PDA

View Full Version : Reis

Azure Chrysanthemum
03-14-2005, 03:32 AM
What do you generally do with her? I tried using her awhile back and found her to be fairly lacking in power. Is there a way you can design her to make her good without resorting to using other jobs?

Yuzuki130
03-14-2005, 05:15 AM
Not really... Her movement is really bad, so I guess you could try fixing that. Attackwise, SHE IS A FREAKIN TANK. If you were to change her to a monk and learn that ability that allows you to attack twice, she can punch a total of 4 times which can bring down even the strongest enemies. *coughMELIADOULISBETTERcough*

darkblade117
03-14-2005, 05:45 AM
4 times? how do u do that?

Azure Chrysanthemum
03-14-2005, 06:49 AM
I imagine you mean using the Two-Swords ability that the Ninja allow you to use? I'm not sure if that works, doesn't she only get two fist attacks as a Dragoner?

And obviously Meliadoul is better, the fact that I'm asking what ways Reis can be used implies that she isn't working as well as other tried-and-true characters.

And just for that, I will have to say that Agrias, Cloud, and Beowulf are both MUCH more useful than Meladioul, as is Orlandu but that goes without saying.

BudSoda02
03-14-2005, 04:24 PM
IF you level her up, she can be a very strong character. Then, you'll have a good character, but hours of leveling up.
Thanks- BudSoda02 BudSoda02@yahoo.com

Azure Chrysanthemum
03-14-2005, 04:31 PM
I have leveled her up, but her bracelets were consistently doing only moderate damage.

Reid
03-14-2005, 05:41 PM
Beowulf is a whole much better

*bunch*

Edit by Kishi: Don't double-post.

Azure Chrysanthemum
03-14-2005, 09:26 PM
I know Beowulf is better. I'm not asking who's better than Reis, I'm asking what can be done with her to make her perform well.

dodhungry
03-14-2005, 10:07 PM
Unless you have a party with a whole ton of dragons get Reis out of dragoner and change her to a black mage to whence she can do *my lvl 79 Reis anyway :tongue:* about 500-700 damage with ice 2 on a regular enemy. :cool: :cool:

BG-57
03-14-2005, 10:52 PM
She's one of the characters who is better off in a non-default class with the default abilities as secondary. I usually make her a Knight, so she can equip some good armor and swords:

Chaos Blade
Crystal Armor
Crystal Helmet
Crystal Shield
Setiemson

She's awesome in that getup.

Despotus
03-14-2005, 11:55 PM
As a dragonner with equip armor, a high-level Reis has 999 h.p. and hits for a lot of VanDamage. Like Yuzuki said, she's a tank! And as a female, she can always equip the Ribbon and Chantage...very nice.

Alder
03-15-2005, 02:23 AM
My experience must be different from the rest of you... Reis is totally strong. She's been my favorite special character, although I don't use Orlandu because he's no fun. She just has uber stats... I leveled her up to 99 as a Dragoner and her stats are obscene. She's good at everything; you can make her into any job and she'll be a stud.

She was great for me as a fighter when I was leveling her up as a Dragoner... she has innate Two Swords and I gave her Martial Arts, and she was doing around 225 per hit, not too bad. Plus she had over 600 HP, and a lot of speed. Equipped with the Setiemson, she went first in every single fight and sometimes would get two turns in a row during a fight. I don't even know how that happens. :P

Now I'm using her as a magic user... as a Wizard, equipped with the best MA boosting equipment, she has 32 MA. Eventually I'm going to teach her Math Skill.

She would make a wicked Samurai too. I'll have to try that.

Reis owns.

DeBlayde
03-15-2005, 08:36 AM
I always made her a white mage to learn some curative spells so that I could get her bracelet abilities quickly (spending an hour on one battle beating myself up and then having Reis cure me) or I'd make her a monk to get her to learn Chakra. Once she's mastered the dragoner, she becomes a ninja and stays that way with her bracelets as a secondary. much ownage.

DocFrance
03-15-2005, 01:54 PM
I hate using Cid, because he just makes the game too easy. I prefer using the moderately difficult characters, like Agrias, Rafa, Malak, Reis, and Mustadio. Or I just use generics.

