PDA

View Full Version : Final Fantasy VIII AMVs.

Squall of SeeD
03-12-2005, 01:16 AM
A Thread in the Final Fantasy VII Forum reminded me that I made an AMV of Final Fantasy VIII some time ago: Here's a link to it (http://www.animemusicvideos.org/members/members_videoinfo.php?v=55477), set to Iris by the Goo Goo Dolls, though being a member of Anime Music Videos.org is required to view any AMVs there.

Does anyone else here make them/has anyone else here made any, and, if so, how well did you achieve your vision with your first? Also, could you offer a link to it and others you may have made?

With my own (this was my first and only one), I feel that I achieved my vision, though a deficiency in Squall and Rinoa FMV footage and the length of the song forced me to employ some scenes somewhat unrelated to the theme during the bridge of the song to fill space, but I feel that it worked out well.

Thoughts and opinions are welcome.

amratis
03-12-2005, 01:32 AM
This is BEFORE I click on the link. Can I just say I ADORE this song :love: :D Okay I'm clicking on it now.

EDIT - Is taking forever to download, sorry ;)

edit again - Oh god....I'm speechless. That was really good, REALLY good. I loved it, in fact its actually brougt a tear to my eye. Thats a class vid there, also helped by a class song :) Very well done

Shoden
03-12-2005, 07:09 PM
i like the Evanescence one for ff8 aswell as many others

8 has the best AMVs maybe i should make an FF8 AMV with one winged angel as the background theme

rubah
03-12-2005, 11:29 PM
If I could possibly hope to download 40+mb in one go, I'd watch it, but since it doesn't want to thread itself into getright, there's little change in being able to download all of it.

so I'll just go and assume it's good:)

(a ff8 video with ff7 music? that's just sorta. . . weird)

Shoden
03-12-2005, 11:32 PM
(something thats unique aswell no ones tried it as much as i can find)

ShivaBlizzard8
03-13-2005, 12:30 AM
Does anyone else here make them/has anyone else here made any, and, if so, how well did you achieve your vision with your first? Also, could you offer a link to it and others you may have made?

Yay - I love making AMVs. I'm also a member of AMV.org, and my first vid was for FF8. I did mine to Nina Gordon's "Tonight and the Rest of My Life," and tried to focus it on Rinoa and her point of view rather than Squall, as I feel many FF8 vids do. I came pretty close to my vision with it, although I agree that there's only so much footage from FF8 to work with. Also, video quality was hard for me to achieve, although I made a cleaner, "remastered" version later. If you want to check it out, here's a link to my AMV.ORG profile - I reccomend the remastered version.
http://www.animemusicvideos.org/members/members_myprofile.php?user_id=168584

Also, I have an FFX/X-2 one on there that I'm happier with.

Squall of SeeD - I'll have to give your vid a look when I get out of work! :)

amratis
03-13-2005, 01:53 AM
I didnt know such a site exsisted. Its great! If I had the technology to do it I would definetly make video's. I plan on doing it in the future.

Right now I'm busy looking at some Advent Children vids. Theres so many really good ones

ShivaBlizzard8
03-13-2005, 11:30 PM
Yeah - its fun to search through the vids. I recently found a really great FF6 one. As for Advent Children, I'm really interested to see what people come up with once the movie is actually released, since all the AMVs right now are restricted to just trailer footage. :)