PDA

View Full Version : Confused!

Spiffing Cheese
03-11-2005, 03:53 PM
Has anyone else noticed that the characters all look pretty much the same in FMVs as they do in normal scenes, but Tidus doesn't? :confused:

SeeDRankLou
03-11-2005, 05:33 PM
I kind of don't think Rikku does either. It's was Square's first attempt with the PS2 graphics engine, they did quite a bit better with there later PS2 games like FFX-2, Drakengard, Xenosaga, Kingdom Hearts, ect ect. They just needed a bit more experience with the system.

TheAbominatrix
03-11-2005, 06:14 PM
I actually think that's a good thing, really. It means graphics are so good that sometimes you cant tell when an FMV has begun. Really, I got confused sometimes... I'd have to look at their hair to tell, because the FMVs vastly improve the 'real'ness of their hair.

As for Tidus not looking the same... I never really noticed.

Ezme
03-11-2005, 06:17 PM
Thats what i used to do, look at the hair! Tidus isn't that different, just alot more tanned but rikku i think is the most different, she looks much more japanese in the FMV's

amratis
03-11-2005, 06:33 PM
Yeah I agree about Rikku somehow looking more...japanese in the FMV's. Tidus also looks really different I think, but they all do to a certain extent, thats the whole point of the FMV's, they're more PURTY :D ...Except Auron, I thought, he looks the same in both

Pouring Rain
03-11-2005, 10:20 PM
Tidus does have a tan for some reason in FMV's, Khimari has a lot more hair, and in one execption, Yuna's hair turns red, Rikku looks more japenese when she was undressing, Lulu's hair doesn't bend, Auron doesn't have a change at all, Seymour looks a lot uglier in FMV's. and how come during the wedding, Seymour looks like he's wearing lip gloss because his lips are so shiny. And Tidus' face changes. So wierd.

rubah
03-11-2005, 10:53 PM
Tidus changes into a California surfer boy. I thought everyone knew this:D

lulu and wakka both look meaner in fmvs:/

Cybele
03-11-2005, 11:31 PM
I always thought that Tidus and Rikku looked the most different. Rikku looks really japenese in the FMVs and Tidus' face is almost completely different along with them both being a lot more tanned. Yuna also looked a bit japanese in the FMVs as well. I personally think they looked better outside of the FMVs.

Spiffing Cheese
03-12-2005, 10:55 AM
FMVs rock.

Yeah, I never really noticed about Rikku but I just had a look my game (third time through), and she does... Nobody else looks much different though... Auron looks almost exactly the same.

I think most of them look better in the FMVs... Rikku and Yuna look a lot prettier but Tidus looks more like a girl... so not a good look.

Angel Of Apocolypse
03-13-2005, 09:03 AM
Yuna doesn't look the same. She looks more Japanese in the movie scene, normally she just looks English.