PDA

View Full Version : Well, it's official.

DeBlayde
03-14-2005, 11:46 PM
In a little more than 8 months, I'll have a little bundle of joy running around.

That's right. DeBlayde Jr. or Mrs. DeBlayde Jr.'s on his or her way.

Daunting prospect, really. I mean, yeah I'm plenty able to care for a child, but will I make a good father? more than that, will I be a good Daddy?

There's going to be a little person wholly dependant on me and my wife which our world will now need to revolve around who will look up at me and hopefully think I'm the best thing since sliced bread. I mean, when I was a kid, my dad was my hero. Still is, even though I've gotten to know him now as a man and his humanity makes him all the more the hero to me. The fact that he looked like Harrison Ford when they were both younger and I thought that I was watching my Dad as Indiana Jones and Han Solo didn't really have all that much to do with it.

I mean, if he's a boy, I'd like his name to be Bryson Allen IV, and Bryson means "son of a Noble Man," am I really the kind of person that a small child will look up to and respect?

Hard questions come to mind and lots of soul searching with this kind of announcement.

what do you think?

RSL
03-14-2005, 11:47 PM
Congrats!

boris no no
03-14-2005, 11:49 PM
bless!
you'll do great!
if you could choose a godfather from EOFF, who would it be?
:D :D :D

eestlinc
03-14-2005, 11:49 PM
awesome!

godfather from EoFF? It'd have to be Del Murder.

Leeza
03-14-2005, 11:53 PM
Awesome news, DeBlayde! Congratulations. :)
You'll do just fine as a daddy. :)

The Captain
03-14-2005, 11:54 PM
That's wonderful news good sir!

You'll make a fine father. Don't worry so much, just use your judgment. The last thing you want to do is apply pressure to BE a good father. Good parents are people that love their kids, work hard at showing them as much of the world as they can, and never judge themselves or their children, but rather allow them to develop into themselves, into the people that they will be.

Also, why not ask your folks for some helpful hints as well? There are probably a few little parenting secrets that might come in handy, as in, perhaps a certain way to deal with a child who won't go to bed or something along those lines.

In all, this should be a joyous event, one that will bring a new life into the world and allow a family to grow together that much more.

Take care all.

crashNUMBERS
03-14-2005, 11:56 PM
You go De!!! Congradulations and bless you and your ,I know is going to be wonderfull, Child!!! Amen!

Dixie
03-15-2005, 12:02 AM
You're going to be a daddy! Oh goodie!:)

DeBlayde
03-15-2005, 12:02 AM
Well, no offense to Del, but if it'd be an Eyes on God-person, I'd probably go with Cap. Wisdom and rationality and patience are big in raising kids and he regularly displays all three. But, I'm not Catholic, so I'm not sure there'll be any godparents. I was kinda thinking about my RL friend Jamie, though... she was my best friend in college, and we're still really close even though we live 3000 miles apart and I know she and her husband would take really really good care of Little DeBlayde.

Thanks for the support, by the way. Happy thoughts makes the heaviest of burdens diminish. :D

Shlup
03-15-2005, 12:07 AM
Just considering the fact that you're willing to ask these questions of yourself leads me to believe you'll be a great father.

And, to toss in some random advice that I learned in a class recently: Children think motorically, not logically, so when you say things like "Don't run!" they don't register the "don't" part, just the "run." Instead, say what you do want them to do like "Walk!" to avoid frustration.

I know you wont need that advice for a few years, but its never too soon to prepaire yourself. ^_^

Congratulations. :<3:

StarlightAngel
03-15-2005, 12:16 AM
Congrats! :D

http://home.att.net/~mimisk8/puff125.gif</a>

The Captain
03-15-2005, 12:20 AM
"And, to toss in some random advice that I learned in a class recently: Children think motorically, not logically, so when you say things like "Don't run!" they don't register the "don't" part, just the "run." Instead, say what you do want them to do like "Walk!" to avoid frustration."

