PDA

View Full Version : FamilyGuy vs The Simpsons

kagome sama
03-14-2005, 09:44 PM
i love both of these shows but it's really hard to choose which is my favorite but probaly i have to go with family guy

Shoden
03-14-2005, 09:46 PM
the simpsons is great but Family guy is better

Flamethrower
03-14-2005, 09:48 PM
Family Guy is 1,000,000,000 times funnier than The Simpsons. Seriously. And this is coming from a Simpsons fan, too.

Shoden
03-14-2005, 09:55 PM
just coz its funnier doesnt mean you dont laugh your arse off with the simpsons its a classic and still a great cartoon series

Ouch!
03-14-2005, 10:00 PM
The Simpsons are funny, sure, but Family Guy is simply that much better. Though the Simpsons has a lot of crude humour, Family Guy just goes way out there and often steps over the line, usually resulting in something absolutely hilarious.

Agent Proto
03-14-2005, 10:00 PM
I like both, but Family Guy gets the nod because The Simpson is running dry.

Flying Mullet
03-14-2005, 10:01 PM
Quahog > Springfield

Shoden
03-14-2005, 10:03 PM
it's got more booze drugs and crude humour than Futurama which pwned the simpsons

Doc Sark
03-14-2005, 10:06 PM
Family Guy edges it for me. Just. It's more edgy than the Simpsons but I love both shows.

Ichimonji
03-14-2005, 10:19 PM
The Simpsons were good, but once Family Guy came out it became a whole new show. It started getting ridiculous, and non-sensible. The Simpsons isn't meant for that kind of wacky-zany humour. However Family Guy is. Family Guy has been stupid, weird, ridiculous, and crazy since episode one, so it's alright.

Family Guy.

Sepho
03-14-2005, 11:10 PM
I watched The Simpsons for years, and it's still funny, but Family Guy beats it in its prime. It's really that good. A better question would be:

"Family Guy vs. American Dad"

The Captain
03-14-2005, 11:39 PM
Simply put, without The Simpsons, there wouldn't be Family Guy, so Simpsons wins. As for which show is better RIGHT NOW, I'd give the nod to Family Guy, but The Simpsons is in a class alone in the long run.

Just as an aside, I prefer Futurama to both, but that's another debate.

Take care all.

crashNUMBERS
03-15-2005, 03:18 AM
Hes A Fam-LY GUY!!!!

WarLord18
03-15-2005, 03:19 AM
i whould haft to say Familly Gey even thow there real funny but family gey is a littel more funnyer

Del Murder
03-15-2005, 03:19 AM
Family Guy is funny, but it doesn't really compare. I can't ever seeing it lasting 16 seasons.

If you meant currently, then there is a little more to compare, but I still say Simpsons wins. It's been pretty good this year.

Mindflare
03-15-2005, 03:21 AM
That's what I would have said. I can watch either Family Guy or The Simpsons, and get a good laugh, but Futurama is better to me.

Luc
03-15-2005, 03:23 AM
Unfortunately, I hate The Simpsons, so my vote goes to Family Guy.

Kirobaito
03-15-2005, 03:38 AM
In its prime, nothing beat the Simpsons. Now, Family Guy is probably better, but the better show is the Simpsons. Family Guy doesn't have (and probably will never have) the cult following that Homer, Marge, Bart, Lisa, and Maggie have had over the past 15 years.

Project G
03-15-2005, 10:40 AM
Family Guy rules, its just completely random. Simpsons suck, they used to be funny, but now its just stupid

Cz
03-15-2005, 10:29 PM
I'd have to agree with The Captain and Mindflare and say that Futurama surpasses them both. It's such a shame that the show was cancelled relatively early in its lifespan, and with the episodes getting better and better you have to wonder just what we missed out on.

Nod
03-16-2005, 01:27 PM
Simply put, without The Simpsons, there wouldn't be Family Guy, so Simpsons wins. As for which show is better RIGHT NOW, I'd give the nod to Family Guy, but The Simpsons is in a class alone in the long run.

wow, he gave me to Family Guy!
i love the simpsons, but i must say that i think family guy rules.
And i agree, futurama is the best of all 3.
:D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D

boris no no
03-16-2005, 03:19 PM
not seen much of the fmaily guy so the simpsons it is. :p

gokufusionss1
03-16-2005, 04:00 PM
The simpsons is a thousand times funnier and smarter then family guy, they did the parodies and random flashbacks first. Family guy density of jokes is far lower then the simpsons.

Imperia
03-16-2005, 06:34 PM
The Simpsons hasn't been that good in recent years, but... What is so special about Family Guy?

Dreddz
03-16-2005, 07:23 PM
How can you lot prefer family guy to the simpsons
Yer Family Guys good but come on
its the simpsons!!!!!

Shoden
03-16-2005, 10:25 PM
yer i know the simpsons ios great but Family Guy has jokes and humour that are so critical it should be banned but its so good it isnt you cant get any of that humour on the simpsons even though they are great

-N-
03-16-2005, 10:40 PM
I don't really find The Simpsons very funny these days, so I prefer Family Guy.

Storm
03-17-2005, 12:03 AM
In The Simpsons' glory years (Seasons 3-7), Family Guy isn't even close to as funny. I prefer South Park to both of them now.

Yamaneko
03-17-2005, 12:40 AM
Family Guy tries to hard. And for some reason they have to comment on every little thing. It can get annoying. The Simpsons in the glory years was about one million times funnier than Family Guy has ever been.

remi07
03-17-2005, 03:39 PM
To me there isn't a funnier show then Family Guy. The Simpson's use to be witty, but now they're just completely stupid, and not in a funny way like Family Guy is. Did anyone watch the Simpson's episode right after the Super Bowl this year? Talk about crap.

