PDA

View Full Version : Help me please!! Is this possible to do FMV to DVD?

Fire_Emblem776
03-13-2005, 12:46 AM
I use psxmc to rip fmvs from all my collection I-IX. And i can convert them to avi or wave files. WHat is compatible with a dvd player? Is this possible? I always wanted to rip the fmvs from all m y games and watch them on a dvd player. i would be gratfull to any one who can offer me some help.CAn this be done? I cant but avi on a dvd. So could wave? has any one else tyied? or am i just a moran and try buy it on ebay ? Because on ebay some people have clamed to have made some thig like this already? and i want to try.. Please help.. Send me a message will ya...

rubah
03-13-2005, 01:34 AM
I think a lot of them would play .avis? I haven't really triedX.x;;

but I think the official format would be .m2p, .m2v, .mpv something like that.

Gunblades
03-13-2005, 10:31 AM
i just plug my PS2 into my video player (VHS) and record the FMV onto tape, it's a good excuse to play through all your FF's again

rubah
03-14-2005, 12:37 AM
Why not just record the entire game?

Man that would be. . . strange.

For some reason I feel like doing that over spring break nowX.x;;;; a documentary or something maybe;D

Fire_Emblem776
03-14-2005, 01:32 AM
i wish but thats a lot of vhs!!
their must be a WAY!!

FallenAngel411
03-14-2005, 03:54 AM
There are free programs that convert avi files to a DVD writable format...try searching "VSO DivxToDVD". I just downloaded the free trial program, which has no time limit, only less options than the full version, which costs money. But it still gets the job done.

Samuraid
03-14-2005, 06:07 AM
Convert the playstation FMVs to AVI files, then try one of these programs to make a DVD from the AVI files:

http://www.videohelp.com/tools?s=35#35

I am not sure which to recoomend since I have not tried any of them yet.

Gunblades
03-14-2005, 10:50 AM
i have considerd recording my entire game and then watching it back, but when you start, even with the guides you end up running around doing nothing while you remeber what to do or where to go lol, and that looks crap on a video. I just leave the tape in the right place and then when i know a peice of FMV is coming hit record on LP, it's worked pretty good so far, you can also record summons that way or any other little events you have a fondness for.

Sepho
03-14-2005, 11:17 AM
DVD players read the Mpeg format, so all you need is software that converts your ripped FMVs (the software that extracts them will do so in the AVI format, likely) to MPG. From there, all you need is a an application that allows you to burn DVD movies.

I don't have a DVD-R/W drive, but I've burned a few SVCDs of some anime episodes on my PC, and they all worked. Granted, you have to have a DVD player that reads DVD-R/W media (many do these days, and not that all PC-based drives have this feature).

I used a variety of freeware and shareware apps to do this, and I don't have them lying around anymore, but the link that samuraid provided will be of great assistance to you.

ShivaBlizzard8
03-14-2005, 02:54 PM
Right - converting from .avi to .mpg or .mpeg is definately your first step. There are a lot of freeware programs that will do this, like fx video converter, etc. Just search for "avi to mpg converter" in google or on freeware sites.

For my computer, since I have a new one with a DVD-R drive, the next step was converting the .mpeg to a .dv stream, which I did using MPEG Streamclip, a freeware program. Then I just feed the footage into iDVD and burned the discs.

For those you who can't/don't want to bother, there is this eBay store that sells the FMVs on DVD/VCD for like 13 bucks each. I've never gotten them myself, so I can't voutch for them, but it seems like a good deal: http://stores.ebay.com/Custom-DVD-Creations_VCDs_W0QQcolZ2QQdirZQ2d1QQftidZ2QQtZkm

Fire_Emblem776
03-15-2005, 04:48 AM
but i dont have a dvd thing in my computer. But my friend does. Can i still use the program, to convert them, but whatcj them in my frinds computer? Can i convert them to mpeg and burn them on a normal cd, then take it to my friends and burn it on a cd?
Thanks for the help to all of you
I got a reply from shiva!!

Yew-Yevon
03-15-2005, 04:58 AM
Gunblades.....where did u get that pic? its awesom.

Gunblades
03-15-2005, 03:42 PM
do you mean my signiture, i made it, all the background art is by other people, but the picture of Lulu right at the front is drawn by me :)
If you go to the art threads somewhere on there i made a thread with loads of the signitures i have made.

MecaKane
03-15-2005, 07:20 PM
If you only have a CD burner, you can make an SVCD, the quaility isn't as good and they can only hold about an hour, but most DVD players can read them. You just need a CD writing program that can do SVCDs, Nero can and it's pretty good.

Yew-Yevon
03-15-2005, 07:23 PM
i used nero to burn FF music from this site and the quality is PERFECT!!!

ShivaBlizzard8
03-15-2005, 07:59 PM
but i dont have a dvd thing in my computer. But my friend does. Can i still use the program, to convert them, but whatcj them in my frinds computer?
You could convert them on your computer and send the files to your friend via AIM or a similar method, then have him burn them to DVD for you.

I got a reply from shiva!!
LOL.

Fire_Emblem776
03-23-2005, 03:42 AM
What about avi to vcd is that any better or still ,peg. If some one did this this would help me a lot....Dvd semes complex so ill stick to the other. Not that i doubt you o great and powerful shivablizzard

PLease dont diamond dust me.........