That's absolutely fascinating. Thanks for the insight Shlup.

Take care all.

Shlup
03-15-2005, 12:24 AM
That's absolutely fascinating. Thanks for the insight Shlup.

Take care all.
Glad you think so. I enjoy my area of study. :grinpink:

Destai
03-15-2005, 12:25 AM
Congratulations :D
When you ask questions like that and wonder how to be a good father, well.. you wont have anything to worry about. Good Luck :)

Yamaneko
03-15-2005, 12:55 AM
Congrats! I can't even begin thinking about being a father myself.

Azure Chrysanthemum
03-15-2005, 01:29 AM
Congratulations!

I'm sure you'll do fine, once you get past the 3:00 AM feedings and all that.

FallenAngel411
03-15-2005, 01:36 AM
Congrats!!! :)

I'm sure you'll make a great father! I can't even begin to imagine what it is you're feeling, but I know it must be good....I wish you much luck on this new era of your life.

Ryth
03-15-2005, 01:37 AM
Congrats DeBlayde! Don't worry I'm sure you'll make a great dad. Good luck nonthless raising a child is a big responsibilty but I'm sure you'll do great. Congrats!!!! :)

Rye
03-15-2005, 01:53 AM
Wow, that's great! :) Congrats!

Faris
03-15-2005, 02:08 AM
:D! Congratulations!
I'm sure you'll do just fine as a father :)

Cless
03-15-2005, 02:14 AM
That's great news Deblayde. Congratulations! :)

Fuzakeru
03-15-2005, 02:16 AM
Congratulations!!!!!

Chemical
03-15-2005, 02:19 AM
Congradulations though, I'm sure you'll do fine.
best of luck to you both and I hope it's a swift and painless pregnancy.

YunaGirl05
03-15-2005, 02:21 AM
Oh a baby! I have alittle brother who is about 6 months. They can be friends! yay!

Ouch!
03-15-2005, 02:33 AM
Wow, that has to be a great feeling, y'know, being a daddy to be. I also agree that the fact that you're asking these questions proves you care and caring proves you're going to do a good job.

Good luck and congratulations. ^_^

Resha
03-15-2005, 02:57 AM
CONGRATULATIONS!!! :<3::<3::<3::<3::<3::<3: CONGRATULATIONS!!! :<3::<3::<3::<3::<3::<3: Baby babie baby!! You'll be a great daddie!!

Del Murder
03-15-2005, 03:50 AM
Well, no offense to Del, but if it'd be an Eyes on God-person, I'd probably go with Cap. Wisdom and rationality and patience are big in raising kids and he regularly displays all three. But, I'm not Catholic, so I'm not sure there'll be any godparents.
What if I made you an offer you couldn't refuse?

Congrats and good luck, Mr. Blayde.

Agent Proto
03-15-2005, 03:54 AM
Wow. Congrats! I'm sure you'll be a great father! Just don't worry about it too much and enjoy the moments that'll come for sure.

fire_of_avalon
03-15-2005, 04:55 AM
Wow :O Quite an announcement. Congratulations and I hope this is just the first in line for a happy family. :D

Yew-Yevon
03-15-2005, 04:56 AM
congadulations............sorry i cant spell :(

DeBlayde
03-15-2005, 07:28 AM
thanks again everybody for your overwhelming support.

a marginally related note:
There is empirical evidence which suggests that if the mother exercises regularly during pregnancy that the resultant child will sleep through the night more frequently. as well, physically fit mothers seem to have an easier time with labor and have a shorter recovery time.

I've been wanting to get a recumbent exercise bicycle for a while, so maybe it'd be a good investment for everybody at this point in time. perhaps, though, the recumbant position would be unhealthy for the baby, especially once it starts getting big inside my wife... maybe I could get one with a reclining seat. hmmm...

Kirkpatrick
03-15-2005, 07:31 AM
Congratulations!

Looking at your posts in this thread (and remembering some from others), I'd say you don't have too much to worry about, you sound like you'll make a great father.

