PDA

View Full Version : more star ocean fun!

Excelsior
03-14-2005, 04:14 AM
im a huge fan of Star Ocean 3 for the PS2, and i was wondering about the other 2. is it even possible to own the first one? also, do the first 2 have anything to do with the 3rd one? thanks. also, feel free to move this if i put it in the wrong place, but i wasnt sure.

NM
03-14-2005, 12:18 PM
The first Star Ocean game was for the SNES, and was never released outside Japan. However you can get the ROM and play it on an emulator like ZSNES. You'll need to get a translation patch though unless you can read Japanese.

The Second game was for the Playstation, which i'm sure you'll be able to find some where.

As far as I know the game's are all set in the same galaxy and are connected slightly. But there's usually a few hundred years between the story of one game to the next.

Kawaii Ryűkishi
03-14-2005, 12:45 PM
There's also Star Ocean: Blue Sphere for the GameBoy Color, which takes place two years after the second game. It was never released outside of Japan, though, and even in ROM form, it's never been translated.

Cybele
03-14-2005, 06:21 PM
The first Star Ocean game was for the SNES, and was never released outside Japan. However you can get the ROM and play it on an emulator like ZSNES. You'll need to get a translation patch though unless you can read Japanese.

The Second game was for the Playstation, which i'm sure you'll be able to find some where.

As far as I know the game's are all set in the same galaxy and are connected slightly. But there's usually a few hundred years between the story of one game to the next.

Actually, I think that the second one wasn't set that far from the first one as Claude's father, Ronixis J Kenni, was one of the characters in the first one. Claude tells his fathers story when you start a new game as him in the second one. At least I'm pretty sure that's what it was, unless they just gave the same name (last name and middle initial included) to one of the characters of the last one to Claude's father for kicks. But they also look similar.