PDA

View Full Version : Cloud Vs Squall Vs Zidane vs Tidus

Shoden
03-13-2005, 07:53 PM
i never really thought of this till now

who would win the fight and who would go first give some reason instead of acting like a retarded fanboy/girl no offence people

personally i'd say cloud because he has KOTR and omnislash which if he is raised good does 9999 per hit and omnislash does at leas 17 slashes plus counter attack and w-summon
Mp absorb + KOTR
Bahamut zero +quadra magic
Hades+hp absorb

that would kill anything any reasons for the others to win?

i think Zidane would go out first since he hardly does much damage per attack and his speed is always slow his trance wont do him much good though

Yuffie514
03-13-2005, 09:26 PM
Zidane wouldn't stand a chance with Tidus :jap: . Tidus wouldn't last too well against either Squall/Cloud since they're both much stronger :chop: . finally, there's Cloud and Squall and i personally think Squall has the upper hand :up: , given that his LionHeart is longer and if he summons GF, they would take cover for him :jap: . plus he can heal himself three times if he casts Triple and keeps on using Curaga :fpenerg: .

TasteyPies
03-13-2005, 09:31 PM
*Nod and agree with yuffie*

Ok, this threads done now :D

Chris
03-13-2005, 09:50 PM
I think Selphie could beat all of their asses all at the same time.

Masamune·1600
03-13-2005, 10:08 PM
Cloud. Give him the right combination of Counterattack, MP Absorb, HP Absorb, Final Attack, Phoenix, and perhaps mastered Double Cut linked with Counter materia, and he would win without even selecting a command.

muchacho
03-13-2005, 11:01 PM
how about if Tidus had his stats maxed. plus his best sword (the name has left me).

usaly i dont post in these threads cause its basicaly who you like the most.

rubah
03-13-2005, 11:30 PM
Blitz Ace just sorta owns everything else, at 99999 a hitX.x; You know?

Although, I'm more or less ignorant about the higher material combinations.

Let's just call it between tidus and cloud though. Zidane and Squall wouldn't stand much of a chance. except in the cool factor.

Harvest Moon
03-14-2005, 02:27 AM
Cloud would whipe that silly smirk off Tidus'es face and Squall would make Zidane his bitch.

Afterward these two are left standing. That old western showdown music plays *Whistles* and Cloud draws his hulk of a sword and Squall his gunblade. Using the logic of physics, Squall would clearly win as Cloud couldn't shield himself with his whonky sword fast enough to dodge an oncoming bullet. Not to meation he'd be too busy fantasizing about his dead girlfriend Aries. Squall wins no matter how you look at this..

Then Sipheroth shows up "Want to have t3h BuTT53x l0Lz1!1" Squall shrugs, does his infamous "whatever.." line and powpowchikawowwow! :tongue:

Hey, it's the least i could do for the ladies for killing off three of thier dream boys..

rubah
03-14-2005, 02:58 AM
*four. you forgot "Sephy"

Luckily for me you left the one I like best.

Monol
03-14-2005, 03:29 AM
Well i like zidane the most (VIRTUE CONQUERS ALL!) but ill have to say squall on this one...yes siree....he can like shoot everyone...and they will like......lose... :cool:

Azure Chrysanthemum
03-14-2005, 03:37 AM
I swear I've seen this thread before.

But I will answer the way I answered last time.

Locke Cole.

Yes, that's right, give him the Illumina, Atma Weapon, Offering and Genji Glove.

Then proceed to attack.

Once.

9999 damage 8 times. Bear in mind this is a normal attack, and it can target everyone, so all four of 'em will go down.

This is assuming, of course, that Tidus isn't allowed to have Break HP and Break Damage for this battle and the playing field is essentially evened.

The beauty of this strategy, of course, is the fact that you don't have to wait for your Limit Break to activate. It's just a normal attack that you can use every round.

Masamune·1600
03-14-2005, 09:50 AM
The outcome of this is the direct result of just how badly the Materia system can be abused. With optimal materia, using what I suggested earlier (using only the HP Absorb or the MP Absorb, depending on the situation), Cloud will attack 25 times whenever he is attacked. With 9999 hits, that's close to 250,000 damage. If you think every hit initiated by someone else will be lethal, then replace the Counter Materia(s) with more Final Attacks (The one linked to Phoenix is obviously necessary). With this strategy, Cloud would decimate Tidus even granting Break HP Limit and Break Damage Limit.

This strategy, purely in counterattacking, would take down everyone.