Rusty
03-15-2005, 08:34 AM
Congrats! :) Like others have said, don't worry to much, you do sound like you'll make a fine father :)

Mindflare
03-15-2005, 08:41 AM
All the best advice has been given, so all that's left for me to say would be congratulations. I wish you a happy life with your family.

Zell's Fists of Fury
03-15-2005, 09:01 AM
Name it Jeremiah.

Or Buckethead.

Big D
03-15-2005, 10:12 AM
Well well, this is great news indeed!
Sounds like something that's exciting, exhilarating and a little bit unnerving... but I'm sure you'll both do fine.

Many heartfelt congratulations to ye!

Also, I agree with what Shlup said about your suitability for the job.
:)

Project G
03-15-2005, 10:15 AM
Someone once said "When I was a child, I hated everyone, but when I grew up, I realised that I hated children" Congrats though

Miriel
03-15-2005, 11:10 AM
Congratulations! That's such fantastic news, I'm really happy for you and your wife. ^_^

And I'll follow Shlup's example and throw in a random piece of advice:

Studies have shown that there are many benefits to breastfeeding for both the baby and the mother. One of the more significant benefits is that the longer a baby is breastfed, the greater his/her cognitive and educational achievement throughout childhood and early adulthood.

Most parents breastfeed for 6 months and then quickly switch to formula not knowing the formula isn't nearly as healthy for a baby as natural breast milk.

So when the time comes, don't be too quick to turn to the bottle. ;)

Keep us updated with the pregnancy, I'll be sending happy thoughts your way.

*ETERNAL FANTASY*
03-15-2005, 12:58 PM
Congratulations. All the best. Goodluck

Just be always be there for your wife and just family in general, keep being greatful for your bundle of joy. Im sure you'll make a great dad!

Congrats again mate! :D

Dr.K
03-15-2005, 01:05 PM
That's fantastic news. It's really nice to see someone in such a potentially rewarding, important and promising position in life. All the best.

KuRt
03-15-2005, 01:06 PM
In a little more than 8 months, I'll have a little bundle of joy running around.

I think he or she won´t be ruuning around after 8 months, but congratulations still

DeBlayde
03-16-2005, 08:53 PM
I was an extremely hyper child. Even now I can't sit still very well. some part of me is always moving. any kid of mine will be enormously gifted, so I wouldn't be surprised if he or she was up and movin around not very long after birth. :D

Blackmageboi
03-16-2005, 09:05 PM
Congratulations!

I'm sure you'll do fine, once you get past the 3:00 AM feedings and all that.
yeah theres all the crying an pooping and so on.....dont worry youll make the best dad for your lil kidweather it be boy or girl

best wishes!

Odaisé Gaelach
03-16-2005, 09:23 PM
Hey, very cool! Congratulations! :D

Jojee
03-16-2005, 09:32 PM
That's so wonderful... you guys will be so happy ^_^ Your own family...! :<3: I wish you the best.

Project G
03-17-2005, 01:48 PM
Sorry if I was negative last time, disipline your child well or it will become a brat and/or a chav

crazybayman
03-17-2005, 02:37 PM
Congratulations! I'm sure you'll make a great father.

As it was said earlier, the mere fact that you're worrying about it now is a sure sign you'll be a great role model.

Da Bayman

Logan
03-17-2005, 02:55 PM
Congratulations! :D Good luck during the pregnancy.

eternalshiva
03-17-2005, 03:15 PM
Congrats! Having a child is wonderful XD mine just turned three :) Good luck and don't worry too much, I'm still baffled 3 years down the road but she's teaching me more about taking care of her than any book can tell you. Don't get upset when people 'tell' you what to do or try to dictate how to bring her up, she's your kid, thank them for their concern and advice and tell them you'll take it under consideration. You're the parent ;p Do what your gut feeling tells you to do.

amratis
03-17-2005, 03:35 PM
Wow! Thats wonderful news! Congratulations! I'm sure you'll be a great father :)