
Maybe it's your PC that's the problem...can't read the disc properley. Do you have enough memory?

wuglendei
03-13-2005, 11:59 PM
If its a new PC he shouldnt have a problem with memory. And jus try reinstallin it. That should do it. And if that dont work buy it for the ps2 or somthing. Itll only cost what 10 bux??

WarLord18
03-21-2005, 04:32 PM
hy can eny one help me get to esthar im alredy at the great salt lake
contakt me at my email
SqaullLonehart@hotmail.com

nik0tine
03-22-2005, 10:18 AM
That's why you buy the Playstation version. That cd never has any problems. (unless, of course, you manage to ruin it.)

Skyblade
03-22-2005, 02:58 PM
That's why you buy the Playstation version. That cd never has any problems. (unless, of course, you manage to ruin it.)

Yeah, but if you get the computer version it becomes much easier to play Chocobo World (unless you live in Japan).