From purely gameplay parameters, only Squall would have a chance, and only by resorting to Heroes or Holy Wars. However, as soon as Squall did that (if he even had the opportunity, and realized that it was his only chance), I'm sure Locke, Cloud (okay, I'll throw in a Steal materia, fine), Zidane, and Tidus would all steal more of the invincibility items from him. This charade would carry itself out until all of those items were depleted, and then you have what happens above.

Destination0
03-14-2005, 10:08 AM
my money is on squall...

Gunblades
03-14-2005, 10:43 AM
Squall, he's the best practised at swordplay and the most comfortable in a combat situation. Cloud is using someone eles skills, zidane and Tidus are muppets. Im ignoring the stats, break limits etc because thats unfair to anyone pre ten and then unfair to anyone pre seven.

Masamune·1600
03-14-2005, 04:46 PM
To be fair, the original intent of the thread was based on gameplay parameters, since the originator referenced a number of abilities. Thus, a number of people expressed their opinions based on how they perceived certain statistical strengths and abilities would play out. There's nothing wrong with that.

Shoden
03-14-2005, 04:52 PM
Phoenix (mastered) + Final Attack (mastered) means cloud will keep coming back
KOTR+Counter
Bahamut Zero (level 2+) + Quadra magic
4x cut (mastered)

if cloud used enough power and guard sources most attacks would only do about 2000 max
if he used speed sources aswell he could get lots of attacks beffore anyone else gets one except squall who can junction haste but if cloud keep using 4x cut that would overkill anyone so cloud cannot lose if he has the right materia combinations

Sefie1999AD
03-14-2005, 05:21 PM
Anyone who hits 9999 damage first gets anyone killed. Except Tidus can have 99,999 HP. Even so, in that case, Cloud has KotR and Omnislash, Squall has Renzokuken and Leonhart, and Zidane has Steal (no sword and no armor on Tidus = no Break Max HP and no Break Damage Limit).

My pick: Fully-Equipped Onion Kid.

Shoden
03-14-2005, 05:54 PM
cloud may have a chocobo feather equipped and alot of speed sources and in fury status. guard sources if enough used would make 9999 damage something like 4035

Zante
03-14-2005, 07:22 PM
From the stats side, Tidus would win as he can have the highest stats.

But overal, I think it would be either Cloud or Squall, as Tidus and Zidane are more of the speedy types.

Azure Chrysanthemum
03-14-2005, 09:55 PM
Ah, I'd completely forgotten about materia twinkage. That does give Cloud the edge.

Shoden
03-14-2005, 09:57 PM
+the fury status which means one hit and on comes omnislash cloud can also summon Hades with HP abrob he heals himself + everyone else is poisoned silenced confused and slowed

squareSOFT
03-23-2005, 10:29 PM
Man you all dont know what you're talking about. All tidus has to do is haste up the party and then repeatedly use delay buster/attack on one character over and over again. And the long waiting time is virtually gone thx to haste. That remover either squall or cloud. Then, Zidane uses soul blade, blinding the other char. From that pointon it's all repeating these steps and Zidane and Tidus would come out on top. If necessary all Tidus has to do is get all the sphere nodes activated and ultimata it up.

RedCydranth
03-24-2005, 12:48 AM
Man you all dont know what you're talking about. All tidus has to do is haste up the party and then repeatedly use delay buster/attack on one character over and over again. And the long waiting time is virtually gone thx to haste. That remover either squall or cloud. Then, Zidane uses soul blade, blinding the other char. From that pointon it's all repeating these steps and Zidane and Tidus would come out on top. If necessary all Tidus has to do is get all the sphere nodes activated and ultimata it up.

Man, YOU don't know what you are talking about. Tidus has no 'party' to hasten up.

If each person could only fight within the realms of their respected video game then Tidus would be the victor beacuse Zidane, Cloud and Squall can only do a max 9999 per hit and Tidus can reach 99999.

Now if it were realistic and all video game moves and realms destroyed and it were on our planet with our physics and limitations the fight goes to the best weilder of their weapon and skills. If that is the case I'd put my money on Zidane. Cloud and Squall's baldes would be unweildable here on earth and Tidus's skill with the blade isn't nearly what Zidane has with his knives.

squareSOFT
03-24-2005, 03:37 AM
Man, YOU don't know what you are talking about. Tidus has no 'party' to hasten up.

If each person could only fight within the realms of their respected video game then Tidus would be the victor beacuse Zidane, Cloud and Squall can only do a max 9999 per hit and Tidus can reach 99999.

