PDA

View Full Version : God I feel old

Flying Mullet
03-11-2005, 09:27 PM
I was just looking through the photo album thread and seeing some young whipper-snappers in there. Then I checked some of the birthdates...1992. I was a freshman in high school in 1992.

Anyways, how is everyone else doing at this whole getting older ever day business?

Caspian
03-11-2005, 09:30 PM
http://www.eyesonff.com/forums/showthread.php?t=57624

I don't feel old here, just mature.

Yamaneko
03-11-2005, 09:32 PM
Dude, you're a geezer.

EDIT: Actually, I'll just leave this open since you're asking a specific question.

I'm doing alright on this whole getting older business. I think when you have a good job it gets easier.

Ultima Shadow
03-11-2005, 09:38 PM
Don't worry, fig, we still love you! :love: You're just 10 years older than me. :p

And I don't think the age of people here really matters that much... as long as they aren't 90+ or less than 7 etc. :p

Rye
03-11-2005, 09:41 PM
Eh, I'm not old at all so I can't really relate.

Leeza
03-11-2005, 09:41 PM
I have to trade my cane in every so often, but other than that I'm doing great. :)

Flying Mullet
03-11-2005, 09:45 PM
You need a cane at 29 Leeza? That's just a little over two years away. :(

Leeza
03-11-2005, 10:02 PM
OMG yes. I've gone through at least 2 by the time I was 29. ;)

Shlup
03-11-2005, 10:04 PM
Last weekend my boyfriend got glasses, and yesterday Nino Brown got glasses, and I've actually been having to bring my glasses to class to see properly. AHH!!

SeeDRankLou
03-11-2005, 10:06 PM
I had an old moment yesterday. I was at a bar last night (21 and up), and I saw one of my friends from high school. The only thing was, he was a freshman when I was a senior. *moans* And yes, he was old enough to get in too.

boris no no
03-11-2005, 10:07 PM
i 've worn glasses since i was 12.... :cry:
i feel oldish.....
1985! the year to be born in baby! :D

Chemical
03-11-2005, 10:15 PM
I just turned 20 recently.

It's a bit of a - wooooah- situation. It's a big turning point, I can no longer be assocaited with those whimsical teenage years. Soon I'll have to even be.... responsible!

Otherwise, I'm okay. I look forward to the day I have an excuse to make funny smells and scare children with my gums.

Shlup
03-11-2005, 10:16 PM
I had an old moment yesterday. I was at a bar last night (21 and up), and I saw one of my friends from high school. The only thing was, he was a freshman when I was a senior. *moans* And yes, he was old enough to get in too.
That kind of stuff makes me feel old too, except I'm not quite as old as you. ^_^

Its weird going to parties and seeing people my boyfriend's baby sisters age though...

Chris
03-11-2005, 10:27 PM
I just turned eighteen... starting to feel old.

I need some comfort, comfort me NOW!

:(

Psychotic
03-11-2005, 11:16 PM
I'm 17 and awesome. All you old people should stop being so senile and move into a nursing home. :p

RSL
03-11-2005, 11:27 PM
I try not to think about getting older as it depresses me when I do.

Jojee
03-11-2005, 11:28 PM
I'm not that old but at least I'm older than Psy :</>D

*gives you super old people wheelchairs*

muchacho
03-12-2005, 01:01 AM
im not old, im 57.......................

Chris
03-12-2005, 01:05 AM
im not old, im 57.......................

You Spoony Bard!!!

boris no no
03-12-2005, 01:05 AM
I just turned 20 recently.

It's a bit of a - wooooah- situation. It's a big turning point, I can no longer be assocaited with those whimsical teenage years. Soon I'll have to even be.... responsible!

Otherwise, I'm okay. I look forward to the day I have an excuse to make funny smells and scare children with my gums.
:crying:
i'm going to be 20 soon....i'm so scared!
i'll be an adult!
i want to be a kid forever!!!! :cry:

FallenAngel411
03-12-2005, 01:33 AM
just turned eighteen... starting to feel old.

I need some comfort, comfort me NOW!

There, there....*pats back*....everything will be alright. You're still a teenager, so you're still allowed to be an idiot sometimes. I'm going to be eighteen soon too.....

:O_O: :laughing: :sweat: :whimper: :crying2:

.....Oh no, I'm not much comfort am I? I'm terrified!!! COLLEGE!!!! SO SCARYYYYYYY!!!!!!!

Well....yeah....I still feel childish and naive...it doesn't help that I've been mistaken for a twelve year old, I look so damn young. :cry:

But I am a firm believer that we are all young at heart....well, most of us. My grandma is nearing 90 years old, and when I talk to her I feel like I am talking to a very dear, understanding, fun, non-senile friend. As long as you never lose your spark, people won't see you as "old" because they'll enjoy your company so much.

And....I'm assuming you're around 28, since you were a freshmen in 1992....that.....is not old at all!!! Worry when you turn 30!!! :p

edit: I should add that that last part was referring to fig... :)

Chris
03-12-2005, 01:37 AM
There, there....*pats back*....everything will be alright. You're still a teenager, so you're still allowed to be an idiot sometimes. I'm going to be eighteen soon too.....

:O_O: :laughing: :sweat: :whimper: :crying2:

Thanks I really needed that!

