PDA

View Full Version : Love for Meliadoul!

Yuzuki130
03-13-2005, 08:47 PM
Post your love for the great Meliadoul Tingel here!

What's so good about her? Her Mighty Sword rocks! And she's not disgustingly overpowered like Orlando, who makes the game WAY too easy.

I <3 Meliadoul!!!

Azure Chrysanthemum
03-13-2005, 08:49 PM
Unfortunately if there are no human foes around her Mighty Sword goes from awesome to useless in no time at all.

Wiegrahf42
03-14-2005, 01:42 AM
Meh, she seemed like a tacked on afterthought to me. Never used her. Beowulf is easily superior, and my Ramza could own them both. This is not mentioning Reis.

eestlinc
03-14-2005, 04:20 AM
well, Beowulf and Reis are "secret" characters.

Quina
03-14-2005, 06:11 AM
She's good for story battles.

Masamuneˇ1600
03-14-2005, 08:31 AM
I'd have to say I much prefer Agrias.

dodhungry
03-14-2005, 09:59 PM
Why Meliadoul when its I Heart Reis week. I only show love for Meliadoul when I kick her out of my party :tongue:

BG-57
03-14-2005, 10:58 PM
She's great in boss battles, but I needed to train her a lot to give her Math Skills so she could be useful in random monster battles.

However, her quote when you click on her icon sure gets me wondering. Think she's got a thing for Ramza? :love: They would have a lot in common.

Kawaii Ryűkishi
03-14-2005, 11:43 PM
I like to damage enemies, not their equipment.

Yuzuki130
03-16-2005, 05:53 PM
I like to damage enemies, not their equipment.

She does serious damage when you use mighty sword, not just break equipment!

TurkSlayer
03-24-2005, 11:38 PM
However, her quote when you click on her icon sure gets me wondering. Think she's got a thing for Ramza? :love: They would have a lot in common.

If she does, they're not intended to be together. Its suppose to be Ramza and Agrais. If you ever play the japanese version, theres a scene where Ramza and Agrais talk about there futures and in the end hold hands. Don't know why they took it out in the American version.

RedCydranth
03-25-2005, 01:17 AM
If she does, they're not intended to be together. Its suppose to be Ramza and Agrais. If you ever play the japanese version, theres a scene where Ramza and Agrais talk about there futures and in the end hold hands. Don't know why they took it out in the American version.

I've never heard that one. I always though he and Meliadoul had feelings for eachother but since Ramza was supposed to have died fighting Ajora, he'd lose his incognito status if he and Meliadoul were to elope. However if Meliadoul was supposedly dead as well it'd work out. They never say at the end anything about any other members other than Alma, Ramza and Orlandu... which has me thinking, if you dismiss Orlandu, do you get a different ending? I'll check that out. I have a master game with all characters lv. 99 and most with every job mastered (some do not have Summoner mastered)

BG-57
03-25-2005, 01:29 AM
It's news to me as well.

Based on what we do see in the game, Agrias seems to be all business around Ramza. They're clearly comardes in arms and have a mutual respect, but the only person she seems to have a soft spot for is Ovelia.

I would have thought that Meliadoul and Ramza are more suited for each other anyways. Despite coming from families on opposing sides of a conflict (where have I heard that before?) they both lost siblings and parents through treachery.

Of course love between them may be doomed, but it makes it all the more touching. Of course I'd prefer them to be together after the ending; but the ambiguity of the ending makes that possible, just as it makes dozens of other scenarios possible.

TurkSlayer
03-25-2005, 03:32 PM
I always hated the way they ended the game. Don't get me wrong, I liked the ending, but i wish they explained more of what happened to everyone. And they didn't really explain Orlandu. Olan just mentioned that he wondered what happened to him. And really I was suprised about Agrias+Ramza aswell. i never expected them to be together. However I never really thought about Ramza+Meliadoul either. i actually always thought Ramza+Rafa. They seemed to have some feelings for each other, or at least it seem that way to me. However I never really like Rafa so i sort of prefer Ramza+Agrias.

Yuzuki130
03-25-2005, 08:06 PM
The ending kind of makes you think that all of the party members except for Ramza and Alma die...

BG-57
03-25-2005, 08:45 PM
Granted, it's implied, but even if they didn't die, it would be in their best interest to be presumed dead.

My rule of thumb in anime, movies or video games is: if you don't see a character die onscreen, they might not have really died.

dodhungry
03-25-2005, 10:11 PM
For me to think of Ramza and Meliadoul together is :tied: but hey what do you expect from a pimp like Ramza?

Yuzuki130
03-27-2005, 04:23 AM
Ramza... a pimp...? Yeeeeeeeeeeeeeesssssssssssss...

Koryiaki
04-16-2005, 07:48 PM
because of my curiousity on the topic your spoylers hit, after i get EVERYTHING in a game with ALL non generic charecters, Im gunna run through the game with NO non generic charecters to see if anythings different seeing as well, it would make the ending make a lot more sense lol

Vod
05-01-2005, 02:20 AM
Am I the only one who thinks that Balma...whatever had feelings for Ramza? I mean she is the only non-random named girl who went to Ramza's quote unquote "funeral"?

