PDA

View Full Version : RPGtoolkit

strawberryman
03-11-2005, 09:08 PM
Just recently I found a freeware program that lets you create RPG's in the earlier FF kind of style. Once I get the hang of the thing, I plan to make a game that will be based off of my book. (Which can also be found on the forums.To read it, click my sig.) Right now I only have a bit of the story done, so i'm open to suggestions.
Anything from characters, monsters & bosses, items... almost anything is up for brainstorming, and If you make any worthwile suggestions I'll be sure to give credit where it's due.

Heres the site for those who are interested. :D
RPGtoolkit (http://www.toolkitzone.com/)

EDIT-
Oh yeah. For those who are good with any kind of music composer, It would be a BIG help if you could help with some of the music. I'm just horrible with music stuff like that. :cry:

Erdrick Holmes
03-11-2005, 09:22 PM
Hmm, I might just use this, thanks.

strawberryman
03-11-2005, 09:25 PM
Hmm, I might just use this, thanks.
No problem. Any suggestions for my RPG?

Erdrick Holmes
03-11-2005, 09:39 PM
Hmm, well I suppposed I can donate a few MP3s on my harddrive. Does this work with MP3 music?

Flying Mullet
03-11-2005, 09:44 PM
If you're interested in making your own RPG I would also recommend trying out RPGMaker:
http://www.rpg-maker-downloads.tnrstudios.com/

strawberryman
03-11-2005, 09:50 PM
Hmm, well I suppposed I can donate a few MP3s on my harddrive. Does this work with MP3 music?
Yup. Want it to be original, though. I'll at least try to make use of the MIDI composer I have to give you the basic tune of stuff as I come up with it. You don't have to, but If you help then you get credit, and my good graces. :jap:
Plus, I'm not trying to be lazy. I just suck with music composers. :cry:

Maxico
03-11-2005, 10:07 PM
Yeah I've used this before (I always have some project going on and at that time it was an RPG) and its very flexable. But most people just disregard it cause of rpg maker.

strawberryman
03-11-2005, 10:31 PM
I just got the basic theme for the main character down. I know it's horrible, but any who are willing to help and perhaps make it a bit better can do so.

wuglendei
03-14-2005, 12:44 AM
Eh isnt bad...i found that the theme is WAY better when its fast forward...and how do u make these music crap? Also how do u use this stuff? Man id been begging to make RPGs for awhile and this program would Pwn to use man. I wanna make "cut scenes n craP BUT I donno how to use this.....Plz gimme some advice on how to use this..

Psychotic
03-14-2005, 12:55 AM
I used to use RPG Toolkit as I had no idea where to find RPGMaker, and I made a pretty awesome game about vandalism (No, really! It was sweet) and it had quite a few random crazy quests, but to be perfectly honest I'm gonna have to say that RPGMaker is vastly superior, and is subsequently better supported.

Meat Puppet
03-14-2005, 01:33 AM
Almost everybody in the universe uses RM2K/3, and most of them illegally use it.

So I dared to be different and tried like, Toolkit 2 or something.
But my computer got sick of it after a while.

*.gml, *.gm6

wuglendei
03-14-2005, 02:26 AM
Please give me the link to the better tool kit...PLEAASSSEEE!!! i MUST create my RPG!

strawberryman
03-14-2005, 03:04 AM
Please give me the link to the better tool kit...PLEAASSSEEE!!! i MUST create my RPG!The sites right in the first post. You can probably dl it there.

wuglendei
03-14-2005, 03:26 AM
o lol...i already downloaded that RPGMAKER....XP...its really great. Im totally lost but ill figure it out in time. Now can i like make...a FINAL FANTASY game outta this? Could i? is it that detailed? Like could i make A FF6?

Spammerman
03-14-2005, 03:59 AM
i think my firned crash has somethin like it

strawberryman
03-14-2005, 04:13 AM
Is RPG maker freeware?
If not i'm stickin with this. Nothing wrong with going with the free stuff.