PDA

View Full Version : Limits (SPOILERS)

Halenite
03-11-2005, 02:47 PM
Lets compare when we PERSONALLY taught the characters their lvl 4 limits.
Cloud- just recieved Omnislash (not yet taught)
Tifa- as soon as I got Cloud back
Aeris- Never
Barret- as soon as saving Corel
RedXIII- as soon as recieving it.
Yuffie- same as Red
Vincent- not yet (only have his lvl 1)
Cid- same as Vincent
We should also post where we are in our current game.
I'm just about to go against Diamond Weapon.

qwerto
03-11-2005, 03:00 PM
Cloud- When doing the huge materia mini-games
Tifa- never
Aeris- never
Barret- never
RedXIII- never
Yuffie- never
Vincent- never
Cid- never

Happy now... :(
I try but they just wont go up limit lv's...
what can I do...?

Im in north crater
edit: when vs. Sephiroth.

ThaJinx
03-11-2005, 03:32 PM
The leveling up of limit breaks is actually formulaic for each character; eyesonff has a very good guide here (http://www.eyesonff.com/ff7/limitguide.shtml).

Personally, I habitually level everybody's breaks up around Junon, as all but two of the characters are earnable by this point, before crossing the ocean. This way I can mostly just use the level 4 breaks as soon as I get them.

qwerto
03-11-2005, 03:38 PM
The only problem is that my characters dont get limits very much at all...
Even I Sephiroth hits them!
It takes about 20 very hard battles to get one limit which is such a pain...
surely there is a easier way?

Jojee
03-11-2005, 07:07 PM
Use hyper :</>D

I usually get Tifa & Cloud's limits up to max except for final one around Junon or Costa del Sol or whatever ^^ Lots of hypers...

redxiiii
03-11-2005, 07:44 PM
Cloud- When doing the huge materia mini-games
Tifa- never
Aeris- never
Barret- never
RedXIII- never
Yuffie- never
Vincent- never
Cid- never

Happy now... :(
I try but they just wont go up limit lv's...
what can I do...?

Im in north crater
edit: when vs. Sephiroth.

There is suppose to be a order of wot you have to do to get the limit breaks, it goes, use lvl1 limit break 8 times, then kill 80 enemies with that character and it goes on like that! :D

Shoden
03-11-2005, 09:16 PM
Cloud- Not yet
Tifa-not yet
Cid- have it but not taught yet
Red XIII- have it but not taught yet
Vincent- as soon as it was recieved
Aeris- never
Barret not yet

i wish there was a real easy way to get omnislash like cheating the slots it pisses me off bad i wish there was a slot for nothing

Halenite
03-14-2005, 10:47 PM
I'm gonna update!

Cloud- Before invasion of Midgar
Tifa- as soon as I got Cloud back
Aeris- Never
Barret- as soon as saving Corel
RedXIII- as soon as recieving it.
Yuffie- same as Red
Vincent- not yet (only have his lvl 1) (have Chaos)
Cid- same as Vincent (Have Highwind)

Just started invasion of Midgar!

Dolentrean
03-15-2005, 12:17 AM
I ended up getting all the limit breaks for all the characters as early as possible (but then again I have played this game obsessively many times) I even got almost everyone’s lvl 3-2 limit (except Vincent because I didn’t have him yet) before entering fort condor, I try to get everyone’s lvl 4 as soon as possible because it makes me feel cool... ya... its a little pathetic

Rinen
03-15-2005, 01:53 AM
It's not that pathetic, what's pathetic is spending many hours in the very beginning walking around in circles fighting enemies boosting limit breaks, and ending up fighting guard scorpion with meteorain and satellite. Then after that, work on aerith and tifa so they get level three limt break and when you get red, work him up to level two and at the very end where you fight rufus, have every character except red at level three limit breaks...

Then, as soon as you get past the mythril caves, find yuffie and work on her to get her limit breaks. That way, when you reach Gold Saucer, you'll have Bolt3, Ice3, Regen, Fire3, and some good level materia. After that, you can get through everything easily. Then you spend the hours with Vincent and Cid, now you are ready for your level 4s when you get them.

-N-
03-15-2005, 07:21 AM
Remember when these games were supposed to be challenging?

Rinen
03-15-2005, 07:35 AM
And they can still be challenging. You can try to get through the game with using as little limit breaks as possible, or have a low level save. Or even try going through everything with default equipment. Or perhaps no curative items except for resting at inns.

Dolentrean
03-15-2005, 05:40 PM
if you want a challange do a speed run, its hard as hell, no saves, and do it as fast as you can, I did it in about 9 hrs after a bunch of tries I have heard of someone doing it in less than 7.

redxiiii
03-15-2005, 07:03 PM
And they can still be challenging. You can try to get through the game with using as little limit breaks as possible, or have a low level save. Or even try going through everything with default equipment. Or perhaps no curative items except for resting at inns.

I did that all the way up to the fight with Rufus once b`cos I didn`t know how to equip materia. ( I was seven, I had a short attention span and couldn`t b bothered doing the tutorial!)

Rinen
03-15-2005, 11:12 PM
I was about 11 when VII came out, and so I had a good attention span. My first save still sucked because I missed a lot of good stuff, but still managed to beat the game. Although I had no idea what would happen if I overused materia when I was fighting that Gi Warrior at the Cosmo Canyon caves, Cloud was only doing 90 damage, so I restarted, and got there his physical attack was better and I was able to destroy his soul flames easily.