PDA

View Full Version : Down With Dihydrogen Monoxide!

Chemical
03-13-2005, 09:57 PM
FACT:

Every year more than 100 people in North America die by Dihydrogen Monoxide.

FACT:

Children are often exposed to Dihydrogen Monoxide before the even leave their mothers wombs.

FACT:

Most people consume Dihydrogen Monoxide without a second thought, giving no concious thought to how Dihydrogen Monoxide has become a staple in their diets.

FACT:

The market in North America for Dihydrogen Monoxide has trippled!

FACT:

Excess amounts of Dihydrogen Monoxide are introduced to our ecosystem everyday. Our Forests. Our Agricultural fields. Our Oceans. Infesting our natural resources with horendous amounts of this chemical solution.

ARE YOU A VICTIM?!

-----------

What are your comments on this horrendous mixture?!

Are you interested in signing a petition to ban DiHydrogen Monoxide from your country?!

Isn't it time the government stepped up and set up rehabiliations units for users of Dihydrogen Monoxide?!

crono_logical
03-13-2005, 10:02 PM
Sorry, but I'm addicted to this particular chemical :p

Jojee
03-13-2005, 10:10 PM
It's the best thing that has happened to this country! >=\ I buy tons and tons of it all the time.

meowwl
03-13-2005, 10:10 PM
:p Water water everywhere but not a drop to drink!! :tongue: now gimme a tall glass of Adam's Ale!

Halan
03-13-2005, 10:16 PM
Eeeh, this was really big a few years ago and everyone was freaking out (a mayor to some town nearly had a cow over it). Eh, old.

Nice website on it though: http://www.breakthechain.org/exclusives/h2owarning.html

krissy
03-13-2005, 10:18 PM
holy crap hi ash

i shoot it up into my veins every night

Jojee
03-13-2005, 10:18 PM
Hahahah nice one, Halan xD I can't believe anyone, much less a full grown adult, would fall for that, though. :| That's.... really sad. T_T

Edit: Omg, and city officials at that. People that we elect to REPRESENT us? I'm gonna cry.

boris no no
03-13-2005, 10:20 PM
i always like mine hot with a slice of lemon!
perhaps with a little C6H12O6, the alpha-D molecule is my prefernce.
i need lots of dihydogen monoxide when i have a little too much sodium chloride with my Solanum tuberosum.
:tongue:

Levian
03-13-2005, 10:22 PM
Yer, and that nasty old Dihydrogen Monoxide did kill couple hundred thousand just a few months ago in Asia.

I say ban it.

Psychotic
03-13-2005, 10:38 PM
Dihydrogen Monoxide is all around me! AAAH IT'S IN MY BODY! HELP! HELP ME! :(

-N-
03-13-2005, 10:42 PM
I'm immune to it due to prolonged exposure.

Chemical
03-13-2005, 10:53 PM
holy crap hi ash

Hey good looking! ;)

But yeah, the main point of this post was to express (in a satirical manner) people's own ignorance when it comes to bettering our world.

There are people who blindly protest and sign up for activist like things without understanding or knowing what it is they are actually getting into.

This is my calling! To all you activists and people who want to make a change in the world for the better. Know what it is your signing up for! Don't just skip over everything and sign your name on the dotted line. We have too many ignoramouses as it is, telling us how to better the world without understand the econonmics, politics or even bare essentials of the subject matter at hand.

It's great to have an oppinion... but make sure that oppinion is educated and you can back your crap up.

This was based on an video I saw, where people went around with a petition all day, asking people to sign it to band Dihydrogen Monoxide. It showed how easily people can manipulate eachother simply by rewording something that is essential in our daily lives and making it into something possibly negative.

In otherwords, don't get whisked away by the passionate ramblings of people who imagine themselves as martyrs and modern day saviours.

Del Murder
03-13-2005, 11:23 PM
I didn't read that whole post but I agree with you. Sign me up!

Dr.K
03-13-2005, 11:25 PM
I have that exact article on my bedroom door :)
The ones on that are:-
*FOUND IN CAR EXHAUST EMISSIONS
*FOUND IN THE CANCER CELLS OF TERMINAL PATIENTS
*CAN BURN THE BREATHING PASSAGES IN IT'S GASEOUS FORM
and a few others I can't recall. Triffic stuff.

Meat Puppet
03-13-2005, 11:25 PM
I said I was addicted to it in #eoff first.

cl_out stole it off me.

:spin:

Big D
03-13-2005, 11:53 PM
A few years ago, someone sent a copy of that warning to the New Zealand Green Party (http://www.greens.org.nz/), a major political party. They took it seriously, and promised to look into it:p

DMKA
03-14-2005, 12:10 AM
I support the move to ban this.

Yamaneko
03-14-2005, 12:38 AM
What's Dihydrogen Monoxide?

Shlup
03-14-2005, 12:41 AM
What's Dihydrogen Monoxide?
*smack*

rubah
03-14-2005, 12:51 AM
When you freeze it, it doesn't last very long ;_;

it's an awful good cleansing agent. It'll stick to just about anything.

RSL
03-14-2005, 12:54 AM
I think I got a chain email with this once. Or something. It was good for a chuckle.

Shiroi Kumo
03-14-2005, 03:50 AM
...Eh, old.

XxSephirothxX
03-14-2005, 03:52 AM
Sniffing DiHydrogen Monoxide produces undesirable results.

Kirkpatrick
03-14-2005, 05:08 AM
I've heard they're even developing cars that emit nothing but pure Dihydrogen Monoxide. I think we should work hard to ban it before such abominations are allowed to be manufactured.

And yeah, I think it's pretty scary that public officials haven't taken grade 10 level science :p.

Madonna
03-14-2005, 05:20 AM
It's better as an April Fools joke.