Now if it were realistic and all video game moves and realms destroyed and it were on our planet with our physics and limitations the fight goes to the best weilder of their weapon and skills. If that is the case I'd put my money on Zidane. Cloud and Squall's baldes would be unweildable here on earth and Tidus's skill with the blade isn't nearly what Zidane has with his knives.

Right, sorry that was my bad. I'm still puttin my money on tidus though even if he's only got the regular amount of damage

Gunblades
03-25-2005, 10:28 AM
good god....Redcydranth, i actually agree with you.

although on a side note, despite the relevant bad elements to squals gunblade, he is helped an aweful lot by the extra long grip, if he knew how to use a hand and a half properly he wouldnt do to bad.

Dreddz
03-25-2005, 08:14 PM
Tidus
Because Zidane, Squall and Cloud could never hit a girl

black orb
03-26-2005, 02:07 AM
>>> lol, Tidus can do about a million of damage with blitz ace. :D

shortlilboi328
06-30-2005, 04:42 AM
I like Squall but Tidus or Zidane would win Squall and Cloud would kill each other leaving Zidane and Tidus

DJZen
06-30-2005, 06:28 AM
Tidus can break the damage barrier, thus he can out-twink the others. Plus which he also has access to Ultima, Holy, Flare, and other fun suprises. Omnislash indeed... HARUMPH!

theoryonlyworksintheory
06-30-2005, 06:52 AM
I think in a realistic situation Squall would win hands down. Gunblade, relatively good size not unwieldable like Cloud's

FoxHoundx25
06-30-2005, 07:36 PM
First off Tidus would be too busy painting his nails to fight so he's out, i think zidane would be too quick for squall, even though squall is hardcore.....eventually cloud would kill squall, and zidane wouldn't be able to hit him withought getting his stuff ruined.....even though uit would be close cloud takes it

Craig
06-30-2005, 07:47 PM
If we're going by battle physics, Tidus. Maxed out he would be the fastest and strongest and would win.

If we're not going by battle physics, Zidane. He'd be the fastest out of them all, and with a double sword he'd have the best weapon.

Alexander
06-30-2005, 08:22 PM
Well. Squall, Cloud and Tidus, they all can be over-powered, Zidane can not. But okay. Let's see... how Zidane can win, with a little bit of luck and dumbness from Cloud XD

Zidane is naturally the fastest. He starts with What's That!?, making Tidus, Squall and Cloud lose a turn, because they are Ambushed.
Zidane again. He uses Soul Blade + Ultima Weapon, putting Cloud in a pleasant sleep.
Tidus gets a turn and uses Full Break, totally destroying Squall's stats. Ouch.
Squall uses a Remedy+, healing the Full Break.
Zidane. He uses Soul Blade + Ultima Weapon, making Tidus sleep.
Squall uses Aura, putting him into Aura status. YAY.
Zidane uses Soul Blade once again. Squall is Asleep. Mwahahaha.
Cloud wakes up and summons Hades. Squall, Tidus and Zidane take a good damage and lots of nasty status Ailments now. Squall and Tidus are still Asleep.
Zidane, Confused, randomly attacks Squall. Squall wakes up, healed from Confusion, but with Poison, Silence, yadda yadda.
Cloud uses Break, damaging and stoning Squall. Poor little angsty teenager. XD
Zidane, Confused, randomly attacks himself. He is not Confused anymore, but he is on Critical status. Restore HP ability fully heals him. Yay. But he has a lot of status ailments T_T
Tidus wakes up, and he is Confused! He randomly uses a Antidote on Cloud, healing him from a Poision status Cloud don't have XD
Cloud uses Demi3, smurfing Tidus and Zidane's HP.
Zidane uses a Remedy and heals himself from everything.
Tidus randomly attacks Cloud.
Cloud physically attacks Tidus, killing him. Bye bye.
Zidane uses Soul Blade + Ultima Weapon. Cloud is Asleep. Ouch.
Zidane uses fully powered Thievery. 9999 damage on Cloud, killing him.

Zidane is the winner. *shot*

But if all four of them were TOTALLY powered up, Tidus would him by far. XD

In a realistic battle, Zidane would win, because Cloud would never stand his Buster Sword's weight, and Gunblades/Water Swords don't exist XD

But Quina would still pwn everyone of them. Easily. *-*~~~~ :love: :love: :love: :love: :love:

TurkSlayer
06-30-2005, 09:04 PM
Zidane and Tidus would be down in minutes. The real fight would be between Squall and Cloud. I can't say who'd win, but Cloud seems to be the storonger opponent, so I'd place my bet on him.

