PDA

View Full Version : Who was your Choice Blitzball Team?

Cuchulainn
03-14-2005, 02:52 AM
I thoughly enjoyed Blitzball & my team ended up winning 7-0/8-0 every match.
Who was your Choice team? I started right after I got the Airship & started by getting rid of EVERY Auroch player. Then went scouting. My first team was;
Goal: Juma Guado
RD: Wedge
LD: Kyou
MF: Brother (Best Player In The Game At Low Levels, He Owns Everyone)
LF: Tidus
LF: Shammi

I then got rid of Juma Guado, threw Kyou in Goal (CA: 17, at early stages, tis good) & got Ropp, the single greatest defender in the game bar none.

Then i seen that Eigaar was released by the Psychs, bye Shammi hello Eigaar.

I then had to bide my time until the WALL that is Nimrook was retardedly dropped from thew Al Bhed Psychs (the SCURGE of your game at early levels might I add), when he was...Bingo. Then time biding again until Larbeight was free, Eigaar was substitute striker from there. The last change was bringing in Kulukan when Wedges stats started slowing & from there....ownage

Who was you choices?

Spammerman
03-14-2005, 03:52 AM
i use watever possible.I use passer in midfield.pass it to tidus in rightfield then shoot long distance.IN early lvls i can usually score iwt sphere shot

Yuffie514
03-14-2005, 04:30 AM
i think i fired all the Aurochs :freak: and replaced them with free agents :D .

Del Murder
03-14-2005, 05:09 AM
I added Wakka and Brother, and kept all the rest. Jassu, Tidus, Keepa, and someone else. I never lost in that play through, though I did lose in my first playthrough a couple times. I used a whole bunch of people then.

alexholker
03-14-2005, 05:20 AM
LF: Wedge
RF: Tidus
MF: Brother
LD: Tatts
RD: Kyou
G: Jumal?

I'm waiting for the opportunity to take Nimrook out of the game.

Spammerman
03-14-2005, 12:52 PM
i dont care who im used.All i know is im stayin undefeated

tailz
03-14-2005, 03:07 PM
i keep the aurochs team complete exempt that argh datto i took wakka and brother and foila perfection wakka was always on the bench but well trained so if anything would go wrong he could go in bould for the rest

G: keepa (lvl 23)
ld: jassu (lvl 24)
rd: botta (lvl 24)
mf: brother (lvl 25)
lf:tidus (lvl 25)
rf: letty (lvl 23)

bench wakka (lvl 20) and datto (lvl 5 :P)

never lost ever since i got this team

Old Manus
03-14-2005, 04:05 PM
My team when I got the sigil was:

GK: Nimrook
LD: Lakkam
RD: Linna
MF: Blappa
RF: Wedge

Then I got bored and killed them.

youk
03-14-2005, 06:23 PM
lf:tidus
rf:wedge
mid:berrik(he owns)
rd:doram
ld:judda
g:nimrook

that team owns and is undefeated :p

rubah
03-14-2005, 11:25 PM
in my majorlongblitzballplayingsessionofdoom, I think my team was something like:

RF: Tidus
LF: Wedge (I never could get the other teams to give biggs up-_-)
RD: Jassu
LD: Shuu (squee:D)
K: Jumal

Ryth
03-15-2005, 01:52 AM
I fired every Auroch except Keepa.

RF: Eeigar
MF: Tidus
LF: Bickson
RF: Brother
LF: Graav
G: Keepa

This team dominates everyone in the league!

Monol
03-15-2005, 02:18 AM
Dude...i was an all racial team...zev ronso...typicly the loser ronso who was never picked for anything who was my defense...zalitz...the terrible..weird..guy..thing....pah guado..the awsome BLUE GUADO! for defense of course...his passing rocks...nimrock? alternate alh-behd goalie...savandah...the ultimate crusader ( i think thats what she is) from the calm land endge...she is by far one of the best players in the game...tatts...replaced cause he is in fact THE best character (threw of my style...to many humans) got another guado named nav guado (i think) who was black..and fast as crap...then there was tidus of course..and then...*drum roll* DURREN! my goalie! one time getter! awsome warrior monk!! i think there may have been somone else..but im not quite sure...i loved me team.... :D may there memory live on.. :cool:

Masamune·1600
03-15-2005, 02:57 AM
It doesn't really matter who you use, since Tidus can score 10 to 15 goals every time by himself. I think I had Tidus and Vuroja at the forwards, Brother at the MF, and Nimrook in goal. My defenders escape me att the moment: I think I had a rotation that included Jassu, Kyou, and Ropp, but I could be wrong. And I believe I had Wakka and Rin on the bench.

Mo-Nercy
03-15-2005, 03:22 AM
Tidus, Larbeight, Linna, Naida, Kyou and Miyu.

I started avoiding Brother. It's more fun to play against him. Larbeight actually becomes a kick-ass forward in later levels.

Cuchulainn
03-15-2005, 03:47 AM
I concur slightly, but Brother he's just too good NOT to sign. I disagree about Tidus, after level 50 his stats start to drop & you'll find yourself with the best Forward in the game bar NONE, Larbeight of Kilika Beasts. I also signed people just to drop them again to see their reactions, most were good & gave some little bit of story, like that guy Icksen in Kilika who insults you because hew was infected with Toxins, little touches like that, plus he wasn't a bad Forward at all.
Or semi-comical ones like when you sign that girl Naida from the Calm lands Travel Agency, who trains to be a decent alternative to Wedge at RD 'It was fun but I better get back to the shop beforte Rin kills me' etc etc
I never bothered with Wakka, I let him Retire...
Best defender is Ropp by the way, the Al Bhed at Mi'hen Travel Agency never miss an opportunity to sign him. Also Kyou, the Crusader at Djose Temple bridge.
I never played Wedge in Forward, as no one beat him for RD for a long time & there were bettewr forwards out there.