DocFrance
03-17-2005, 04:11 PM
Family Guy is everything The Simpsons used to be but isn't anymore, and more. I just love all the random obscure pop-culture references, like the Six Thousand Dollar Man: "We can re-build him. But we don't want to spend a lot of money."

Del Murder
03-18-2005, 02:50 AM
Family Guy tries to hard. And for some reason they have to comment on every little thing. It can get annoying. The Simpsons in the glory years was about one million times funnier than Family Guy has ever been.
My view could not have been stated better.

Montoya
03-18-2005, 04:51 AM
In my opinion Family Guy is funnier, but you have to give credit to The Simpsons for lasting as long as the show has.

DMKA
03-18-2005, 05:55 AM
In its prime, nothing beat the Simpsons. Now, Family Guy is probably better, but the better show is the Simpsons. Family Guy doesn't have (and probably will never have) the cult following that Homer, Marge, Bart, Lisa, and Maggie have had over the past 15 years.
This is true...

However, The Simpsons didn't have...

"So Peter, where do you see youself in 7 years?"
"(Don't say doin your wife don't say doin your wife)"
"Doin your...son."

Family Guy people. XD

UltimateSpamGrover
03-22-2005, 07:09 PM
I never really liked the Simpsons. I'm with Family Guy.

rubah
03-22-2005, 10:41 PM
the simpsons are good memories

family guy is memories in the making.

Craig
03-22-2005, 10:46 PM
I think I saw one episode of Family Guy, it was a while ago but I vaguely remember not liking it. I don't see why everyone likes it I think i'll have to watch an episode of it.

Lon611
03-22-2005, 10:49 PM
it depends. i voted simpsons, cuz the old episodes were genius and classic. although the new simpsons reek of something fowl, and family guy truly is comedic :D

Yuffie514
03-23-2005, 01:29 AM
Family Guy is funny, but it doesn't really compare. I can't ever seeing it lasting 16 seasons.

i like both The Simpsons and Family Guy :p , but i also have to agree with Del Murder :meditate: . it's already off the air in my state :tongue: .

Swordicanus
04-16-2005, 11:56 PM
Family Guy now

smittenkitten
04-17-2005, 12:08 AM
Wel i don't care what anyone say's SIMPSONS!!!!come on i got best cartoon and i agree with homer's "DUH" how could it go wrong? :<3: xXx

squareSOFT
04-17-2005, 03:19 AM

Evey ten seconds family guy has a hilarious joke. The simpsons has about one of those per episode. It really is that simple.

Big D
04-17-2005, 03:34 AM
The Simpsons is loaded with subtle, timely, sage-like sarcastic social commentary. It says so much about the world we live in - politics, economics, the media - and does so in a way that's both intelligent and often easy to overlook.

Family Guy is, in my opinion, directly inspired by The Simpsons. You've got your stereotypical-but-not-quite-normal family, who end up in all kinds of odd predicaments and shenanigans. The husband is an upper-working-class white guy who loves his booze and is somewhat rotund; the kids are unusual and often problematic; the wife is perhaps the most normal of them all. A similar pattern and similar concept to The Simpsons, just executed differently.

I don't watch either program routinely, but I've got huge respect for The Simpsons' intelligent, informative, scathing, yet subtle critique in our world today.

squareSOFT
04-17-2005, 03:37 AM
The Simpsons is loaded with subtle, timely, sage-like sarcastic social commentary. It says so much about the world we live in - politics, economics, the media - and does so in a way that's both intelligent and often easy to overlook.

Family Guy is, in my opinion, directly inspired by The Simpsons. You've got your stereotypical-but-not-quite-normal family, who end up in all kinds of odd predicaments and shenanigans. The husband is an upper-working-class white guy who loves his booze and is somewhat rotund; the kids are unusual and often problematic; the wife is perhaps the most normal of them all. A similar pattern and similar concept to The Simpsons, just executed differently.

I don't watch either program routinely, but I've got huge respect for The Simpsons' intelligent, informative, scathing, yet subtle critique in our world today.

Yes, the simpsons says a lot about today's world. Yes family guy is a bit of a copy. But lets not forget that the main point of these shows is humour. Family Guy will not draw the line at anything and it's tounge and cheek humour is the best out there

Big D
04-17-2005, 03:44 AM
Family Guy's humour is even more subversive than The Simpsons - like their perverted abomination of Smurfs:p
Really tongue-in-cheek, as has been said.

Swordicanus
06-03-2005, 04:14 PM
On further watching of Family Guy I have become hooked and I will now say without a doubt that Family Guy is funnier and simply better :p

Spiffing Cheese
06-03-2005, 05:29 PM
I couldn't decide. They both have their good points. I think I prefer the Simpons because I've grown up watching it and it's always been one of my favourite shows.

FiragaBreak
06-03-2005, 06:51 PM
Family guy is so Freakin' Sweet. Gi-ga-di-gi-ga-di-gi-ga-di. Ohhhh, yea!

Reles
06-03-2005, 07:29 PM
Family Guy. It's rather random and I like random things. Also a lot of inside jokes about the 80's that are extremely hilarious. I also like it because my mom enjoys it and seeing her laugh over a cartoon makes me happy. She just doesn't understand the whole "anime" thing, and Family Guy is for mostly a teenage/adult audience. I like I like.

-Reles

Perducci
06-03-2005, 09:02 PM
I like both, but Family Guy gets the nod because The Simpson is running dry.