*still sad though*

FallenAngel411
03-12-2005, 02:04 AM
Thanks I really needed that!

*still sad though*

Awww, don't be sad! I'm scared of growing up....but still, I know there will be good things ahead. Things that aren't there when you're just a kid. And I can't wait to leave high school behind! Getting older is something that needs to happen.....so I'm going to try and focus on all the good opportunities opening up for me rather than just all the new responsibilities and expectations. Just think of all the good things about being 18...all your new privileges. It's not all bad. :)

Del Murder
03-12-2005, 02:51 AM
I forget how old I am sometimes.

Jojee
03-12-2005, 02:53 AM
Awww, don't be sad! I'm scared of growing up....but still, I know there will be good things ahead. Things that aren't there when you're just a kid. And I can't wait to leave high school behind! Getting older is something that needs to happen.....so I'm going to try and focus on all the good opportunities opening up for me rather than just all the new responsibilities and expectations. Just think of all the good things about being 18...all your new privileges. It's not all bad. :)

Pif @ Chris and FallenAngel. Y'know what's worse, being in college AND not being eighteen xP Esp if you live pretty far away from home. Unless you like dragging your mommy along by the hand in order to do anything :(

Del, you're twelve ^^ ~

bennator
03-12-2005, 04:23 AM
I'm 17; and I feel old. I remember being one of the youngest here when I joined, and thought that everybody here was much older. Now, I see about as many younger than older and it creeps me out.

Ouch!
03-12-2005, 04:37 AM
I was one of the youngest members when I joined here, I had just turned 13, I think. I'm still only 15, so I guess I'm still down there. One month and eleven days until I turn 16 and I can get my license! Too freakin' bad I haven't taken any drivin' lessons yet!

PearlRose
03-12-2005, 04:43 AM
I'm going to be 19 in a couple months, and I'm just starting to get that feeling.

It's strange, I guess. I've been a member of various forums off and on since I was 12, and now I'm nearly the same age or older than all those "mature" posters that unnerved me during my younger years. It's just a really weird feeling.

ShivaBlizzard8
03-12-2005, 04:59 AM
I was just looking through the photo album thread and seeing some young whipper-snappers in there. Then I checked some of the birthdates...1992.
Ahhh! People with birthdays in the 1990s scare me. They make me feel old too.

I was born in 1982 - I remember when the AC Slater mullet was cool and I wore my hair in a side ponytail with stretch pants and a button up oversize shirt with a million bracelets and tube socks with hightops singing Madonna's "Like A Virgin" when I was too young to know what a virgin was.
I remember when Michael Jackson was still relatively black. And people thought he was hot.
I had a Popple, I watched the Wuzzles, and played with Skipper and Romper Stompers.
Paula Abdul was my hero and I had New Kids on the Block PJs.
We used to wear snap bracelets in school til they were banned for slitting kids' wrists by accident.
I was the queen of the "Skip It."
I remember watching the Challenger blow up, and the Berlin Wall fall down.
I remember when Ronald Regan was still president.
I remember getting to stay up late and watch Johnny Carson's last Tonight Show.
Every Sunday night I watched the Muppet Show with my grandma - the real Muppet Show, when Jim Henson was still alive to do the voices.
I remember learning about our evil enemy - The USSR.
I remember still having textbooks that had "current" maps of said evil USSR until I was in high school.
And so on. You kids, today, You really missed out. No 321 Contact for you or Square One to teach you math. No, just Barney and Teletubbie bullcrap. No one shot up schools before Barney. Conicidence? I don't think so.

But do you know what REALLY makes me feel old?

Reminicing about all that 80s crap I remember. Why do we do it? Why?? :p

muchacho
03-12-2005, 05:01 AM
actually i just turned 17 yesterday, and i feel quite young

DMKA
03-12-2005, 05:51 AM
I'm about to be 20 and I feel very old. :(

eestlinc
03-12-2005, 05:59 AM
I kinda like where I am right now. I know when I was a teenager I always wanted to be older.

Jojee
03-12-2005, 06:35 AM
The difference is when you're a teenager, you have something to look forward to (18, legal drinking age, etc). But now that you're past all that, you can enjoy the present but your future is a bleak run toward old age. *evil grin*

Nod
03-12-2005, 09:59 AM
im 22, and i feel old- probably cos i finish my degree soon; all my friends are talking about getting jobs and other stuff- argh!
I like reminiscing about stuff from the 80's- especially old cartoons! Thundercats rule! :p

eestlinc
03-12-2005, 04:16 PM
Well, men age a lot better than women :D

Flying Mullet
03-14-2005, 03:35 PM
Well, men age a lot better than women :D
:beer:

Citizen Bleys
03-14-2005, 04:32 PM
It only bothers me when I've forgotten my pills.

Halan
03-14-2005, 04:48 PM
I was the queen of the "Skip It."
I remember watching the Challenger blow up, and the Berlin Wall fall down.

Skip It was the devil. It made your ankle really sore and if the thing on the end ever hit you (or you hit someone else with it)...good god it hurt.

As for the Challenger, I lived in Orlando at the time and watched it blow up in the skies. My mom has it on video tape.

Oh, and I feel old when I go to college parties and everyone in there is underaged and drinking. It makes me nervous to be around underaged drinkers. Also, they drink too much and throw up or throw themselves on people.