PDA

View Full Version : Can you relate to this?

Weimar Pluto Knight VII
03-14-2005, 02:06 PM
Has FF or another RPG caused you to keep saying the wrong thing? Okay, let me explain better.

My dad and I are skiing, and I keep having to correct myself. "Look, there are moogles! I mean, moguls!"

Something like this happen to anyone else?

boris no no
03-14-2005, 04:59 PM
many a conversation has gone like this.
ruth- "we must smite this hellish monster to whnce it came"
Katie- "Ruth, thats a bunny"
or
ruth-"quick throw me a phoenix down, my hp is extremely low. i cannot win this battle without it"
Katie-"Ruth, thats hydrochloric acid...."

Chris
03-14-2005, 05:02 PM
many a conversation has gone like this.
ruth- "we must smite this hellish monster to whnce it came"
Katie- "Ruth, thats a bunny"
or
ruth-"quick throw me a phoenix down, my hp is extremely low. i cannot win this battle without it"
Katie-"Ruth, thats hydrochloric acid...."

:(

Weimar Pluto Knight VII
03-14-2005, 05:20 PM
Thankfully, I don't get those words mixed up. I mean like you get words confused. I play FF a lot more than I ski, so I call those white bumps in the slope "moogles," instead of "moguls."

Destai
03-14-2005, 05:26 PM
Chickobo is all thats coming to mind right now.

Weimar Pluto Knight VII
03-14-2005, 05:41 PM
Oh, you mean you and some of your guy friends are hanging out, you see a cute girl and say, "Whoa, what a chickibo!"

RSL
03-14-2005, 05:54 PM
I'm pretty sure this has never happened to me.

Weimar Pluto Knight VII
03-14-2005, 05:58 PM
:(

Man, I thought this would make a good thread, but this is turning into my multiplayer fan fic thread.

Somebody must have a gf named Tiffany! "Oh, Tifa." "Who's Tifa? Are you seeing another woman? *slap!*"

Jojee
03-14-2005, 06:03 PM
Dude I'd slap him. That means he's fantasizing about Tifa while he's with me. No way, I'm better ;)

And nope, hasn't happened to me either, I think... o_0 That's cos' RSL and I have LIVES and are COOL. ....jk xD No, no we're not.

KuRt
03-14-2005, 06:06 PM
Well I do use some of FF things in maths class.

Teacher: pick up the pen and do your homeworks.
me: I havenīt learnt the "pick up the pen" ability..

Zell's Fists of Fury
03-14-2005, 06:48 PM
One time me and my dad were playing football and he said to me "Hey I'm going inside for a cool lemondae, do you want one?" and I said "I WILL DEVOUR YOUR PATHETIC SOUL AND SEND IT TO THE ENDLESS BOTTOM OF THE LOWEST LEVEL OF HELL WHERE YOU WILL BE TORN APART BY BLOODTHIRST DEMONS" and he said "What?" and I said "Oops, I mean yes. Too much RPGs, you see"

Weimar Pluto Knight VII
03-14-2005, 09:48 PM
Oh, don't worry; I have a life. Thankfully, my blunders aren't quite that serious. I just say moogle a lot more than I say mogul.

How about this?

"Well, I'm surprised there was one person who missed the gimme extra credit. The question, 'What do you call the result of adding?' -- the person put summon."

Actually, the following happened to me. I was going through old homeworks in my english lit class in 10th, and saw that I had written the author as "Washington Irvine." I was like, "Did I do that on purpose or not?"

Ouch!
03-14-2005, 09:54 PM
I wish I had an amusing story to tell about this kind of stuff, but, sadly, I do not. Sorry to disappoint.