Alexander
06-30-2005, 10:48 PM
Zidane and Tidus would be down in minutes. The real fight would be between Squall and Cloud. I can't say who'd win, but Cloud seems to be the storonger opponent, so I'd place my bet on him.

Tidus can have 99999 HP. 'Nuff said. o_O

Magaso
07-01-2005, 12:44 AM
Anyone from FF6 could own them all, with the

Gem Box+Vanish+X-Zone trick, they could take them all out one at a time.

Alexander
07-01-2005, 02:43 PM

Vanish+X-Zone MAy miss... and with Could & the others with maximized levels and stats, it WOULD miss. XD

Magaso
07-01-2005, 05:31 PM
Then Just use Gem Box+Quick+Ultima.

Mirage
07-01-2005, 05:41 PM
*character from one game* vs *character from another game* threads are STUPID. Because people just says "HAY BUT HE CAN DO 9999 DMG AND HE HAS 99999 HP LOL". I think I'll make a game in RPGmaker or whatever, and make the max hp and damage three hundred billions, that way the main character in that game can win over any other video game character.
For something like this to work, all characters would have to be put into the same battle system, and even then, the first character to attack would win, because they can all deal much more than 9999, thus capping it to 9999, or have a defence ignoring attack that can deal 9999, like thievery. So basically, the one who gets the first attack wins, and seeing as everyone but Cloud can get "First strike" or similiar abilities, he will definitely lose. solo-player RPGs are horribly, horribly unbalanced if you set up characters against characters from other games, or even characters from the same game.
I'm done.

XxSephirothxX
07-01-2005, 05:48 PM
I think Squall would lose because I hate him more than the other three. :p

Doomie
07-01-2005, 06:25 PM

FM would LOVE you.

Excelsior
07-02-2005, 05:28 AM
ok, realistically, squall would win. theres no question. you see, a "gun" fires a "bullet" which "kills" said "victim". and theres no dodging it, cuz it goes at the speed of sound. however, if you want to go realistically to the point where gunblades dont exist, zidane would win, as no one can actually wield a buster sword properly, especially since cloud has incredibly small muscles. and zidane is just more skilled then tidus hands down.

AerisIsMyGod
07-02-2005, 12:33 PM
Pfft! Knight of the Round + Omnislash + Big Sword + Dead ghost girlfriend that can summon magic that destroys meteors = 3 dead girly looking 'men'

Delta
07-03-2005, 12:07 AM
My answer:
Squall would win he has superior speed when maxed and a better limit, where as Tidus need's his overdrive to go up (and that takes ages!) Zidane would use trance to kill Cloud first or if he was maxed out just attack.

Ohhh
07-15-2005, 01:35 PM
Pur-lease! Cloud is in a league of his own! Tidus is a woman and zidane has a tail, cloud MAY struggle a bit wid Squall, but after a few mins, cloud will stand the winner :D

Ryudo, Zell's evil twin
07-18-2005, 11:15 AM
has to be cloud or squall id say cloud omnislash and kights of the round and if he has final attack mastered equipped with pheonix he has 5 lives unbeatable

raskerino
07-31-2005, 04:15 AM
First of overdone topic, but that won't stop me repeating successful arguments from other threads (don't remember who initially said this). From gameplay at 255 (max speed with auto haste cloud vs 177 (NOT max) auto haste squall, squall's bar goes up four times faster. I never beefed up zidane but if I remember right he's slightly faster than cloud (maybe a ratio between him and squall of 3:1). Tidus we have no clue of his comparative speed as the systems there don't intermix at all but I will assume a ratio between him and squall of approximately 3:1 (squall's favor) as both he and zidane are speedy characters I'm scoring them equally. All characters start at the beginning of their bar (so it's equal). Lastly I'm assuming all characters are beefed up to the maximum.
The fight:
1.Squall casts aura on himself (at this speed it will last at least 8 turns)
2.Squall heros himself (once again will last a while)
3.Squall renzokuken's Zidane, Zidane auto lifes to 1 HP and his bar starts over
4.Tidus gets a turn, as he cannot attack squall he kills off one of the others, probably zidane to stop him from ever reviving.
5.Let's give this turn to cloud, KoR kills tidus who auto pheonix's and doesn't touch Squall.
5.Squall renzokukens tidus, tidus is out.
6.Squall kills cloud, cloud uses final attack, revive 2.
7.For the next million turns squall's bar fills up faster and he kills cloud everyone of them.
1538205.Cloud's mp runs out, he cannot revive!!!
Clear 1st Squall crushingly wins
2nd Cloud, honorable mention for lasting forever
3rd Tidus
4th Zidane

Or alternatively if people stole hero's from squall...
4.Tidus steals from squall!!! He has about a 1 in 1000 chance of stealing hero but say he gets luck and does... he never gets another turn to use it... so sad=same results as above.

