PDA

View Full Version : Unicorns and dragons.

Caspian
03-11-2005, 07:45 PM
Did they never exist, or did Noah just "forget" about them on his big boat ride?

Jojee
03-11-2005, 07:47 PM
Oh oh, what about hobbits? :p

No ;)

Caspian
03-11-2005, 07:48 PM
Hobbits were invented earlier this century by a Brit.

boris no no
03-11-2005, 07:48 PM
i'm a unicorn......:D
we like to frolok in the fields and shake our manes :D

....and drink lambrini and eat ham and pineapple pizzas with our mad friends....:lol:

Jojee
03-11-2005, 07:49 PM
Those Brits *shakes fist*

What about elves? Eh, eh? ;)

Rye
03-11-2005, 07:50 PM
Don't forget Ligers. :(

Caspian
03-11-2005, 07:52 PM
Elves are all over the place.

Ligers are a real animal. In Florida, they crossbred a tiger and a lion, and it's 11 feet in length.

Misfit
03-11-2005, 07:53 PM
Ligers are a real animal. In Florida, they crossbred a tiger and a lion, and it's 11 feet in length.
I heard about that.

Caspian
03-11-2005, 07:53 PM
Edit: Bah, if you do a google image search for "liger" you can see it. I'm having trouble linking to any of the pictures.

Ultima Shadow
03-11-2005, 07:54 PM
I just captured a dragon in a box. I call him Tedd and feed him with bluberries. :)

Mindflare
03-11-2005, 07:57 PM
Hobbits were invented earlier this century by a Brit.
You have insulted my Hobbit friends.

Caspian
03-11-2005, 07:58 PM
Unless any of them are over 100 years old, there's no denying my logic!

Mindflare
03-11-2005, 07:59 PM
You win this time, logic!

Jojee
03-11-2005, 07:59 PM
Dude, Bilbo Baggins turned 111 :p

*is an elf* ^_^

Rye
03-11-2005, 08:20 PM
Elves are all over the place.

Yup. :) I know, but there is a MYTHICAL type of Liger that is bred for it's properties in magic [/napoleondynamite]

Caspian
03-11-2005, 08:22 PM
They're known for their magic skills because the one in Florida also moonlights as a magician.

Faris
03-11-2005, 08:58 PM
I believe that they once existed, but disappeared with time. I did a major project on both of them...
Unicorns: They were stolen, and Noah couldn't take them into the Ark. Or because of their purity they went into hiding, and some say that they will sometimes turn into a human so..
You never know if your next door neighbor is a unicorn
Dragons: Well I'm only guessing because their bodies are only filled with many types gases and stuff (that cause explosions) that they probably all exploded xD But they really did once exist, but like the unicorns they went into hiding, or they were just all killed :(

rubah
03-11-2005, 11:22 PM
What about a Tigon?

and my next door neighbors aren't unicorns, because I'm related to them, and then I'd be one too.

oh wait, my msn name is 'first born unicorn':P but that's just red hot chili pepper's lyrics.

Heh, this reminds me of that fake baby dragon some guy said he had in his garage for years. It looked cool.

Yew-Yevon
03-11-2005, 11:27 PM
If dragons were still around I think they would be afended by the name "dragon" I have a book called "Song in the Silence" its about a girl who gose to a dragon isle and marrys the King of the Kantrishakrim (dragons in our language) after he dies and is turned into a human

Rye
03-11-2005, 11:59 PM
What about a Tigon?

and my next door neighbors aren't unicorns, because I'm related to them, and then I'd be one too.

oh wait, my msn name is 'first born unicorn':P but that's just red hot chili pepper's lyrics.

Heh, this reminds me of that fake baby dragon some guy said he had in his garage for years. It looked cool.

Tigons aren't as pretty or big. And Napoleon says they spell like poo. :o

Shlup
03-12-2005, 02:07 AM
The story I always heard with the unicorns was that they were very playful, and when Noah called them to get on the ark the playful unicorns hid and so quite literally missed the boat. I think the moral of the story is supposed to be not screwing around or something.

Yamaneko
03-12-2005, 02:25 AM
You snooze, you lose. That's why you don't see many dragons any more.

Ryth
03-12-2005, 05:04 AM
Dude, Bilbo Baggins turned 111 :p

*is an elf* ^_^

While I think its possible for a hobbit to become 111 it was the ring that really kept him alive and well and he lived for a damned long time (end of LOTR: Return of the King) in Rivendell after giving up the ring to Frodo look at him! I think in the book 111 or whatever it was, was called a Gross in the book but i don't remember. And Hobbits, were invented last century in the 1900s by Tolkien not this century (2000-2005). Yes I'm a LOTR freak.

Meat Puppet
03-12-2005, 05:09 AM
Where are those mushrooms that witches used to forsee the future?