DeBlayde
03-15-2005, 08:29 AM
I'm at fairly low levels still, but I've got Whiney-dus at LF, Shammi at RF, some priest called Meb from Kilika as midfielder, Botta and Datto on defense and Miyu keeping goal for me, even though she's kinda freaky lookin.

Meb's pretty good. He's right now only at level 12 and has decent shooting, passing, attack and endurance. a good all around player.

with this team, I lost one game in the first league series I played and tied once. After that, no losses except when I wanted a 3rd place prize in a tournament.

EDIT: Er, actually, I have Jassu and Botta, not Datto. Datto went away very quickly. The Aurochs are cheap to keep around though. :D

Spammerman
03-15-2005, 12:42 PM
Can u fire tidus, and if u can how do u get him back

rubah
03-16-2005, 12:43 AM
Considering you don't ever pay tidus, and you can't talk to yourself in the game, and tidus has no contract, I'll say that's a 'No.'

Skyblade
03-16-2005, 12:57 AM
I added Wakka and Brother, and kept all the rest. Jassu, Tidus, Keepa, and someone else. I never lost in that play through, though I did lose in my first playthrough a couple times. I used a whole bunch of people then.

I did pretty much the same, except that I added Rin too. My team was:

Tidus
Wakka
Rin
Brother
Botta
Keepa

tehSlippy
03-16-2005, 04:03 PM
I never lost. I think I had:

RF: I forget her name. She's the chick from besaid, in the first house on the right.

RD: Wedge

LD: Zalitz

G: Jumal

Old Manus
03-16-2005, 04:18 PM
RF: I forget her name. She's the chick from besaid, in the first house on the right.

Vilucha.

crazybayman
03-16-2005, 04:34 PM
As follows:

RF: Wakka - (coulda had someone more powerful actually, but had to have him on the roster 'cause he's the CAP'N!!)

MF: Brother - Unstoppable

LF: Tidus, of course with that canon for a sphere kick

RD: Nimrook (I think)

LD: Eigaar - great shot from the point

G: Kyou (turned out to be a great goaltender)

Yep..........they dominated blitzball like Canada does in hockey. I would typically win like 12-0.

And that was a team I picked up near the end, after I got the airship. I didn't bother with it so much during my first visit to Luca.

:D *insert cool quote/graphics here* :D

crazybayman
03-16-2005, 04:40 PM
OOPS.......

had Miyu in goal, not Kyou.......it was several months ago now, and I keep getting some of those names mixed up

Bayman

*:D Insert cool quote/graphic here :D *

Aeritho
03-16-2005, 06:59 PM
I don't like blitzball at all. I thin I've played it once or twice he he :p

FFVIII Fan
03-20-2005, 08:14 PM
I don't like blitzball at all. I thin I've played it once or twice he he :p

bah! blitzball rulz :mad:

LF: Tidus RF: Nedus

MD:Nav Guado

LB: Ropp LB: Kiyuri

GK: Nizarut

eheheh..... unbeatable ;) :D

Swordicanus
03-24-2005, 10:22 PM
I'll try to name them emmmm LF.Tidus RF.eigarr MF.Brother(best MF in game he actually scores more than anyone for me) LD Naida RD Berrick(i think..can't really remember) and GK Keepa :angel: and I've never been beaten ha ha ha....by the way anyones highest score line mine was 18-0 PURE DOMINATION :cool:

SpiritWolf
03-25-2005, 12:53 AM
I don't play that much but

RF: Zev Ronso
LD: Jassu
RD: Kyuri
G: Miyu

tranvanhieu
03-31-2005, 04:35 AM
Haven't you seen Wakka's Auroch Spirit?
It's extremely powerful.
My favourite team is the Auroch team!
Of course it's hard to win at the beginning,but with time,all Auroch players will be very good!And when Wakka use Auroch Spirit,all of them will shoot!

TheSpoonyBard
04-01-2005, 08:36 PM
when Wakka use Auroch Spirit,all of them will shoot
Could you explain this please? I've used Auroch Spirit many times and the animation I see doesn't fit with your description.

I have two teams - one that is traditional and boring, the other is slightly quirky and is more of a challenge to play with.

'A' Team:
RF: Isken
MF: Mifurey
LD: Ropp
RD: Nav Guado
GL: Wedge

'B' Team: (no misprints, these are who I really have)
LF: Keepa
RF: Biggs
MF: Nizarut
LD: Miyu
RD: Rin
GL: Kyou

Cuchulainn
04-02-2005, 11:41 AM
You need to perform Aurochs Spirits with every original Auroch player for it to be used to it's full potential.

TheSpoonyBard
04-02-2005, 02:58 PM
Shouldn't that read "You need to [make Wakka] perform Aurochs Spirits [and have] every original Auroch player [still on the team] for it to be used to it's full potential"?

Cuchulainn
04-03-2005, 03:08 AM
No

TheSpoonyBard
04-03-2005, 03:23 PM
Now I'd rather not get into a debate over this, but the way you have written the statement makes it seems as though each original Auroch (Wakka, Datto, Letty, Jassu, Botta, Keepa) need to use Aurochs Spirit. Only Wakka can learn Aurochs Spirit, and this is what is confusing me. How can the other team members use a tech they cannot learn?

Cuchulainn
04-03-2005, 03:36 PM
That's right but I didn't feel I needed to edit my post, as you did. You need to perform Auroch Spirit with exer original Auroch player was sufficiant, if you are going to correct my grammer like some anal English Teacher please be sure that you need to first. My statement certainly wasn't Dicken's butr it made sense.