DarkMagus
05-03-2005, 05:43 AM
Woo, a thread all for Meliadoul. Well, looking at the responses, I have to say I agree and disagree with most replied.

Meliadoul, from a storyline POV, was a wonderful character, and, since the first time you fight her, she became my favorite character. She has a wonderfully deep character, and a hellacious life, which usually make for an interesting character, IMO.

Meliadoul, as an NPC character, was a situational character. Unfortunately, she usually missed the cut in my final party until she learned alternate skills. Considering I had 3 final parties (One with Olandu, one without Orlandu, and one I used Gameshark on), Meliadoul usually misses out. However, I ALWAYS give her other skills, just because I enjoy using her.

As for the "Ramza X ????," I never knew about the Ramza and Agrias scene (Makes me want to Import a japanese FF:T game), and, if anyone, I though it would be Ramza and Rafa or Meliadoul. Meliadoul and Ramza have more in common IMO, but, Ramza and Rafa seemed to bond so easily so quickly.

I'm still a huge Meliadoul fan though. And, when it comes to damaging people, Meliadoul doesn't do it any better than with her Might Sword, as the attacks usually do an upwards of 300-400 points of damage, AND breaking an essential piece of equipment on the enemy.

Lich3636
05-26-2005, 02:46 PM
yea I wish they would have explained what happened to everyone after kind of like fire emblem. Lol they could even do the normal characters and just randomly generate a story after it would be funny to hear that a priest became like a thief after

Gwelenguchenkus
05-26-2005, 10:58 PM
I was suprised about Agrias+Ramza aswell. i never expected them to be together.

Don't take offense, but I don't believe a word of that until I know what sources you heard this from. I have known people on the FFT board at gamefaqs who have played the japanese version and tackled some of the wacky translation, but no where have I heard of such a thing as Agrias and Ramza being together in the japanese version. You better have good evidence, because I hate it when people spread false rumors.

Not to accuse you of LYING anything, I'm just saying that an idea this radical should be considered false until proven otherwise, since you very well could have been decieved yourself.

Meliadoul is a great character, but sadly orlandu can do anything she can, and much better (and more powerful). Orlandu is a little bit cheap, and I'm not sure why they had to make him so blasted strong, but still.

TurkSlayer
05-27-2005, 12:52 AM
Not to accuse you of LYING anything, I'm just saying that an idea this radical should be considered false until proven otherwise, since you very well could have been decieved yourself.

Sadly, I have no evidence for you. You could be right, I may have been decieved. However, my source was trustworthy, but he may have lied this time. He sent me a picture of the scene, but it could have been fake. I've seen it done before. Anyway, the picture is long gone, and i have no proof besides that.

Gwelenguchenkus
05-27-2005, 08:23 AM
It's alright, I'm going to crack this cookie, because this is very interesting indeed. I doubt I will be able to find anything on the scene but I'll try.

There is a possibility that it was implied in the japanese version, and not in the english version.

I mean take a look at the translation fo this game!! There's an ERROR in almost every line, it's absolutely HORRID. Sometimes the translation is so bad in this game, it's hard to know just what the HELL they are talking about. Anyone agree with me on this?

Anyway, on topic. Meliadoul. Hot or Not? Just kidding.

>>>

EDIT:

This FAQ was released very shortly after the release of FFT in JAPAN, back in 1997. It is a direct translation of everything in the game, including the dialogue, as well as scene interpretations.

http://db.gamefaqs.com/console/psx/file/final_fantasy_tactics_zodiac_brave.txt

Also, there is an entire thread on the message boards detailing the differences between the Japanese version and the translation here:

http://boards.gamefaqs.com/gfaqs/genmessage.php?board=197339&topic=20444212

if these links don't work, first go to www.gamefaqs.com, THEN copy/paste the links.

These thoroughly disprove any Meliadoul/Ramza or Agrais/Ramza love connections in the japanese version.

Apparently, the biggest difference is the ending scene, but has nothing to do with Ramza hooking up with anyone else.

BG-57
05-28-2005, 02:10 PM
Anyway, on topic. Meliadoul. Hot or Not? Just kidding.

I thought she was cute enough to do a portrait of her a couple of years ago. She looks better with her hood down though IMHO.

My name is...something..?
05-28-2005, 03:40 PM
I'd have to say I much prefer Agrias.
You and me both. :cool:

Star of Penumbra
06-25-2005, 10:40 PM
I like her, and I used her in my last playthrough as soon as I got her. She was doing quite well.

One thing that's often overlooked is the fact that Divine Knights can equip spears and crossbows. Crossbows suck, but spears are great, second only to knight swords. My setup was pretty much

Divine Knight (Mighty Sword)
Jump
Abandon (my favorite reaction ability, but you can switch it out for Speed Save if you think it's too cheap)
Equip Change
Move +2

Have her switch between swords and spears depending on whether you're fighting humans or monsters.