PDA

View Full Version : The strategy guide is wrong!

Angel Of Apocolypse
03-13-2005, 11:39 AM
You know the strategy guide for FFX-2? The one you buy that's by BradyGames?
I've found an interesting flaw.
In chappie 5, it says the only way to get a "Episode Complete." In Bevelle is to side with New Yevon, however I sided with The Youth League and still got this episode complete.
It says that Isaaru is supposed to be in Zanarkand in chappie five, right? Well, I got the episode complete in Zanarkand and went inside the temple to talk to him and to my amazement, he wasn't there!
So, when I got around to the Bevelle part, I was thinking, "I'm not gonig to get Episode Complete anyway, so I needn't worry."
But, when I arrived, the dialogue with Maroda was quite different and Isaaru was there, priests surrounding him. Then, I was thinking, "This is not what the guide says" (As a note: I'd followed EVERY instruction in the guide.) and then "Episode Complete" flashed across the screen. And I was even more astionished.
I think, BradyGames should get their guide right, before publishing it.
Did anyone else have this happen to them?

I don't mind if somoeone closes this, because It's stupid but...I just found it...odd.

Did anyone else get Episode Complete???
I really want to know!

:confused: :confused: :confused: :confused: :confused:

Toruko
03-13-2005, 11:42 AM
I did what the book suggested and sided with New Yevon, but I'll ask around and see if what you say is correct.

Cless
03-13-2005, 11:54 AM
Perhaps, what has happened here is; the guide only covers one path through the game. So when they said to side with New Yevon, the guide assumes that's what you will choose. This decision, in turn, may affect minor things down the line, such as Isaaru not being in Zanarkand, and some dialog being different here and there. Which wouldn't have been different, had you chosen New Yevon. Do you think that this may have happened?

Either that, or that is just not a very good guide! :D

redxiiii
03-13-2005, 12:51 PM
Someone should close the other thread, I`m sorry it`s just that you have done two identical threads!

wuglendei
03-14-2005, 12:19 AM
sides with youth leauge and the chapter ended....yea...guide was wrong....and i HAVE that guide i think...hmmm i donno i got this special guid...with art shyt from that art director dude

rubah
03-14-2005, 03:16 AM
You sure you weren't seeing Episode Concluded?

I'm just wondering, 'cause I've never finished my playthrough with new yevon yet, so I've just seen the youth league scenes.

Not seeing Issaru in Zanarkand doesn't sound very likely to get an Episode Complete.
Easiest way to see, Did you get the mascot dressphere? ^_^;

SeeDRankLou
03-14-2005, 03:18 AM
Quote from the strategy guide:

Ch 5, Zanarkand
"Zanarkand is one of the easiest areas to visit at the start of Chapter 5. Also, if you gave the sphere to New Yevon during Chapter 2, it's important that you speak to Isaaru at Zanarkand before heading to Bevelle."

So this scene with Isaaru will only happen if you gave the Awesome Sphere to New Yevon.

But you are right about the other part:
Ch 5, Bevelle
"Move to the entrance of the temple. If you signed on with New Yevon, you'll receive an Episode Complete! However, if you gave the sphere to the Youth League, you'll only witness the final scene with Maroda."

This is incorrect, and what it should say is that if you sided with New Yevon and didn't talk to Isaaru in Zanarkand then you will only get the final scene with Maroda.

If's funny though, later in the 100% Completion Guide, where it tells you to side with the Youth League in Ch 2:

Ch 5
Bevelle, +1.8%
-Episode Complete
-Inside Via Infinito....(blah blah blah)

The writer of this one did make a few slight errors.

Angel Of Apocolypse
03-14-2005, 10:49 AM
Yeah, but...I sided with the youth league before and it happened! It only happened one time, I don't know what I did...Oh and having an identical thread...hehe, my bad. I clicked back on the screen and I forgot I submitted it so I clicked submit again. Accident!

Destai
04-05-2005, 02:52 PM
I have the FFVII brady games guides but for every FF since then Ive bought Authorised collection guides from piggyback and maybe this is because they were newer games but I found Authorised collection an improvement on every level.

CaptRory
04-05-2005, 05:20 PM
Many times the Strategy Guides are written before the game is complete, just like the manual. That way they'll be printing and ready to sell the same time the game is being produced and ready to sell. Guides written from the completed game rather then some beta build are always more accurate.

fahadalhasan
04-09-2005, 11:27 AM
I nearly got Episode Complete in Bevelle, i forgot to talk to Isaaru, blah, blah, blah!

Anyway, well done and i think there is a flaw! But who cares!

DMKA
04-09-2005, 04:51 PM
This is why I use gamefaqs.com (www.gamefaqs.com).

mun02041014
04-11-2005, 08:22 PM
personally i think the strategy guides made by piggyback and www.authorisedcollection.com are the best. i haven't found any mistakes in them so far.

Destai
04-11-2005, 08:33 PM
Look how nice and official looking they are!