ShivaBlizzard8
03-12-2005, 05:19 AM
Did they never exist, or did Noah just "forget" about them on his big boat ride?
A long time ago, when the Earth was green
There was more kinds of animals than you've ever seen
They'd run around free while the Earth was being born
And the loveliest of all was the unicorn

There was green alligators and long-necked geese
Some humpty backed camels and some chimpanzees
Some cats and rats and elephants, but sure as you're born
The loveliest of all was the unicorn

The Lord seen some sinning and it gave Him pain
And He says, "Stand back, I'm going to make it rain"
He says, "Hey Noah, I'll tell you what to do
Build me a floating zoo, and take some of those

Green alligators and long-necked geese
Don't you forget My unicorns

Old Noah was there to answer the call
He finished up making the ark just as the rain started to fall
He marched the animals two by two
And he called out as they came through
Hey Lord,
I've got green alligators and long-necked geese
Some cats and rats and elephants, but Lord, I'm so forlorn
I just can't find no unicorns"

And Noah looked out through the driving rain
Them unicorns were hiding, playing silly games
Kicking and splashing while the rain was falling
Oh, them silly unicorns

There was green alligators and long-necked geese
Noah cried, "Close the door because the rain is falling
And we just can't wait for no unicorns"

The ark started moving, it drifted with the tide
The unicorns looked up from the rocks and they cried
And the waters came down and sort of floated them away
That's why you never see unicorns to this very day

You'll see green alligators and long-necked geese
You're never gonna see no unicorns.

Caspian
03-12-2005, 05:23 AM
While I think its possible for a hobbit to become 111 it was the ring that really kept him alive and well and he lived for a damned long time (end of LOTR: Return of the King) in Rivendell after giving up the ring to Frodo look at him! I think in the book 111 or whatever it was, was called a Gross in the book but i don't remember. And Hobbits, were invented last century in the 1900s by Tolkien not this century (2000-2005). Yes I'm a LOTR freak.

I stated "the last century" as the last 100 years. Not the last 5.

fire_of_avalon
03-12-2005, 05:34 AM
Bilbo lived to be much, much older and eleventy one, you losers.

You can't see unicorns because you have silly human eyes. Haven't any of you ever seen The Last Unicorn?

Dking'squeen
03-12-2005, 05:38 AM
Dragons...yeah. The Komodo Dragon. D'uh:D
But, yeah, I have a dragon in my backyard and another on my shoulder right now. It's small now, but wait until it's bigger. We'll take over the world! Kekekekekekekeekkekekekekeekekekekeekeeke!!!!!!!!!!!!

Oh, and the Unicorn...we mustn't forget the unicorn...my precious...

Zell's Fists of Fury
03-12-2005, 07:36 AM
NERDS.

Resha
03-12-2005, 08:10 AM
Bilbo lived to be much older than eleventy-one!!! In fact, when he went with the elves on their ship, he was older than Bullroarer Took. Who had previously been the oldest and biggest hobbit ever! (I think...)

Ooh, I read in the newspaper recently that they found a really small human skull, and they're not sure what it is, so they've called it the Hobbit...what if hobbits really existed?!?! :D That'd be the best!

Gollum
03-12-2005, 08:45 AM
i reckon they were higher lifeforms than us and they saw all the bad stuff humans were doing so they left and thats why the worlds a bit screwed right now

Resha
03-12-2005, 08:58 AM
I wonder if Gollums and Smeagols and Deagols exist, in some deep, dark little hidey hole somewhere... :greenie:

Nod
03-12-2005, 09:39 AM
id like to think dragons and unicorns exist, but on a different plane of existence to us:p

Loony BoB
03-12-2005, 09:53 AM
You can't see unicorns because you have silly human eyes. Haven't any of you ever seen The Last Unicorn?
Took the words right out of my mouth. :D

The Captain
03-12-2005, 09:58 AM
Noah? Did HE even exist?

Take care all.

Nod
03-12-2005, 10:00 AM
Noah? Did HE even exist?

Take care all.

ooooohhhh, theological debate! No, Noah didnt exist. but then, define existence!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :p

Zante
03-12-2005, 10:46 AM
Unicorns theoreticaly do exist, once I saw an animal resembling a horse with only one horn, probably due to some genetic error.

Undecided
03-12-2005, 12:12 PM
What's the big deal with unicorn's anyway. If they had been real they would just have been another kind of horse, only with horns.

Tasura
03-12-2005, 06:11 PM
Yay! ShivaBlizzard8 mentioned the song by the Irish Rovers, which specificaly deals with why the unicorns arent here now.

rubah
03-13-2005, 12:40 AM
There's the whole thing about unicorns being mystic pure beasts, what with only pure maidens can touch them, slay them and drink their blood and you won't die but live a cursed life? (or rather I got that from harry potter, yey)

not just some horsey with a horn. unless it's a MAGICAL horsey

ShivaBlizzard8
03-13-2005, 12:41 AM
Yay! ShivaBlizzard8 mentioned the song by the Irish Rovers, which specificaly deals with why the unicorns arent here now.
LOL - yeah, I love that song. Although the lyrics are a poem by Shel Silversteen. (sp?)

Ouch!
03-13-2005, 01:08 AM
I think in the book 111 or whatever it was, was called a Gross in the book but i don't remember.
A gross is a dozen dozens, so 144. It's a real term to, Tolkien didn't make it up. I swear it's German, which Tolkien studied and spoke fluently. He also studied Gothic and created the language that he called Gaustik which was a possibilty for the language that preceded Gothic. He used reverse morphology to do that among other things, like Grimm's law.

You may be a LotR freak, but I'm a Tolkien freak. <3