I don't see any problem with the above except arguably tidus' speed being incompatible. Other than that Squall would win a three vs Squall fight. This all based on gameplay.

crashNUMBERS
07-31-2005, 04:20 AM
Zidane's small for a 17 year old so he takes thee cake...

Rengori
07-31-2005, 04:47 AM
Cloud has an advantage with a really huge sword, but a gunblade could easily counter that. Tidus would probably forget unless someone else he recognized was there (his attention span goes little past blitzball), and all of the others could easily kill him anyway (Cloud's sword is much larger than Tidus's, Squall is much more experienced, and Zidane would probably swipe Tidus's sword). Squall has the largest advantage, but assuming Zidane or Cloud got close enough while Squall was being defensive, that advantage would go away soon. Zidane, having the shortest weapon, is at a huge disadvantage. However, in stabing distance, I doubt Cloud would be able to hit Zidane without doing himself in. So, it's down to Zidane and Squall. Squall would have the upper hand unless Zidane went into trance, in which case Zidane would be more than enough. He would also die easily if Squall got his limit break, so I'm going to say a tie.

Lushs
07-31-2005, 07:47 AM
I don't know who would win... it's a toughy... but i agree 100% I like Zidane and everything but he's slow, he's not that tough, his Trance is not that damaging either...

Rengori
07-31-2005, 07:36 PM
What are you talking about? Zidane's the fastest person in the game.

boys from the dwarf
08-01-2005, 05:45 PM
first were not talking about stats because anyone could win as long as there higher levels were talking about if they were real life people in a fight id say it gos like this(i dont rig these ive done a deathmatch for every FF and i just let flow instead of rigging like most do.)

tidus and cloud sword fight. cloud beat up tidus a bit but before he finishes him zidane comes from behind and slits tiduses throat then throws his dagger at cloud.cloud gets cut on the arm but not very badly.zidane draws his theif sword and takes on cloud and sqall.2 against one and zidane is being overwhelmed and his opponent manage to douyble clothesline him in the face with there swords.cloud suddenly catches sqall of gaurd and suprises him.sqall blocks the strike but falls over clouds about to finish him but sqall legs cloud up.cloud getup as well as sqall and starts to fight sqall.clouds sword being bigger and more powerful starts to overwhelm sqalls gunsowrd but then sqall pulls the trigger and knocks clouds sword out of his hands and cuts cloud up.
sqall wins.

SomethingBig
08-02-2005, 06:32 AM
Putting aside stupid things like being able to break the damage counter, Cloud and Squall would be in a tie.

Squall - He'd probably be the biggest challenge for Cloud. With many years of experience with a blade, Squall would be a very formidable opponent. He also has the gunblade, which can shoot Cloud from a distance, or inflict extra damage up close. But Cloud has meteor rain, so he also has distance on his side. Omnislash = Squall's final limit(name's right on the tip of my tongue)

Zidane - No contest. Zidane can steal all the potions he want, but Cloud would blow him away with an Omnislash. Zidane may be able to turn Super Saiyan, but he has a snowball's chance in hell of beating Cloud and his awesomeness.

Tidus - Whiny little prick. Cloud could just show him a picture of him kissing Yuna, and Tidus would cry himself to Zanarkand.
Serious answer: Tidus is a whiny little prick. Cloud obviously has the advantage over Tidus, since he was infused with mako. And Tidus is also inexperienced with everything he does, except cry and Blitz Ball.

If it wasn't so specific, then I'd say what Behold The Void said about Locke.

Rengori
08-02-2005, 07:35 AM
Omnislash = Squall's final limit(name's right on the tip of my tongue)
Lionheart.

OGBashComingTru
05-15-2008, 01:20 AM
he'd beat any player controlled character becuase hes the fastest and has intiative does 99999 so squall zidane and the mighty cloud would fall cloud could counter with final attack phoenix but tidus also has auto-life and final attack doesnt work twice . And all the bosses besides a few optional ones couldnt stand against quick hit as it hits like 6 times before even nemisis can attack tidus is a beast and is the reason why they decide to make ffXII more challenging and the characters less beastly....but seriously 7-10 are a joke compared to 12 in my opinion

Azure Chrysanthemum
05-15-2008, 02:24 AM
This thread's pushing 3 years old. Please don't revive old threads.