PDA

View Full Version : Advent Children and Dirge of Cerebus

Servilonus2112
03-14-2005, 11:32 AM
Advent Children takes place two years after FFVII, but when does DoC take place? If it is after AC, do you think that it will make reference to the events in AC, or vice versa? Discuss please.

Cloud72789
03-14-2005, 06:06 PM
I'm not real big on DoC so I really don't know when it takes place. :\

Shoden
03-14-2005, 06:08 PM
i think its after AC

BackRoomKid
03-14-2005, 11:55 PM
a year after AC

same here, not big on DoC....after AC I'll look into it
I think it'll make reference to whatever happens in AC...hey, we know Vincent doesn't die...literally...

V. Valentine
03-15-2005, 11:59 AM
OOOh *drools* dirge of cerberus...oooh.... vincent, oooooh yeah.
I thought it was set 3 years after AC, not that it matters to vincent he'll still genetically be 27, oh how cool is he....oooooh

TheAbominatrix
03-15-2005, 08:22 PM
It's one year, not three.

Greiver205
03-16-2005, 12:36 AM
I think its so dum that they are making DoC with Vincent as the Main Character. They should keep it original with Cloud...not Vincent. Who cares about that wierd guy. He wasnt even a necessary part of the storyline in FF7.

TheAbominatrix
03-16-2005, 12:39 AM
Keep it original? Cloud as the main character has been done plenty of times. Doing it again would not be original.

Lots of people like Vincent, and you always have the option not to play it. And, if you consider his past with Sephiroth's mother, yes he is a neccesary part of the story, even as an optional character.

Greiver205
03-16-2005, 07:30 PM
Cloud has only been the main character in FF7 and Advent Children thats not that much, and if they want to make the game with another person at least choose someone from the main party...(even though it would be better with Yuffie than with Vincent.)My choice would be Barret or Cid.

TheAbominatrix
03-16-2005, 07:34 PM
That's more than the average character, and I still dont see how doing it again makes it original.

They chose Vincent from his popularity and his extreme propensity for an interesting story. The end.

ljkkjlcm9
03-16-2005, 07:42 PM
for the type of game it seems to be, vincent is the only character that would work. He has a gun, it seems the gun is integral to the game, no-other character uses a gun. As I've said in other threads, it's more likely they wanted to do a shooter type game or something, and they were making sequels to FFVII and saw that Vincent was popular and they could kill two birds with one stone.

THE JACKEL

Greiver205
03-17-2005, 12:42 AM
Vincents story isnt that ineteresting and Barret has a gunarm so it wouldnt be much different than a gun

Cloud72789
03-17-2005, 01:13 AM
Vincent's story IS interesting! If you compared Vincent to Cloud, Vincent is the stronger one, even. That's that. Vincents story wasn't explained in very much detail in the game, so why not make a game explaining it? Sounds great to me! You're just a simple Vincent hater. You don't understand him, so you hate him, right? Right! ;)

TheAbominatrix
03-17-2005, 02:54 AM
Vincent has a very interesting and expansive backstory. Barret's backstory was explained very well, Vincent's is still mysterious.

Camanche
03-17-2005, 03:03 AM
Vincents story isnt that interesting and Barret has a gunarm so it wouldnt be much different than a gun

I could be wrong, but have you gone out of your way to see ALL the scenes that have to do with Vincent’s back-story? I'm not saying that if you did, you would think he was more interesting, but from posts in other threads, it seems to me that you may have not seen everything.

Do you think Sephiroth's story is uninteresting?

As for Barret's gunarm, it's more like a machine gun, so there's not a lot of aiming required. Not much of a shooter. Are you a fan of Barret?

I'll say this though, Vincent never got closure in the end, but Barret did. Simple as that. What story are they going to tell about Barret's past, or his future? Have a tamagotchi or Sims-like mini-game, where you raise Marlene? :O_O: We pretty much know everything that is significant about his past, and I think he just wanted peace for his daughter in the future. Nice, but not very interesting. Vincent's past is still shrouded in mystery, leaving more room to make a game based off the unknown, and him dealing with his past and inner demons. Figuratively, and possibly quite literally.