Mindflare
03-16-2005, 07:55 AM
I think she's the best looking character in the game. That's why I used her. I found her power lacking in comparison to the other characters. Turning her into other classes is where things get interesting, as others have mentioned. I may have to try some of these suggestions with her on my next run through the game.

Alder
03-16-2005, 08:00 AM
I think she's the best looking character in the game. That's why I used her. I found her power lacking in comparison to the other characters. Turning her into other classes is where things get interesting, as others have mentioned. I may have to try some of these suggestions with her on my next run through the game.

You can do that, but I recommend leveling her up as a Dragoner, for the awesome stat growth.

I turned her into a Wizard at level 99 and she still has over 500 HP. (And 32 MA with equipment.)

She's a good character as a Dragoner too... I gave her Equip Shield and the Kaiser Plate for a while to protect her until she learned Blade Grasp, and then gave her Martial Arts, and she was a pretty good fighter.

After you level her up, make her into a magic user or a Samurai and she'll be great.

eestlinc
03-16-2005, 11:36 PM
when does she stop being just a dragon?

Azure Chrysanthemum
03-16-2005, 11:38 PM
You have to beat the Neveleska Temple (I think that's the name) to get the Zodiac Stone that turns her back into a human.

eestlinc
03-16-2005, 11:41 PM
oh ok. I haven't done that yet. :D I haven't even fought Meliadoul yet, so it might be a while.

RedCydranth
03-18-2005, 06:20 PM
when does she stop being just a dragon?

After you get Reis as a dragon go back down to Goug, And with the Aquarius Stone you revive Worker 8. When you get to Zeltennia castle later on in the storyline, go to the bar and listen to the rumor about Nelveska Temple and a robot gone amuk. On yor overworld map an new battle will show up. That's Nelveska Temple. Now go back to Goug and Besrodio will have a new toy and need the Cancer Stone. The evil robot Worker 7 has it at Nelveska Temple. Go there with Worker 8, Reis and someone with great jump and the move-find item ability (if you want the awesome javelin and eschuteon that are far better than any other in the game) Atop the 2 pillars get your move find item guy there somehow. Anyhow, after you destroy the berzerk robot, Reis will again be human.

(you recieve the cancer stone as well, which warps Cloud into the world if you go back to Goug with Cancer Stone. If you bought the flower from Aeris, Cloud will join you in Zarghidas.)

Koryiaki
04-16-2005, 08:03 PM
rafa and malak are awesome......but rafa is in almost every aspect as far as starting abilities better then malak, i dunno, malak is to rafa as agries is to orlandu, a horrible mimic. But anyways, yah, leave reis a dragoneer with monk abilities and equip armor, ive only found her good as a tank, but atleast shes good with that, something no one else really has.

eestlinc
04-17-2005, 04:00 AM
But Agrias is a woman and gets dance and chantage and stuff. Plus you have had Agrias for most of the game and probably levelled her up and given her a ton of good abilities. I'd rather just use her than spend a bunch of time teaching Orlandu all the abilities she could use. Besides, why not use both?

Del Murder
04-17-2005, 05:54 AM
Reis is a pretty innovative character but I never found her all that useful. Beowulf and Orlandu are better. Orlandu's Excalibur is the secret to his success. If you gave it to Agrias she would probably be just as good.

Koryiaki
05-08-2005, 09:14 PM
nope, ive done that, since the sword skills re power based, and he has 10 more attack strength, hes just godly to her, even though hes cid, so hes gotta be teh cheep god :P

BudSoda02
05-10-2005, 07:27 PM
They're both equally good, each having their pros & cons. I've actually turned Cid into a knight & he was almost completely useless in that class until I mastered all of the Knight's primary skills.
Thanks- BudSoda02 BudSoda02@yahoo.com

Kiwi Nazi
06-08-2005, 03:03 PM
How are you supposed to get cid? Is it a coincadince that he shares a name with the guy from XII, I'm about to get cloud so i don't know if it's too late for me yet?

Lich3636
06-08-2005, 06:50 PM
Cid in this game is Cidofalas Orlandu aka Thunder God Cid ( you know the bad ass holy swordsman with excalibur) and there is a cid in every final fantasy except 1 but I may be wrong on that havent played in a very long time