PDA

View Full Version : money problems

Maya
03-12-2005, 09:13 AM
I started to play this game and I think I havenīt got into it.
Iīm a bit confused, because I donīt seem to have any money any time. You are in battles so few times and you donīt get much from it.
My charachters die almost everytime because I donīt have any potions or phoenix downs etc...
In those parts where I can control Tidus, there arenīt much treasures in sight.
So where I suppose to get more money and more potions etc.. except from those few shops.
It seems that all my money I got goes to potions and itīs not enough.
Besides all my charachters have too low hp so they donīt have a chance in ambush attacks.
Iīm in the way from Luca to Yevon.
Maybe Iīm not so good player :D but I have managed to go on.
Should I just collect more EXP and money and then go on?
I may have missed something.

Gollum
03-12-2005, 09:23 AM
do you talk to randoms when you can walk around ? because they sometimes give you stuff to "help lady yuna etc"
also there a quite a few treasures in most areas but they are hidden very well and you even dont find some of them until you play a second time so you might want to take it a bit slower
hope i helped

lulusgirl
03-12-2005, 03:50 PM
Find the cheepest place to buy things.Then sell it for more at another (or the same) place.That helped me a lot.

Shoden
03-12-2005, 07:14 PM
sell your old and used weapons the only weapos i used were the brotherhood and Caladbolg

Yuffie514
03-12-2005, 09:40 PM
just a tip: once you get Rikku making money won't be any big issue :D . it's not that far into the game ;) .

a strategy i use (while training) ;) :

your money supply depends on how big you want it (10 G? 16 G? :mad: ).
for me, i set it at a certain number and if i make extra :eek: :p , i'll go to a nearby shop and stock up on important items (potion/phoenix down) ;) . once i've spent enough, i go back out to train and every time i make extra, i'll go back to the shop. it's worked every time :jap: .

if you've already met O'aka, he'll ask you to make some contributions [in money :twocents: terms] later on. he'll strike a good :jap: deal with you if you give him a lot of Gil (though i don't recommend this if your Gil supply is not so good) :mad: . still, the strategy here can be used :D .

rubah
03-13-2005, 12:01 AM
Both your problems can be solved by either using more white magic to heal (I rarely touch items unless it's urgent or yuna's out of mp) and battling more. battles=experience+gil. sounds like you need both.

also, dont' bother healing if you're going to be near a save sphere. that's a good way to level up, just find a save sphere nearby, and fight monsters 'til you're almost dead, then go and heal^_^

silent_ultima
03-13-2005, 05:57 AM
LEVEL UP DUDE!
Camp near a save sphere..
fight monster there until u'r strong enuff...
and while fighting near a save sphere, use only magics to heal u'r men, coz when u save, u'll heal completely (i.e full hp/mp)

oh and FOR GOD'S SAKE HELP THAT POOR O'AKA XXIII, WILL U?

Maya
03-13-2005, 06:56 AM
Thanks for your help.
I will help Oīaka when I get there.
So, weapons in this game doesnīt have the same meaning than in the other ff games? Can you manage with any weapon through the game? New weapons just give you some status things. Am I wrong?
The spheres are the key here, right?
Still a bit confused.. :D

Yuffie514
03-13-2005, 07:01 AM
whatever abilities is on your wpn/armor is what you get :chop: (HP+10/Alchemy). don't worry, you'll have the chance to put in the abilities you want as soon once you get Spoiler: :D :jap: . and yes, the sphere is the best way to get stronger :) . btw, when training, be careful not to stray too far from the save sphere ;) .

silent_ultima
03-13-2005, 07:07 AM
yeah!!
previous FF's weapon were always in the need whenever u arrived at a new town.. i.e buying a weapon will increase u'r STR, armor will increase u'r DEF, etc

FFX, though, is different. You need to concentrate on u'r sphere grid rather than u'r weapon. Just like what Shoden said, I only used Brotherhood (or other weapon only when the fiend is water-based) and Caladbold for Tidus. Sure there are certain times when the weapon gave out Str +3% or 5%, but the main thing here is to stock up u'r items, so that u can customize u'r weapons and armors later on.

To me you don't have to buy weapons too much, and level up whenever you're near a save sphere, so that you can stock up your gil and strenghten up your character.

Does my explaination helps?

Maya
03-13-2005, 08:09 AM
Yes, thank you.
This game has been so different than previous ones.
I didnīt understand that weapon/armor thing at first. Now Iīm beginning to do so. I think.
So if I donīt have to buy new weapons/armor every time they are available, unless I have extra money and they are so good to have, itīs a relief.
Iīll just go level up. :)

silent_ultima
03-13-2005, 08:24 AM
yeah!!
i was just like u.. buying weapons with str 5% and stuff like that.. only to be frustrated when i found out (accidently) that i can forge my weapon easily with the str +20% !!

chucky200
03-13-2005, 01:03 PM
at the end if u need cah 4 bribes then just go get gillionare and go fight mimics in omega dungeon : 1000000 gill a pop