PDA

View Full Version : magic

Maya
03-13-2005, 05:56 PM
How many of you think that drawing magic from monsters sucked?
It didnīt help anything except sometimes you got "free" healing.
You might compare that drawing to ff9 stealing.
Anyway I didnīt like it.
I had much more/better things to do in battles than draw magic and GFs.

Del Murder
03-13-2005, 05:57 PM
Yeah, it sucked all right.

chionos
03-13-2005, 06:23 PM
Learning magic (http://www.eyesonff.com/forums/showthread.php?t=57780) is not really learning magic in FFVIII. I can't help thinking of the spells as items, not spells. You don't stack spells!! You have ONE cure spell that consumes MP when used!! But alas, SQUARE must do its thing, which is to try new ludicrous endeavours(think FF:TSW) But for me MP = Final Fantasy.
Though drawing your GFs was kinda almost sorta fun. =)

Shoden
03-13-2005, 06:30 PM
in a way but the ff7 magic system and ff9+ were better

Braindead_Paul
03-13-2005, 07:07 PM
How many of you think that drawing magic from monsters sucked?
It didnīt help anything except sometimes you got "free" healing.

It helped a lot if you junctioned the spells correctly...
What I disliked about it was that I hardly ever used any magic as I needed the spells for the junctions. But spells weren't very effective in this game, so I didn't even want to use them...

Shoden
03-13-2005, 07:44 PM
the Mp system was alot better

Yuffie514
03-13-2005, 09:08 PM
i don't really see the nuisance of drawing magic :mad: . it's not like you always get one Cure after each draw :p . in my opinion, i rather have it no other way :jap: .

rubah
03-13-2005, 11:12 PM
I'm waiting for someone to tell us the joy of refining magic from items. which probably is a lot smarter.

*recalls hours in timber of pushing X waiting for spells to max out*

But once you have a good stock, they're definitely worth it.

And really, who doesn't like walking all over the Island Closest to Hell hoping to find that other ultima draw point? :D

DJZen
03-14-2005, 06:28 AM
It bothers people who don't use it strategically. Be selective, trying to make characters godlike takes forever. Just focus on one thing at a time. All will be well :D

Angel Of Apocolypse
03-14-2005, 10:58 AM
Only time I liked drawing form monsters was when you battle True Ultimecia and you can draw Apocolypse from her bottom half! I love Apocolypse...hint, hint...wait a moment, Apocolypse ia end of the world, right? Ahh! I see the four riders!!!!!

rubah
03-14-2005, 10:56 PM
Be selective, trying to make characters godlike takes forever. Just focus on one thing at a time. All will be well

But it's so much fun:D