PDA

View Full Version : please please please help me with ff8

tilleyswife
03-11-2005, 03:04 AM
Hi everyone. You all are my last hope. I have the PC version of ff8 and played it more than once. Well, now I really want to play again, but I can't seem to make it work. It starts ok but when it asks to insert disk #1, I put it in but the game insists it is the wrong disk!!! I tried to go to the squaresoft web page but it takes forever to laod the pages, I have dial up. This is a new computer (the game worked on my old one) I'm running windows xp with a dvd drive and cd drive. Has anyone else had this problem? Does anyone know where to get patches for this problem? thanks in advance to everyone.

crono_logical
03-11-2005, 10:17 AM
See if it works if you put disc 1 in first, then restart the computer before running the game. If it does, it's probably an autoplay problem. But we'll see first :p

There might be patches on the front site (http://www.eyesonff.com) for this too, not sure though.

tilleyswife
03-11-2005, 11:04 PM
hey there, No it isn't an auto play problem. see the game starts without any disks, but when you click "start new game" to begin actually play, the game asks for disk one. But it won't recognise disk one. I am wondering if the fact that my computer has two hard drives (C+D) and two rom drives (E is the dvd player/burner while F is the CD player/burner) Could the game not automatically be searching for the right drive? my old computer only had one cd drive and it was drive E. I'm at a loss and so upset that I can't play this game. Is there any web sites which hold patches for these games????

crono_logical
03-11-2005, 11:41 PM
Yeah, try the disc in the other CD/DVD drive, older Windows programs like to look in the first one only :p