Dolentrean
03-17-2005, 04:27 AM
Thank you! I have always been a huge Vincent fan because of his story. He had alot of peosonality and if you found all the background stories to him you begin to see how much he hurt and begain heal at the end. even after he realised he didnt deserve his punishment (have him in your party right before you fight Hojo) he never forgives himself and was worried about faceing sepheroth because he thought he would sin again if he Killed the son of Lutricia

Greiver205
03-17-2005, 07:34 PM
Well,yea i guess i am kind of a Vincent hater. :sweatdrop But either way like i said before some people didnt get him in their party so they might not kow much about him,and if you didnt get him they dont explain him in the main story line. So isnt it kind of unfair to those who didnt get him... :-\

Camanche
03-17-2005, 07:48 PM
Um, well, it's not as if his character is a HUGE secret. By that logic, even having Vincent and Yuffie in Advent Children is unfair to those who did not get them in the game. To be honest, I don't know why Square left Vincent and Yuffie as secret characters. I personally think they should have been necessary to have in your party. That way, we could have them in FMV sequences. :D

Out of pure curiosity, why do you 'hate' Vincent? If you enjoy playing FFVII, and have the time, you should go through it again and get Vincent in your party and keep him in there as much as possible. (I know his limits make him a pain in battle, but work with me here;))

Also, peek at walkthroughs as you're going through the game to make sure you see all events/flashbacks with him when you get the opportunity. Vincent isn't my favourite character or anything either, but I thought he was a very well thought-out, intriguing, and well-developed/designed character. Maybe you've already done this, and you instead hated Vincent's character for all of this, I don't know.

It's just a thought that one should truly understand something before griping about it, or 'hating' it. (I'm not saying you are, but I'm assuming that if you hate Vincent, you probably wouldn't keep him around in your party, or bother with his sidequests/backstory.)

Greiver205
03-17-2005, 08:05 PM
I dont know why square left them out either,and yea it would have been cool to see them in the FMV scenes. I did get him when i played it which i jus replayed like 2 months ago and didnt really find him that interesting...so i never really had him in my party that much. I also did make sure i saw all the scenes related to himand everyone else but still didnt find his character so mysterious and interesting.

Dolentrean
03-17-2005, 10:57 PM
well I agree that both Yuffie and Vinc should have been main charecters, they didnt act like extra charecters at all

PS I took that same quest and turned out to be vincint to...

claw
03-17-2005, 11:05 PM
:D :D I think i read something that said its 2 years after the game.
ya know like a movie for 2 years after & a game for 2 years after. :D :greenie: :D

TheAbominatrix
03-17-2005, 11:08 PM
Advent Children occurs two years after Final Fantasy VII.
Dirge of Cerebrus occurs one year after Advent Children, three years after Final Fantasy VII

Greiver205
03-18-2005, 01:21 AM
I wonder if all of them are exactly 356 days apart you know ???

TheAbominatrix
03-18-2005, 01:27 AM
I highly doubt it's exact in any way.

Greiver205
03-18-2005, 01:53 AM
Yea me too...

CloudStrife48
03-18-2005, 04:19 PM
for the type of game it seems to be, vincent is the only character that would work. He has a gun, it seems the gun is integral to the game, no-other character uses a gun. As I've said in other threads, it's more likely they wanted to do a shooter type game or something, and they were making sequels to FFVII and saw that Vincent was popular and they could kill two birds with one stone.

THE JACKEL

Barret Wallace

Greiver205
03-19-2005, 04:05 PM
Barret Wallace...what??

CloudStrife48
03-19-2005, 09:54 PM
Barret Wallace...what??

he said Barrett Wallace is the only character that would work for the game... I say Barrett Wallace would work because he has a gun... is it hard to actually look at the quote i posted with MY input? But Barrett can't transform into awesome chaotic demons to kill things as well as the fan base... but I'm just trying to make a healthy debate here.

BackRoomKid
03-19-2005, 11:08 PM
is it hard to actually look at the quote i posted with MY input? But Barrett can't transform into awesome chaotic demons to kill things as well as the fan base... but I'm just trying to make a healthy debate here.

vincent owns barrett :p

Camanche
03-20-2005, 12:36 AM
As for Barret's gunarm, it's more like a machine gun, so there's not a lot of aiming required. Not much of a shooter.

I can see your point, but Vincent's types of guns make more sense.

Also, did anyone think that maybe they wanted to make a game that expanded on the history and past of FFVII, chose the character that they'd be able to best do this with, and THAN made it a shooter, considering the characters weapon? It makes more sense to me this way around.

Dolentrean
03-20-2005, 01:01 AM
The reson they chose vincent over barret is barrets story came to an end while Vinc's didnt fully conclud

Greiver205
03-20-2005, 02:17 PM
They probably wanted to mix the shooter genre and RPG and decided to use FFVII(bad choice in my opinion)for the project.