PDA

View Full Version : Help With Cloister 40 Boss?

Toruko
03-13-2005, 11:40 AM
I'm level 63 and in the 40th level Cloister Trials of Bevelle, right before fighting the Black Elemental.

I was wondering if anybody had any tips, since the book doesn't offer much. I know so far that it casts Flare, Berserk, and Ultima, and all in all is just quick and powerful.

redxiiii
03-13-2005, 12:53 PM
Just equip black knight or woteva (can`t remember the name) and have someone learn charon, and make sure there hp is high, it`s a good idea to give them first strike too, use charon and if your characters hp is high enough it will kill him! :D

FF freak
03-13-2005, 01:23 PM
Got any suggestions for the one on level 80? I have all my characters on 99 level and I can't beat this snake thing that lady yunalesca turns into. She can turn me to stone even though I have a !@#$# Ribbon.

TheSpoonyBard
03-13-2005, 02:12 PM
For Chac have one girl as a Gunner and equip her with a Speed Bracer and the Cat Nip accessory you got from the Black Elemental. Make sure she is on critical health (yellow HP) before you enter the battle. Also, give her the Highroad Winds GG to give her First Strike. Have the other girls as an Alchemist, a Thief or a White Mage. Whenever someone gets Petrified use a Soft on them. Ribbon or other protection will not work.

If you Oversoul Chac she will not use Heaven's Cateract, thus making the battle easier.

Use Trigger Happy whenever the Gunner has a go, and use Softs/Phoenix Downs/Life whenever necessary. Chac should go down after 3-4 rounds of Trigger Happy.

Toruko
03-13-2005, 02:44 PM
I read a lot about the Catnip accessory, but from what I've seen where I should have gotten it, I missed my chance. Is there any way to get it in Chapter 5 or am I too late?

TheSpoonyBard
03-13-2005, 02:56 PM
You are supposed to get the Cat Nip in chapter 5. You find it in a chest that appears after defeating the Black Elemental on Cloister 40 of the Via Infinito. In case you havn't stumbled upon this yet it is in the Bevelle Temple through the passage on the right. Pacce and the Kinderguardians are looking at a glyph in the floor. Talk to Pacce to gain entrance to the Via Infinito.

Emily52
03-13-2005, 03:56 PM
I'm level 63 and in the 40th level Cloister Trials of Bevelle, right before fighting the Black Elemental.

I was wondering if anybody had any tips, since the book doesn't offer much. I know so far that it casts Flare, Berserk, and Ultima, and all in all is just quick and powerful.
I had one White Mage and Two Alchemists. Make the White Mage heal and the Alchemists mix Holy Water and a gem. (It doesn't matter which one.)

SeeDRankLou
03-14-2005, 03:25 AM
You are supposed to get the Cat Nip in chapter 5. You find it in a chest that appears after defeating the Black Elemental on Cloister 40 of the Via Infinito. In case you havn't stumbled upon this yet it is in the Bevelle Temple through the passage on the right. Pacce and the Kinderguardians are looking at a glyph in the floor. Talk to Pacce to gain entrance to the Via Infinito.
But he has to beat the Black Element before he can get it. :love: :D :love:

Equip a Songstress who has learned Magical Masque with something that gives her First Strike. When the battle begins, use Magical Masque which should render the Black Element completely helpless for the duration of the dance. The kill it with a Darkness, or if you need to Charon. If you don't have Magical Masque then use the above strategy with the First Strike and Charon that someone else mentioned.

rubah
03-14-2005, 03:38 AM
The easiest way to oversoul Chac is to get the basalisk type one battle from oversoul. I can't remember where any of them are (djose highroad?) but just save after each battle, then the next time one of them oversouls, reset and go to battle chac^_^

abrojtm
03-14-2005, 03:46 AM
Here are a few strategies for the Black Elemental:
-If you're on a New Game +, use your Catnip, duh.
-Use Magical Masque to keep your team basically invulnerable. Pound away with Darkness/Charon/stuff that actually hurts him.
-Have Samari use Mirror of Equity with 1 hp/ 9999 hp left.
-Have Berserker use Hurt with 9999/9999hp. (Equiping Crystal Bangles then using Howl/Dirty Dancing helps here.)
-Figure out how to do some attack that's not magical that still hurts him.

Toruko
03-14-2005, 04:34 AM
Thanks everyone for your help. I've beaten the Black Elemental and am around level 75 now! ^_^