PDA

View Full Version : Ten months later: New media for the new Zelda

Kawaii Ryűkishi
03-11-2005, 06:52 AM
A new trailer (http://www.gamesarefun.com/gamesdb/media.php?id=662) for the upcoming Zelda game was finally released at the Game Developers Conference in San Fransisco this week. Nintendo's new lists for upcoming games have also confirmed that the game will be released in the fourth quarter of this year, and Satoru Iwata has said that there will be even more to show at E3 in May--another trailer at the least, a playable demo at the most.

Really, though. Just watch the trailer.

Xander
03-11-2005, 11:49 AM
I watched it. Looks awesome. I especially can't wait to ride the horse, that's gonna be fun.

omnitarian
03-11-2005, 06:17 PM
While watching the trailer, I couldn't help but feel worried that Nintendo might be pulling a Bad-fur-day-esque shark jump.

Then I watched it again, and was too impressed to care. Also, any game that features a boomerang slinging mandrill can't possibly be taking itself too seriously.

Kawaii Ryűkishi
03-11-2005, 06:31 PM
Not to mention toting kitty cats through a forest.

DMKA
03-11-2005, 09:23 PM
Ugh...looked worse than the previous ones.

Destai
03-11-2005, 09:58 PM
Why? Because its new? I personally liked Wind Waker style. It was different but still nice and stood out.
edit:And this one looks totally class :D Very Ocarina of Timeish

SeeDRankLou
03-11-2005, 11:02 PM
*Drools* Yay for new Zelda games.

Lord Chainsaw
03-11-2005, 11:18 PM
I'm fine with them focusing on the adventure aspect of the game moreso than the action. Zelda series has always been more about the exploration and adventure than the combat.

But if the game turns into another puzzlefest, I'm going to be very disappointed.

Rase
03-12-2005, 07:50 AM
This looks to be quite a great game so far, in my opinion.

While it may seem a little combat heavy for the series, I like how it seems to be sporting a nice mature look. Also, in the scenes were Link is riding either the horse or the boar, you can see quite a bit of landscape around him. Hopefully this is fully explorable.

I hope the what Nintendo accomplishes here is the best of both worlds, with the exploration that made Zelda great coupled with a smooth fighting engine and unique and memorable boss fights.

So far, this is a must by for me.

By the way, does any one have ANY clue as to what the wolf at the end means/signifies?

Azure Chrysanthemum
03-12-2005, 08:37 AM
Wow. That looks pretty cool. And as far as the wolf, I'm not sure. I like the graphics on this game, the combat looks interesting, especially the horseback stuff. The room filled with ghosts reminded me of Shin Megami Tensei: Nocturne.

Kawaii Ryűkishi
03-12-2005, 10:56 AM
In all likelihood, the wolf is just a "hey, it's nighttime" kind of thing, just like the wolf's howl in Ocarina of Time and Majora's Mask. Some people speculate that the game may have some sort of animals theme to it, too.

And yeah, Zelda is all about the fine mix of action and puzzles. I'm sure these trailers are full of action scenes just because that's what makes exciting trailers.

Zell's Fists of Fury
03-12-2005, 05:02 PM
That's it. I'm buying a Gamecube.

DMKA
03-12-2005, 05:30 PM
Why? Because its new? I personally liked Wind Waker style. It was different but still nice and stood out.
edit:And this one looks totally class :D Very Ocarina of Timeish
No, I like new games. I'm not one of those idiots who bashes a game automatically for being new (like they've done with FFX and X-2, which I loved). It's just looks like it has that annoying ass movement system again that I've hated in every Zelda game since Orcarina of time. The 2D ones were fun, but I despise the way the controls are on all the 3D ones and how they make you move with those 3 damn reptitive movements.

But then again, I've never liked Zelda games much at all. They just lacked in every department to me. And yes I'm aware of how popular they are...that doesn't change my mind.

m4tt
03-12-2005, 05:37 PM
You and me both, brother.

Sepho
03-12-2005, 05:38 PM
Personally, putting any bias aside, I'm looking more forward to this game than any game that's come out recently, or will come out in the next year.

I said this was the only game that had me more excited than Xenosaga Episode II, and seeing this trailer has only solidified me in that position.

I can't say you'll be disappointed with your purchase. And, there are other games that are already out that more than justify a purchase.

Azure Chrysanthemum
03-12-2005, 06:29 PM
I can't say you'll be disappointed with your purchase. And, there are other games that are already out that more than justify a purchase.

Like Smash Bros. Melee :D

I'm wondering if you can ride the wolf later on. If you can ride Epona and a boar, and there is some sort of emphasis on mounted combat, you may be able to ride the wolf and other animals as well.

Kawaii Ryűkishi
03-12-2005, 06:58 PM
I wouldn't be surprised. In The Wind Waker, you could pick up and use monsters' weapons; this ability to ride their mounts is a logical expansion of that.

Chris
03-12-2005, 07:44 PM

Most definitely!

Like Pikmin 2.

White Raven
03-12-2005, 08:44 PM
Looks sexy.

krissy
03-14-2005, 12:41 AM
:{
how much is a gamecube

Azure Chrysanthemum
03-14-2005, 03:50 AM
$100 brand new. Probably a lot less used.

Yuffie514
03-14-2005, 04:52 AM
i missed out on all the Zelda games for N64 :cry: and the recent G-Cube ones :mad: . but now that i got one i'm getting that new Zelda game :jap: :D !

Alice
03-14-2005, 05:35 AM
i DOUBT this will be for gc... ha! the gc has like no power :P

Angra Mainyu
03-14-2005, 06:20 AM

If you are referring to processing power, I pity your intellect and your arguing ability. Not so much that you cant start an argument but the fact that you would lose 1000x over.

*shakes head*

Azure Chrysanthemum
03-14-2005, 06:34 AM
Gamecube has a good deal of potential, its just that nobody's ever pushed the limits of it.

Angra Mainyu
03-14-2005, 07:29 AM
Gamecube has a good deal of potential, its just that nobody's ever pushed the limits of it.

resident evil 4 and this. what am i saying alot of games have pushed the gamecube. just look around

ps. try f-zero gx *drools*

Sepho
03-14-2005, 11:02 AM
i missed out on all the Zelda games for N64 :cry: and the recent G-Cube ones :mad: . but now that i got one i'm getting that new Zelda game :jap: :D !

If you missed out on Ocarina of Time, I'd very much suggest you play it, somehow. It's one of my favorite games of all time, old or new, and I'd recommend it to any gamer.

Nah, the GC has plenty of processing and graphics processing power. It's more comparable to an XBox than it is to a PS2 - which is hardly more powerful than a Dreamcast (and whether it is, is still debatable if you ask me).

ps. try f-zero gx *drools*

Aye.